Official JTR speaker thread - Page 964 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #28891 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Liked: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Yep, I got the foil inlay upgrade ... maybe I should've asked for $1.5M

I saw some joker on ebay was asking $795 for the Dolby Atmos Demo Disk
Wha???? I dropped a cool g-unit on my demo disc, and it was a burned copy! I thought that is what they were going for!

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28892 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Yep, I got the foil inlay upgrade ... maybe I should've asked for $1.5M

I saw some joker on ebay was asking $795 for the Dolby Atmos Demo Disk
1M or 1.5M....I would feel like I'm ripping you off...I'd feel too bad.

Nabs17
post #28893 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Wha???? I dropped a cool g-unit on my demo disc, and it was a burned copy! I thought that is what they were going for!
Well, Bailando is a very cool music video ... was a "date" with the girl in the red dress included with your purchase?

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #28894 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Yep, I was right in assuming Rob could take sdurani in the streets and spank him. He already did the same on avs today
I had to hold myself back several times from calling him out for trolling again

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #28895 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Yep, I was right in assuming Rob could take sdurani in the streets and spank him. He already did the same on avs today
Lol.. You must have eaten to many fruits today.. I mean come on, you couldn't see how nice Robs HT room is besides how tall he is? I mean should I take the pictures down before you start tossing things? Don't want you to look at me in a funny way too cause I don't swing that way.. Sorry!.. Lol...

Last edited by rhed; Yesterday at 08:09 PM.
post #28896 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Lance.. You definitely have to hear his ATMOS Auro 3D setup. Funny as soon as I came back home. And played some demo clips with my system.. My surrounds sounds, well, so outdated now after hearing Robs.. lol..
rhed that was cool u got a chance to hear Robs system, I am afraid for my bank account if I come hear that setup

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #28897 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
rhed that was cool u got a chance to hear Robs system, I am afraid for my bank account if I come hear that setup
Yea.. ATMOS is well worth it. Btw, I'm definately going up to 2016 Axpona show next year.. Funny, Axpona registration called to see if I forgot to sign up this year.. And told them will not be attending. And yes for 2016. Curious to what setup Jeff will put up next year.
post #28898 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Yea.. ATMOS is well worth it. Btw, I'm definately going up to 2016 Axpona show next year.. Funny, Axpona registration called to see if I forgot to sign up this year.. And told them will not be attending. And yes for 2016. Curious to what setup Jeff will put up next year.
How about RMAF?
post #28899 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
How about RMAF?
For this year? When is it?
post #28900 of 28915 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
For this year? When is it?
https://www.audiofest.net

Jeff will be there
post #28901 of 28915 Old Today, 06:28 AM
The Truth Hz

Quote:
Well, Bailando is a very cool music video ... was a "date" with the girl in the red dress included with your purchase?
Haha, actually, she was wearing a black dress, and the date went quite well...

Quote:
Lol.. You must have eaten to many fruits today.. I mean come on, you couldn't see how nice Robs HT room is besides how tall he is? I mean should I take the pictures down before you start tossing things? Don't want you to look at me in a funny way too cause I don't swing that way.. Sorry!.. Lol...
Fruits? nope. I am a man. I eat steak and weaker men's souls on a daily basis. Be careful where you tread sir

I have seen Rob's incredible theater in the HToM as well as all the updates he usually shares here on the JTR thread. I know it well. Probably better than I should having never even set foot in the state of California (thank god). Ok just kidding again..... Well not really. Any state that can elect Arnold to an official government position is on something I have never heard of before....

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #28902 of 28915 Old Today, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Any state that can elect Arnold to an official government position is on something I have never heard of before....
Three of the actors from Predator ran from Governor - two were elected.
Sonny Landham - ran for Governor of Kentucky in 2003
Jesse Ventura - Governor of Minnesota from 1999-2003
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Governor of California from 2003-2011
dgage and RMK! like this.
post #28903 of 28915 Old Today, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Three of the actors from Predator ran from Governor - two were elected.
Sonny Landham - ran for Governor of Kentucky in 2003
Jesse Ventura - Governor of Minnesota from 1999-2003
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Governor of California from 2003-2011
Scariest post ever!

post #28904 of 28915 Old Today, 07:49 AM
Señor Member

Quote:

Fruits? nope. I am a man. I eat steak and weaker men's souls on a daily basis. Be careful where you tread sir

I have seen Rob's incredible theater in the HToM as well as all the updates he usually shares here on the JTR thread. I know it well. Probably better than I should having never even set foot in the state of California (thank god). Ok just kidding again..... Well not really. Any state that can elect Arnold to an official government position is on something I have never heard of before....
Thanks for the nice comments on the HT and for tearing down the State of my birth . Glad you have found peace and contentment in NC and like Home Theaters, to each his own. To me, my room isn't really an incredible HT like dbecks or doublewings or even that "high end" system in Detroit "Le Petit Trianon". My room is very much an ultra amateur self-built movie room with mismatched furniture, random acoustical treatments and average (at best) video quality. Thanks to that humble, hard working guy from Chicago, it has better (ok much better ) than average audio quality and quantity (in that order).

I started out in this hobby due to some unusual life circumstances that required me to be home more than most my age and so the HT became a way to fill that time. It has turned into a bit of an obsession fueled by this Forum and specifically this Thread. I have met some interesting and very nice people along the way and that has added to my enjoyment of the hobby. It's hard to find time to talk to people and it is even harder to find people with common interests. I consider many of you here friends and we share the hobby as common ground despite our geographic and socio-economic differences. Sorry for the OT musings but I just wanted to acknowledge that it is nice to stop in the thread and read your comments and goings on. A nice diversion and one I look forward to each day.

I did a re-read of this and made a couple of changes. It does sound very "California" in tone and my inner New Yorker finds that disturbing.
kma100 likes this.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; Today at 02:28 PM.
post #28905 of 28915 Old Today, 08:10 AM
The Truth Hz

I couldn't agree more with your "musings." I don't feel like I found AVS, I feel like it found me......Haha. It opened up possibilities that I never knew I had, and long ago when the budget was much smaller, AVS was all it took to vault me into the HT space. Ah the good ole days when I remember my thinking, "Well beast, you just bought this house, and you only have one TV, so go buy another one." That thinking molded into "Well maybe a projector would be even cheaper than another big screen TV." Boy was I ever wrong......haha. The first projector yes, was cheaper, but all things since then? Good lord I don't even want to think about it.

And no, I had no intentions to berate your state of domicile. I am very rarely serious in my comments on AVS, and that whole post was just me foolin' around I think you knew that tho.... I honestly turn the mirror to myself and look at all the crap-ola my own state is dealing with and feel truly embarrassed at times to embrace the fact I pay taxes here.... Indeed, to each his own.
RMK! likes this.

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #28906 of 28915 Old Today, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok all kiddn aside.. . Yes, Robs HT is beautifully done. And how well every thing is put in place. I still can't get that ATMOS demo out of my mind. I can't replicate it with my HT. No matter how much I try to convince myself I don't need ATMOS. Seems like I'm missing something in my setup now. Also all the room gain he has in the bass coming from the 215's. Lots off bass but very accurately controlled.. Nice..
post #28907 of 28915 Old Today, 08:29 AM
Señor Member

Quote:
Ok all kiddn aside.. . Yes, Robs HT is beautifully done. And how well every thing is put in place. I still can't get that ATMOS demo out of my mind. I can't replicate it with my HT. No matter how much I try to convince myself I don't need ATMOS. Seems like I'm missing something in my setup now. Also all the room gain he has in the bass coming from the 215's. Lots off bass but very accurately controlled.. Nice..
Hi, my name is Rod and I am an audioholic ... there, I said it for you ...
dgage likes this.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #28908 of 28915 Old Today, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi, my name is Rod and I am an audioholic ... there, I said it for you ...
Haha!! Yea.. That sounded like that.. Hehe!!
post #28909 of 28915 Old Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
You of all people should know what a couple of good 15's can do. Now, think about six of them ...
Yep! 4 of em in my lowly system. Not sure I would make it into the cool kids club round here though. I would need to add at least 4-18's to my ONLY two Submersives lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight"...first time hearing this song on the Jayterz tonight, a song that left an impression on me in the 80's on my cousin's 'high end' Blaupunkt car system back then. On thw Jayterz, the drums hit my chest tight and sounded just amazing....had goosebumps as I heard it three times and pushing the volume to +5.

Will be digging up some more 80's memories to hear for the 'first' time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Don't put up such a front...we know you like Phil Collins...because Alice in Chains likes Phil Collins...Afterall, there must a reason AIC's "Down in a Hole" sounds like Phil C's "Another Day in Paradise" [emoji14]

http://www.soundsjustlike.com/3970/a...-phil-collins/
I freaking love doing Phil Collins demos! I bought a few of his. The vocal clarity, the whole package. Jack it up! Also I know it may sound cheese ball to some but Kenny G music sounds absolutely amazing on JTR's!

Also if you never had listened to the song "Sail" by Awolnation you are missing out on a great bass demo. Turn up the sub trim at least 6db, maybe 10-12db and let her rip! The raw power is smile inducing
asoofi1 likes this.

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
post #28910 of 28915 Old Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Yep! 4 of em in my lowly system. Not sure I would make it into the cool kids club round here though. I would need to add at least 4-18's to my ONLY two Submersives lol.

I freaking love doing Phil Collins demos! I bought a few of his. The vocal clarity, the whole package. Jack it up! Also I know it may sound cheese ball to some but Kenny G music sounds absolutely amazing on JTR's!

Also if you never had listened to the song "Sail" by Awolnation you are missing out on a great bass demo. Turn up the sub trim at least 6db, maybe 10-12db and let her rip! The raw power is smile inducing
Forgot about Sail...Need to play that...I first heard it on the flying man youtube video years ago...which I think made the song...sad that video is better than the official video.

gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #28911 of 28915 Old Today, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just sitting here wondering if a slanted 8 sitting on top of my 212HTs aimed at ceiling would work like an atmos speaker module I am thinking that the only thing that makes it an atmos up-firing module is the aiming degree/angle for sound reflection from the ceiling. Hmmmm????

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #28912 of 28915 Old Today, 02:58 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
Just sitting here wondering if a slanted 8 sitting on top of my 212HTs aimed at ceiling would work like an atmos speaker module I am thinking that the only thing that makes it an atmos up-firing module is the aiming degree/angle for sound reflection from the ceiling. Hmmmm????
Easy to test as up firing Front Height speakers using DTS Neo:X or Dolby Pro Logic IIz and, you wouldn't have to commit to Atmos first.

You should come over and hear Atmos for yourself. Try before you buy ...

HToM

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; Today at 03:02 PM.
post #28913 of 28915 Old Today, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Do slanted 212's on top of your 212's.
post #28914 of 28915 Unread Today, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't see why not...if reflective point on ceiling hits your mlp, it should work. The avr should set the proper delay.

post #28915 of 28915 Unread Today, 06:26 PM
Old Soul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hey guys, any of you have tried refinishing your JTR speakers ? Thinking of changing the look of one pair of my slanted 8's so I can have my wife approve the look and put them in the living room as a 2-Channel system haha ! The finish on my speakers are the normal black finish which is a bit textured. I'm thinking of wrapping it in vinyl or some kind of laminate , maybe even wood veneer. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page