Official JTR speaker thread - Page 941 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #28201 of 28204 Unread Today, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
Added the Bamboo Wall Lights. They provide a rustic, candle-lit ambient to the whole atmosphere. Each LED bulb is only 2 Watts, believe it or not... So, total power in the room, > 10,000 watts for Sound, and < 100 watts for lights.

CG....what surrounds do you have? I love to woodwork and it appears by looking at the picture you have it angled and I'm assuming that's where your surrounds are. Really love to woodwork.

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28202 of 28204 Unread Today, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Very nice CoolGeek. Are you using single 8's? Also did you do Atmos speakers?
post #28203 of 28204 Unread Today, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 415
I am about to setup an Elite Screens AT screen this week and have a few questions about placement of my 212HT's.

The area the screen will be in is about 112 inches wide from a wall on the right to a door on the left. I will have 2 of my 4 Power Sound Audio Triax's behind the screen also. Each Triax is about 31 inches wide. Accounting for the Triax's, I have about 50 inches for my speakers. The speakers being 16.5 inches leaves me with less than an inch left over. It seems I may have a hard time towing in my speakers. I had planned on building 21 inch stands to put the 212HT's CD at about 41 inches which is my ear height when sitting up straight on my couch. Another thought I had is to put all of the 212's above the Triax's which are 23 inches tall. This will put the CD about 2-3 inches above my ear height but I could toe in as much as I would like. Will this matter at all? I will be sitting at least 15 feet away from the front of the screen.

I had planned on having it setup as 212-Triax-212-Triax-212. I could push both Triax's together in the middle of the screen and have the center sitting on top. In this scenario the center channels CD would be around 43-44 inches high. I would then have enough room to put my 212's on 20 inch stands as planned and can toe in as much as I would like.

Thanks
Ray

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
post #28204 of 28204 Unread Today, 01:51 PM
Tha Hz Curve

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I am about to setup an Elite Screens AT screen this week and have a few questions about placement of my 212HT's.

The area the screen will be in is about 112 inches wide from a wall on the right to a door on the left. I will have 2 of my 4 Power Sound Audio Triax's behind the screen also. Each Triax is about 31 inches wide. Accounting for the Triax's, I have about 50 inches for my speakers. The speakers being 16.5 inches leaves me with less than an inch left over. It seems I may have a hard time towing in my speakers. I had planned on building 21 inch stands to put the 212HT's CD at about 41 inches which is my ear height when sitting up straight on my couch. Another thought I had is to put all of the 212's above the Triax's which are 23 inches tall. This will put the CD about 2-3 inches above my ear height but I could toe in as much as I would like. Will this matter at all? I will be sitting at least 15 feet away from the front of the screen.

I had planned on having it setup as 212-Triax-212-Triax-212. I could push both Triax's together in the middle of the screen and have the center sitting on top. In this scenario the center channels CD would be around 43-44 inches high. I would then have enough room to put my 212's on 20 inch stands as planned and can toe in as much as I would like.

Thanks
Ray
Ray,

Having the CD's a couple inches above ear height will not be a problem at all. I would opt to have all three speakers at the same exact height before I would worry about anything else. Putting the 212's on top of the triaxes and gives you a little more flexibility anyways. You may find that the response is better with the combo a little ways in from the side wall, or perhaps better right up against the side wall. Doing this configuration will allow the ability to experiment a little with what sounds best to you.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page