Official JTR speaker thread - Page 955 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2452Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #28621 of 28626 Unread Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,531
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Wish the 210rt could work aesthetically in my family room
I think they could! You have a contemporary look. See what Jeff could do as far as a veneer. I think the automotive finish would look good in your family room.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #28622 of 28626 Unread Today, 05:46 AM
SeƱor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,426
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
I've haven't heard any other of the JTR speakers. Though just read good things about most of em. And there's no doubt the 210's are outstanding speakers too. Jeff really knows his stuff.
On a side note.. I just watched Intersteller with the family this evening. This movie with a great sound track just pushes the the dynamics of the front stage. Just huge. And the bass? Lots of it! Really, really pressurized the room. Then, I got that nauseated feeling again. Thought was just all in my mind. But my wife and daughter felt sick too. I had to turn it down a few dbs. My teenage boy is the only one didn't feel sick. I still cant explain why.. Good movie though..
It's an inner ear thing like car and sea sickness and I am sensitive to those low frequencies too. Your son is just lucky.

Looking forward to Intersteller. :-)

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #28623 of 28626 Unread Today, 05:58 AM
Member
 
emr25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The new Captivator 1400 with the $1,599 pre-order price has me interested. What are the thoughts on a pair of these to go along with a Captivator S2?

My thinking would be using the (2) Cap 1400s as stands for my left and right speakers. I'm not sure if my room can handle that much bass though (at about 10' x 12' x 8' on a suspended wood floor). The front wall would consist of (3) 228HTs, (1) Cap S2, and (2) Cap 1400s.

Would the ported vs. sealed cause any issues? Maybe run the S2 from 0-60 Hz and the 1400s from 30-100 Hz?

Video - Panasonic VT50 55" | Panasonic BDT320
AVR - Denon X4000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350
Speakers - JTR Noesis 228HT | DIY Sound Group Volt V10 | JTR Captivator S2
emr25 is online now  
post #28624 of 28626 Unread Today, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DotJun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Wish the 210rt could work aesthetically in my family room

A pair of Ferrari red 210s to match the one in the driveway would look great in your living room!
DotJun is online now  
post #28625 of 28626 Unread Today, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,234
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
A pair of Ferrari red 210s to match the one in the driveway would look great in your living room!
Ha...I'd go straight to the 215rt if Ferrari red is involved

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #28626 of 28626 Unread Today, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,733
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
I've haven't heard any other of the JTR speakers. Though just read good things about most of em. And there's no doubt the 210's are outstanding speakers too. Jeff really knows his stuff.
On a side note.. I just watched Intersteller with the family this evening. This movie with a great sound track just pushes the the dynamics of the front stage. Just huge. And the bass? Lots of it! Really, really pressurized the room. Then, I got that nauseated feeling again. Thought was just all in my mind. But my wife and daughter felt sick too. I had to turn it down a few dbs. My teenage boy is the only one didn't feel sick. I still cant explain why.. Good movie though..
You inadvertently created an LRAD:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
rcohen is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off