Official JTR speaker thread - Page 943 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #28261 of 28266 Unread Today, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Don't be shy, what have you demoed so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I've been demo'ing speakers for my 2 channel setup of late, and while I'm enjoying what I'm hearing and trying to figure out how I can win the lotto, one thing is a constant reminder that I realized before I invested and with every new speaker I review...JTR offers more value than what they sell for hands down. I realize how redundant that sounds to many on this thread, but when I'm hearing speakers selling for 10k-30k, the 'single-digit' difference reminds me what a bargain I got for my HT room...and I ask myself why do I even need a 2 channel setup??...it's just the rabbit hole syndrome of this so called 'hobby' I suppose.

And is it strange that sometimes I miss the horn sound during my demos?...now I want to find some Acapellas to hear
What have you heard so far? I'm on a similar journey looking for the ultimate 2 channel setup for my family room. But, it needs to have the output of an HT setup. I've been through Revel Studio 2, Legacy Focus SE and currently have Seaton Cats with full range and also brought up 2 18" CHT subs.

I'm pretty content right now but can't help but wonder if JBL M2's would be a better choice? Or, go the opposite direction, save some $$ and check out the Goldenear Triton 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28262 of 28266 Unread Today, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Don't be shy, what have you demoed so far?
Recently just heard some Sonus Faber for the first time and compared them to the 802 diamonds side by side at my local bb magnolia. I was impressed how good even the SF bookshelf version sounded...almost as good as their floorstanding version...dynamic and wall of sound...and I'm talking about the bookshelf. Would have been nice to hear some Revels at the same time, but I'll just have to go elsewhere...those are next.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS

Last edited by asoofi1; Today at 01:47 PM.
post #28263 of 28266 Unread Today, 01:45 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
I've been demo'ing speakers for my 2 channel setup of late, and while I'm enjoying what I'm hearing and trying to figure out how I can win the lotto, one thing is a constant reminder that I realized before I invested and with every new speaker I review...JTR offers more value than what they sell for hands down. I realize how redundant that sounds to many on this thread, but when I'm hearing speakers selling for 10k-30k, the 'single-digit' difference reminds me what a bargain I got for my HT room...and I ask myself why do I even need a 2 channel setup??...it's just the rabbit hole syndrome of this so called 'hobby' I suppose.

And is it strange that sometimes I miss the horn sound during my demos?...now I want to find some Acapellas to hear
+1 but , these new object and multi-channel layered surround sound formats make M/C music listening an amazing "in the concert hall" experience that stereo simply can't replicate. Spending the money on a really good timbre matched (7.1.4 or 5.1.4) surround sound setup might yield the best long term music satisfaction. That said, demoing is fun and it's good to hear whats out there.

Suggestion, do not buy audiophile speakers new. Buy used and let someone else take the big depreciation hit.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #28264 of 28266 Unread Today, 01:52 PM
Tha Hz Curve

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1109
Quote:
Recently just heard some Sonus Faber for the first time and compared them to the 802 diamonds side by side at my local bb magnolia. I was impressed how good even the SF bookshelf version sounded...almost as good as their floorstanding version...dynamic and wall of sound...and I'm talking about the bookshelf. Would have been nice to hear some Revels at the same time, but I'll just have to go elsewhere...those are next.
Were you at the Blind g2g at Rillas. I don't remember. Rick Craig's Gamechangers were VERY impressive. You want:

http://www.selahaudio.com/index/#/arrays/

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #28265 of 28266 Unread Today, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Were you at the Blind g2g at Rillas. I don't remember. Rick Craig's Gamechangers were VERY impressive. You want:

No, he was at Austin's the night before but not at the GTG.
post #28266 of 28266 Unread Today, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
HDMI bitstream the audio from the Bluray player to the AVR/SSP. The processor decodes the Atmos/Auro. Atmos/Auro capable processors also use DSU (Dolby Surround Upmixing) and Auro-matic (Auro 3D) to bring standard Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA content to the height speakers. Using either, you get a much more immersive surround sound experience.

In a world where speaker upgrades provide only single digit improvements in SQ, these object and layered channel based technologies bump the experience up in a more dramatic fashion. I know I sound like a commercial but for those of us with dedicated rooms who prize HT audio, this is a big deal IMHO.
Quote:

They are not considered full range speakers are they?

Another speaker I have looked at for years is Totem! I just seen the Totem thread bumped. I heard lots of good things about them. I heard the little ones are amazing.
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page