Official JTR speaker thread - Page 952 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2015, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
The 215 is less sensitive than the 212. 95db vs 101db. I've never heard the 212's but I have 215's and they can play darn loud.
They also have different XO so that has to account for something.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; 03-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.
countryWV is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
They also have different XO so that has to account for something.
I would agree with that and the difference in horns.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
See my post up above about the moving sale. Jeff posted it on the JTR site

Some people have heard both the 212 and 215 in the same room. Not sure giving up top end treble is the right term as they might extend to the same frequency but they don't sound identical by many account from 500HZ on up. Is it the waveguide size...the old metal horn on the 212....the cabinet size...mysterious AVS elfs...nobody knows
Pretty much my thoughts along with the crossover.

And we are talking slightly different but definitely in the same family. My aluminum horn 212 sounded a little brighter and the wood horn 215 sounded a little more laid back but still with the same level of detail. And by brighter, I don't mean fatiguing, my 212s are not fatiguing to me at all. By that point, I was used to the sound out of my 212s and preferred it over the 215 (but that 215RM midbass...oh that midbass) but if you weren't used to either, the 215 wouldn't dissappoint. Speakers are personal preference so even though I prefer the 212s and I know a few other do as well, I'm sure there are several that have heard both that like the 215. Really its like a Porsche or a Ferrari, I'd be ecstatic to have either but I'd prefer a Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid Executive (or whatever the hell that model is now).
dgage is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
dragonleepenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 46
SSSHHHHH..RMK hide the pot...dad is home!!!!



BTW, anybody in the market for new JTR speakers...might be a good time to call up Jeff (limited supply sale items in link below):

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.co...istory-7350054

Yeah! "Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,somebody spoke and I went into a dream"........
....................."I read the news today oh boy".......
"John Lennon,Paul McCartney 1967"
PeterV
countryWV likes this.

Last edited by dragonleepenn; 03-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.
dragonleepenn is online now  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Moving sale is tempting…ppl on the fence should jump now
I jumped off the fence and finally got my 215RM center!!
Nabs17, carp, asoofi1 and 1 others like this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I jumped off the fence and finally got my 215RM center!!
Congrats Reef.....

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I did not see any 212 version on the sale list
Swolephile is online now  
Old 03-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,498
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
SSSHHHHH..RMK hide the pot...dad is home!!!!



BTW, anybody in the market for new JTR speakers...might be a good time to call up Jeff (limited supply sale items in link below):

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.co...istory-7350054

9x Noesis 210RM $2299 - 20% = $1839 + shipping
6x Single 8HT $999 - 20% = $799 + shippping
6x Slanted 8HT $999 - 20% = $799 + shippping
4x Single 8HT-lp $999 - 20% = $799 + shippping
1x Noesis 215RT $3499 - 20% = $2799
4x Noesis 215RM $2999 - 20% = $2399
1x Orbit Shifter LFU $3299 - 20% = $2639
2x Captivator S2 $3299 - 20% = $2639
2x Noesis 228HT $1299 - 20% = $1039
5x Noesis 3TX $2299 - 20% = $1839
"The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get"

Joe Walsh 1973


HToM

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 03:49 AM
Member
 
Scott27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone installed the 228HT's in a baffle wall, thinking of doing this for my rumpus room/come home theatre room? Just wondering if this is something they are suited to, and if so, any tips for installation/build?
Scott27 is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
I did not see any 212 version on the sale list
He has a hard time keeping the 212HT n stock. I ordered another one on Feb 20. It is scheduled to be delivered today.
Frohlich and lbrown105 like this.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
countryWV is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 422
I thought some here might be interested in seeing one of my HTPC's with a myriad of HDMI inputs (supporting up to 4K) and outputs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.png
Views:	368
Size:	872.1 KB
ID:	629969  
desertdome is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Cool DesertDome...and thanks. What cards are those?
dgage is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I thought some here might be interested in seeing one of my HTPC's with a myriad of HDMI inputs (supporting up to 4K) and outputs.

How are you able to make it work with other sources? What is the interface? Are you using JRiver? What do you think of that compared to a prepro?
rcohen is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I thought some here might be interested in seeing one of my HTPC's with a myriad of HDMI inputs (supporting up to 4K) and outputs.

Don't tease us...give us some details. Which HDMI input cards are you using, what sources are you routing through the HTPC? I am getting ready to do something like this with my current HTPC so I can route everything through JRiver MC and use Dirac Live software for room correction.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

HTPCat is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:15 AM
The Truth Hz
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,920
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Liked: 1224
The fact that I see this and have no idea how I would make any of that work just makes me happier with my 7702....for the time being.
dgage and asoofi1 like this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
The fact that I see this and have no idea how I would make any of that work just makes me happier with my 7702....for the time being.
You can still use your 7702, but instead of Audyssey or manual EQ you can use Dirac Live, Acourate or Audiolense for DRC while routing all sources initially through the PC and then on to the 7702 with Audyssey turned off. Not sure though if there is a solution for Atmos or Auro systems

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

HTPCat is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Cool DesertDome...and thanks. What cards are those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
How are you able to make it work with other sources? What is the interface? Are you using JRiver? What do you think of that compared to a prepro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
Don't tease us...give us some details. Which HDMI input cards are you using, what sources are you routing through the HTPC? I am getting ready to do something like this with my current HTPC so I can route everything through JRiver MC and use Dirac Live software for room correction.
The cards are from HDFury and Blackmagic Design plus an MSI GTX 960 graphics card (HDMI 2.0). I'm still in the process of testing. HDFury messed up on their programming and is sending replacement cards soon. JRiver works with capture cards and is working on supporting the Blackmagic cards. These only have a latency of 1-2 frames which is sufficient for use with a PS3 or XBox.

The goal is to be able to connect Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, XBox, PS3, set top box/DVR etc. to the HTPC and play through JRiver with tablet/phone control. One would use the native apps for the various input devices. This allows one to leverage the advanced DSP of JRiver and use room correction like Audiolense, Accourate, or Dirac Live for all sources.

I'm still uncertain about how the Blackmagic capture cards will deal with DD or DD+, the primary audio formats used by the latest HDMI sticks like Chromecast. JRiver can decode so its just a question if it passes through.

dlbeck already uses HDMI input with a Hauppauge Colossus card and his DirectTV DVR. He uses the DirecTV app for controlling playback through JRiver to his 14 channel system. You can't do that with anything on the market except for Trinnov or Datasat and those don't support the automatic EQ switching like JRiver. $2500-$4000 for a complete audio/video system vs $19,000+. Hauppauge is releasing the Colossus 2 card in April. I hope to check it out, too.
desertdome is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Hauppauge is releasing the Colossus 2 card in April. I hope to check it out, too.
I know what I'm getting now...thanks DD!
dgage is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
The Truth Hz
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,920
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Liked: 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
You can still use your 7702, but instead of Audyssey or manual EQ you can use Dirac Live, Acourate or Audiolense for DRC while routing all sources initially through the PC and then on to the 7702 with Audyssey turned off. Not sure though if there is a solution for Atmos or Auro systems
Therein lies the problem
RMK! likes this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I thought some here might be interested in seeing one of my HTPC's with a myriad of HDMI inputs (supporting up to 4K) and outputs.


I am not a computer guy at all however I love the idea of the HTPC and is certainly on the back burner. I will talk with you in KC about it if we find some time.

---
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I am not a computer guy at all however I love the idea of the HTPC and is certainly on the back burner. I will talk with you in KC about it if we find some time.

---
I've been using a htpc for over a decade now and still love it. I just use it as a cable box (ceton Infinitv 6) and a media streamer with XBMC and Media Browser. That being said, I know that there is still so much more that it can do. i have to look into J. River at some point and the thought of using it a s a pre/pro fascinates me.

hogues is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 126
HDMI input is the missing link to HTPC as a pre-pro. The blackmagic card is a low latency solution compared to some other HDMI capture solutions.

This is all pretty new and is still being worked out.

More information here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92243
hogues likes this.
dwaleke is offline  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I am not a computer guy at all however I love the idea of the HTPC and is certainly on the back burner. I will talk with you in KC about it if we find some time.

---
I've been using a htpc for over a decade now and still love it. I just use it as a cable box (ceton Infinitv 6) and a media streamer with XBMC and Media Browser. That being said, I know that there is still so much more that it can do. i have to look into J. River at some point and the thought of using it a s a pre/pro fascinates me.
XBMC wins for sexiest GUI, but JRiver blows it away for audio and video quality, library management, and flexibility. JRiver's Rapier Fusion theme is pretty good, anyway. After switching from XBMC to JRiver, no way I could live without the other JRiber stuff just for XBMC's GUI.
rcohen is online now  
Old 03-27-2015, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DotJun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,221
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I checked out jriver last night, but I couldn't find documentation for setup so I gave up and went back to mediaportal.

I did finally figure out how to add a selectable menu item for theater view. What I couldn't figure out though was how to assign specific files for specific views and how to provide parental lock for specific files.

I also finally got around to checking out the Dirac option from minidsp. I was disappointed to find out it will not bitstream. Anyone know of a Dirac solution that lets you bitstream?
DotJun is offline  
Old 03-28-2015, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
I checked out jriver last night, but I couldn't find documentation for setup so I gave up and went back to mediaportal.

I did finally figure out how to add a selectable menu item for theater view. What I couldn't figure out though was how to assign specific files for specific views and how to provide parental lock for specific files.

I also finally got around to checking out the Dirac option from minidsp. I was disappointed to find out it will not bitstream. Anyone know of a Dirac solution that lets you bitstream?
A Datasat or XMC-1 will accept bitstream.

Otherwise, just set the option in JRiver to convert bitstream to PCM. Like I said, JRiver is crazy flexible.

It takes a little bit to understand the basics of JRiver's library management, but once you get it, you realize that it's tons more efficient than XBMC if you have big library. It's worth the effort. It will save you tons of time in the long run.

Are you looking for this?
Right-click on a view, Customize view - Settings - Included files - Set rules for file display

I don't know if it does parental control stuff, though. I haven't tried that.

Last edited by rcohen; 03-28-2015 at 01:05 AM.
rcohen is online now  
Old 03-28-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,144
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 421
I have a bit of a funny story. So, I've got a buddy with a set of 212's and a set of Totem Element Earth (very nice speakers)
So he's been looking for an amp, both speakers are in the same room, he uses the JTR's for HT and the Totems for 2 channel music. We were flipping through both of them last night and A/B'ing them a bit for fun as he just got a new bryston 4b amp and I brought over my Ncore modules to try out on the Totems and the 212's for fun.
After some messing around we gave his wife the control to switch the amp on the totems and 212's. I really couldn't hear much difference on either amp with either speaker but my friend Danny was going on and on about how different they were sounding etc. We did this for a hour or so. At the end it turned out that his wife was not switching the amps correctly and the Ncore was used the entire time, she was pretty much just shutting it off and on LOL I almost died laughing when we found out what was going on as Danny now looked pretty silly, even his kids were giving him a hard time (he's 49)

Keep in mind we were only listening at about 90dB at the loudest..... but it was pretty funny. I have to admit the totems were really good sounding, he just got them a month ago or so and was my first time having a listen. I could easily listen to them for music and be extremely happy. We didn't do any HT with them though.

Now, I don't usually hear much differences in amps anyways (if any) but once we did it correctly, the only real difference I could hear was the low end of the bryston had a 1dB measurable advantage under 30hz for some reason. I don't know why, they were identical over 30hz but we couldn't get them to be the same under that. Nice amp but a total waste of money IMO lol
dgage, asoofi1 and MiniHT like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
Old 03-28-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,562
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I have a bit of a funny story. So, I've got a buddy with a set of 212's and a set of Totem Element Earth (very nice speakers)
So he's been looking for an amp, both speakers are in the same room, he uses the JTR's for HT and the Totems for 2 channel music. We were flipping through both of them last night and A/B'ing them a bit for fun as he just got a new bryston 4b amp and I brought over my Ncore modules to try out on the Totems and the 212's for fun.
After some messing around we gave his wife the control to switch the amp on the totems and 212's. I really couldn't hear much difference on either amp with either speaker but my friend Danny was going on and on about how different they were sounding etc. We did this for a hour or so. At the end it turned out that his wife was not switching the amps correctly and the Ncore was used the entire time, she was pretty much just shutting it off and on LOL I almost died laughing when we found out what was going on as Danny now looked pretty silly, even his kids were giving him a hard time (he's 49)

Keep in mind we were only listening at about 90dB at the loudest..... but it was pretty funny. I have to admit the totems were really good sounding, he just got them a month ago or so and was my first time having a listen. I could easily listen to them for music and be extremely happy. We didn't do any HT with them though.

Now, I don't usually hear much differences in amps anyways (if any) but once we did it correctly, the only real difference I could hear was the low end of the bryston had a 1dB measurable advantage under 30hz for some reason. I don't know why, they were identical over 30hz but we couldn't get them to be the same under that. Nice amp but a total waste of money IMO lol
Thats great!! However sounds like a man after my own heart. I will eventually get my 2 channel speakers for music and Totem is in my top five.

On a similar note, I was watching a TV show years ago and I forget what it was, but it was a hidden video with people wine tasting and picking the best wine. The catch was it was all the same wine. They filled glasses A,B and C with the same bottle of wine. The so called "wine experts" all had a different opinion for each glass they tasted and the words the used to describe what they were tasting for each glass was so funny, not to mention the faces and mouth expressions to taste the wine. Nothing was better than when they told them it was all the same wine I wish I could find that video because I would love to see it again. Just goes to show how that most people have no idea what they are talking about LOL. Much like wine and speakers, you gotta taste it for yourself.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
XBMC wins for sexiest GUI, but JRiver blows it away for audio and video quality, library management, and flexibility. JRiver's Rapier Fusion theme is pretty good, anyway. After switching from XBMC to JRiver, no way I could live without the other JRiber stuff just for XBMC's GUI.
I'm going to check it out. have you tried using xbmc with media browser as the back end? its much better than plain xbmc.

hogues is offline  
Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DotJun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,221
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
A Datasat or XMC-1 will accept bitstream.

Otherwise, just set the option in JRiver to convert bitstream to PCM. Like I said, JRiver is crazy flexible.

It takes a little bit to understand the basics of JRiver's library management, but once you get it, you realize that it's tons more efficient than XBMC if you have big library. It's worth the effort. It will save you tons of time in the long run.

Are you looking for this?
Right-click on a view, Customize view - Settings - Included files - Set rules for file display

I don't know if it does parental control stuff, though. I haven't tried that.

I'm looking to bitstream. I would just transcode to PCM or flac if that was what I wanted [emoji4] I was told the emotiva didn't allow custom curves though, only corrected to a flat setting?

I figured out how to add files to groups but the parental lock eludes me. I need there to be different selectable groups where whole groups could be locked and/or seperate files could be locked. That's what I have right now with mediaportal and it's hard to let it go.
DotJun is offline  
Old 03-28-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
I'm looking to bitstream. I would just transcode to PCM or flac if that was what I wanted [emoji4] I was told the emotiva didn't allow custom curves though, only corrected to a flat setting?

I figured out how to add files to groups but the parental lock eludes me. I need there to be different selectable groups where whole groups could be locked and/or seperate files could be locked. That's what I have right now with mediaportal and it's hard to let it go.
Emotiva just released full Dirac with custom target curves for a $99 upgrade. As far as I'm concerned, the custom target curves are essential.

No idea about parental lock. Maybe post on the JRiver forums?
I haven't tried Mediaportal.
rcohen is online now  
 

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off