Official JTR speaker thread - Page 955 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #28621 of 28637 Old Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Wish the 210rt could work aesthetically in my family room
I think they could! You have a contemporary look. See what Jeff could do as far as a veneer. I think the automotive finish would look good in your family room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28622 of 28637 Old Today, 05:46 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
I've haven't heard any other of the JTR speakers. Though just read good things about most of em. And there's no doubt the 210's are outstanding speakers too. Jeff really knows his stuff.
On a side note.. I just watched Intersteller with the family this evening. This movie with a great sound track just pushes the the dynamics of the front stage. Just huge. And the bass? Lots of it! Really, really pressurized the room. Then, I got that nauseated feeling again. Thought was just all in my mind. But my wife and daughter felt sick too. I had to turn it down a few dbs. My teenage boy is the only one didn't feel sick. I still cant explain why.. Good movie though..
It's an inner ear thing like car and sea sickness and I am sensitive to those low frequencies too. Your son is just lucky.

Looking forward to Intersteller. :-)

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #28623 of 28637 Old Today, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The new Captivator 1400 with the $1,599 pre-order price has me interested. What are the thoughts on a pair of these to go along with a Captivator S2?

My thinking would be using the (2) Cap 1400s as stands for my left and right speakers. I'm not sure if my room can handle that much bass though (at about 10' x 12' x 8' on a suspended wood floor). The front wall would consist of (3) 228HTs, (1) Cap S2, and (2) Cap 1400s.

Would the ported vs. sealed cause any issues? Maybe run the S2 from 0-60 Hz and the 1400s from 30-100 Hz?

Video - Panasonic VT50 55" | Panasonic BDT320
AVR - Denon X4000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350
Speakers - JTR Noesis 228HT | DIY Sound Group Volt V10 | JTR Captivator S2
post #28624 of 28637 Old Today, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Wish the 210rt could work aesthetically in my family room

A pair of Ferrari red 210s to match the one in the driveway would look great in your living room!
asoofi1 likes this.
post #28625 of 28637 Old Today, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
A pair of Ferrari red 210s to match the one in the driveway would look great in your living room!
Ha...I'd go straight to the 215rt if Ferrari red is involved

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #28626 of 28637 Old Today, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
I've haven't heard any other of the JTR speakers. Though just read good things about most of em. And there's no doubt the 210's are outstanding speakers too. Jeff really knows his stuff.
On a side note.. I just watched Intersteller with the family this evening. This movie with a great sound track just pushes the the dynamics of the front stage. Just huge. And the bass? Lots of it! Really, really pressurized the room. Then, I got that nauseated feeling again. Thought was just all in my mind. But my wife and daughter felt sick too. I had to turn it down a few dbs. My teenage boy is the only one didn't feel sick. I still cant explain why.. Good movie though..
You inadvertently created an LRAD:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
post #28627 of 28637 Old Today, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Gonna have to second rhed's comments on Interstellar, it was a great movie and the sound was fantastic. As he said the bass was great but also the surround envelopment was "stellar". Highly recommend this movie to all the JTR collective.

Can't comment on his getting sick....I don't have 4 S2's.
asoofi1 likes this.

Nabs17

Last edited by Nabs17; Today at 07:20 AM.
post #28628 of 28637 Old Today, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I am having a viewing party this weekend...I can hardly wait. Only thing turning me off is that aspect ratio changes throughout and not constant.

I've read ppl saying the movie has 20hz notes that last 30+ seconds at a time...perhaps these longer lows could make someone nauseated with a setup like yours.
Frohlich likes this.

gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #28629 of 28637 Old Today, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Ha...I'd go straight to the 215rt if Ferrari red is involved

Only adds an exta $1k. My personal set of 215RT is in the lamborghini black.
post #28630 of 28637 Old Today, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
It's an inner ear thing like car and sea sickness and I am sensitive to those low frequencies too. Your son is just lucky.

Looking forward to Intersteller. :-)
Look forward to hearing how auromatic performs with this 5.1 mix...I expect it to be nothing short of amazing in your room.

post #28631 of 28637 Old Today, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
I am having a viewing party this weekend...I can hardly wait. Only thing turning me off is that aspect ratio changes throughout and not constant.

I've read ppl saying the movie has 20hz notes that last 30+ seconds at a time...perhaps these longer lows could make someone nauseated with a setup like yours.
Me too. Playing golf with my two brother's in law and father in law. Then we are all heading back to my house to watch Interstellar, drink more beer and eat Pizza...the perfect "guys" day
asoofi1 likes this.
post #28632 of 28637 Old Today, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
Only adds an exta $1k. My personal set of 215RT is in the lamborghini black.
This post is useless without multiple pics Jeff
Nabs17 and cmryan821 like this.

post #28633 of 28637 Old Today, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

I didn't notice the aspect ratio changes but my son did because he asked during the movie if it was changing but (again) it wasn't distracting to me.

Nabs17
post #28634 of 28637 Old Today, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Clearly, I'm terrible at taking pictures so here are some links of other peoples pictures:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php...631#msg1366631

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post963457
post #28635 of 28637 Old Today, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Here they are at RMAF 2014.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	215RT.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	639305  
post #28636 of 28637 Old Today, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I didn't notice the aspect ratio changes but my son did because he asked during the movie if it was changing but (again) it wasn't distracting to me.
Since I have a 2.35 screen, the spill will be noticeable if I max it. Thankfully my zoomed in 16.9 size is still around 130", so I'll live with it until I can rip the bluray in a constant aspect ratio. #FirstWorldProblems #ThanksNolan

post #28637 of 28637 Unread Today, 08:10 AM
Tha Hz Curve

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I went away from it for a couple months and just used google play, which I really like. Google Play is just like Spotify as far as catalog size but the radio has way more variety.

I ditched Tidal because Tim @stitch1 and I did a blind test between google play and Tidal and I couldn't tell the difference with immediate switching.

However, I went back to Tidal a couple weeks ago just to try it again. I swear that over LONG listening sessions it does make a difference. With Google Play it still sounds great and doesn't get harsh but I can walk away. With Tidal it's hard to make myself turn it off and go to sleep.

Like anything it could be placebo, but it could be that people are on to something when they say your ears won't notice immediate differences but your brain will over long periods of time.

Who knows.. either way Tidal is great but I'm still going to use Google Play for the much larger amount of artists and great radio.

30 bucks a month for basically any song I would ever want is pretty crazy cheap when you think about how things were when we were growing up!!
No kidding. I was talking to a friend last night about it. He was bewildered that ANYONE would pay $20/month for a streaming service. Once I asked him how much his Directv bill was, and how many channels of that he actually watched, he shut up....

Quote:

That track starts rolling fast at 30hz. Still decent 20hz material, but below that there is virtually nothin'. Clipped all to heck, and mixed LOUD. Regardless, I don't think I can wait till this weekend to watch it, perhaps it will be tonight....

Quote:
Look forward to hearing how auromatic performs with this 5.1 mix...I expect it to be nothing short of amazing in your room.
mmhmm yep. Perhaps I will have to spin it once with DSU and once with Auromatic

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page