Official JTR speaker thread - Page 940 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #28171 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I do have a processor, it's not the minidsp but a different brand. After i have more time to play with the subs/placements, i may have to do some measurements if i am not satisfied with the sound and see what else i can do (including EQ), and maybe adding some more acoustics / bass traps into the mix..
Well...if after all that you're still not satisfied, there will only be one thing left to do........

Add another OS to help smooth things out.

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28172 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Well...if after all that you're still not satisfied, there will only be one thing left to do........

Add another OS to help smooth things out.
Unfortunately that is not an option as i have 'zero' free space in my room.. the only place subs can go is behind the screen (ie, one location)... i might be able to put some 'tiny' 10 inch subs behind the first row... but i'll have to build them to be really short and angled or something to fit...
post #28173 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Hi @dwaleke ,

Anything different/new to report after a few more days with the 212's?

Any regrets?

Thanks
Ray
I just wanted to follow up on this now that I've had the 212HTs for a couple weeks.

I agree with what @Frohlich said in his post here.

I have also made small comments in various threads and my opinion hasn't changed much. Basically the 212HTs have more clarity in the mids and upper frequencies. This is a decent sized upgrade compared to the U215s. The 212s sound like they are smaller speakers. Oh and the midbass on the U215s was better.

I also just tested out some midbass modules with the L/R 212HT and have some feedback here.

And to top it all off I played with Audiolense XO this weekend and I'm really impressed with how well it integrates the speakers together. Better than my experience with Dirac in that regard (and I really liked Dirac overall).

After all the changes I made this weekend I found myself listening to a bunch of music and kept wanting to listen to more. I did not enjoy music listening as much with the U215s.

So far no regrets. I do wish I had the bottom end (<500hz) from the U215 and the top end of the 212HTs though.
dgage likes this.
post #28174 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Interesting but how does a 1080i/720p source look?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
Preliminary viewing of the Sony 500ES 4K projector on the Centerstage XD screen.

My initial reaction? Absolutely stunning pictures.

On HD projectors the XD material's weave is visible up to 10 feet or so, but it seems that when you use the 4K projector you can go much closer without seeing the weave.. I do not yet know how to explain this. I mean, a weave is a weave right? But my gut feeling is that the 'weave' we see may be a combination of 'pixel size + weave' rather than just 'weave'.

With the 4K projector, the image is silky smooth, baby bottom smooth... (enter your own analogy here).

When watching 3D, i can even walk up to my 10 feet wide screen and look right through it, like looking out a window. 3D has never been better (not even on the IMAX), as this projector on a 10 feet wide 0.9 gain screen is brighter than the image on the IMAX and with much better contrast and black levels. Space looks like absolute black... stars looks like stars...

Anyways, judge for yourself.. the image is taken about 9 feet away.. zoom in and see if you can see any weave. BTW: this pic was taken by my Samsung phone... the actual image is way smoother and much better colors...

BTW: This is an upscaled 1080p music video from a DTS demo track. Imagine what a 'real' 4K source would be like.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #28175 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
I just wanted to follow up on this now that I've had the 212HTs for a couple weeks.

I have also made small comments in various threads and my opinion hasn't changed much. Basically the 212HTs have more clarity in the mids and upper frequencies. This is a decent sized upgrade compared to the U215s. The 212s sound like they are smaller speakers. Oh and the midbass on the U215s was better.

I also just tested out some midbass modules with the L/R 212HT and have some feedback here.

And to top it all off I played with Audiolense XO this weekend and I'm really impressed with how well it integrates the speakers together. Better than my experience with Dirac in that regard (and I really liked Dirac overall).

After all the changes I made this weekend I found myself listening to a bunch of music and kept wanting to listen to more. I did not enjoy music listening as much with the U215s.

So far no regrets. I do wish I had the bottom end (<500hz) from the U215 and the top end of the 212HTs though.
Thanks for your impressions.

It sounds like you are both happy with the swap.
post #28176 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post

It's called the 215RT ... If you can fit em it's a one and done speaker ...
dwaleke likes this.

HToM

post #28177 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
It's called the 215RT ... If you can fit em it's a one and done speaker ...
I think my ultimate speaker would be the 215RM.

How high is the tweeter in the 215RT? Seems it would be quite a bit higher than ear height.
dgage likes this.
post #28178 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I think my ultimate speaker would be the 215RM.

How high is the tweeter in the 215RT? Seems it would be quite a bit higher than ear height.
It is approx 48" from the floor to the horn center. That is a little high but well within the the vertical dispersion of the speaker. I was a little concerned at first but now don't even think about it. The full range capability is the seal the deal feature for me.

HToM

post #28179 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Check out the Birdman soundtrack. Mostly all drumming and very dynamic. Was done by Antonio Sanchez who is apparently a Grammy winning jazz drummer.
post #28180 of 28183 Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Interesting but how does a 1080i/720p source look?
I tried a DVD 480.. it smoothens it, but i think it's way too low a res to do much with... it's hard to do a comparison because we're so used to HD now, looking back to 480 is just going too far back... especially when it's projected on a 10 feet wide screen.

As for 720p and 1080i, i haven't tried those out yet.. i do have some content in 720p, but not sure where to find 1080i content.. once i checked it out, will let u know...
RMK! likes this.
post #28181 of 28183 Unread Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Added the Bamboo Wall Lights. They provide a rustic, candle-lit ambient to the whole atmosphere. Each LED bulb is only 2 Watts, believe it or not... So, total power in the room, > 10,000 watts for Sound, and < 100 watts for lights.

post #28182 of 28183 Unread Today, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 220
post #28183 of 28183 Unread Today, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Very sweet CoolGeek!! Love the overall look.
Thanks DLBECK,

It's basically your cinema in a different skin...

I should say, 'Inspired by The Savoy'
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page