Official JTR speaker thread - Page 968 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #29011 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Right... half of these rooms are all bullsh$t amps, bullsh$t cables and garbage you don't need. oh wait we don't "need" any of it but hey let's at least stick to the stuff that matters. Speakers, room and room correction and source signal!
I'm not seeing any EQ in that setup. Just the speakers, room and source. Raw dog audio.

I like it!
rhed likes this.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29012 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 278
That setup looks stealthy Jeff. But I bet it's not after it's fired up..
post #29013 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Simple and effective setup.

Will probably be one of the best in show.

Panasonic PT-AE7000 | Denon 4311 | Emotiva XPA-2/5 | Deftech 65SM LCR | Deftech Procinema 1000 surrounds | Seaton Submersive HPi+ Subwoofer

Last edited by nash23; Yesterday at 10:33 AM.
post #29014 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Man, I wish I could have gone. Probably better I didn't. I'd have written Jeff a check right there lol.
post #29015 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Exactly how Jeff had it setup last year. Player > amp > speaker.. That imo how speakers should be demoed at a show like that. No other processing or dsp or fancy amp preset for a certain brand type speaker involved. That really brings out the true color sound of that speaker. When I attended Axpona last year, most all rooms had a expensive processor and amp driving them speakers. Don't know if it was the speaker that sounded good or the proccesor..
RMK!, asoofi1 and nash23 like this.
post #29016 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
Here is are couple pictures form Axpona.
Is that a dime or nickel in the Horn pic for size reference?

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #29017 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Is that a dime or nickel in the Horn pic for size reference?
I was thinking it was a dime.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #29018 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I heard the new Noesis 210RT yesterday at Axpona and they are everything anybody could possibly want in a "reasonable" sized full range speaker and then some. Meaning they are a perfect solution for those who don't want or cannot use a subwoofer in their system. No need for stands either. They sound fantastic with any music at any level. Your room will overload before these speaker will ( IF they ever will). Superb midrange clarity too.

I also had the good luck to hear this wonderful cd yesterday. http://shop.jbonamassa.com/collectio...oducts/rcfp-cd
I forget the guys name who brought it to the show yesterday but I am very thankful he did. He was so impressed with the 210RT's that he probably has placed his order . Seriously, I ran into him later at another demo room and he was still blown away by the JTR's vs everything else he heard.
RMK!, rhed and asoofi1 like this.
post #29019 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Right... half of these rooms are all bullsh$t amps, bullsh$t cables and garbage you don't need. oh wait we don't "need" any of it but hey let's at least stick to the stuff that matters. Speakers, room and room correction and source signal!
It really is amazing. I was in several rooms with equipment that totaled six figures and a few with equipment that was worth more than my house and I was no more impressed by those rooms than I was with Jeff's (Except Seaton's and that was a totally different setup). There were cables that cost more than the 210's.
asoofi1 likes this.

post #29020 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Jeff's 210's sounded really good to me today and very much like I am used to with the clarity and dynamics JTR are know for. I am sure they are going to be a big seller and really hit the sweet spot for a lot of consumer's audio goals.

It would be great to see a full JTR HT setup at Axpona in the future too.
rhed, asoofi1 and countryWV like this.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #29021 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know that they can also crush the art of flight Alaska scene.

One thing that I did see yesterday was pretty crazy, the Taylor dream console:

http://taylodreamconsole.com/

post #29022 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post
It really is amazing. I was in several rooms with equipment that totaled six figures and a few with equipment that was worth more than my house and I was no more impressed by those rooms than I was with Jeff's (Except Seaton's and that was a totally different setup). There were cables that cost more than the 210's.
I have to agree when I was there last year not many of the expensive setups were very impressive compared to the price.
There were a few that were really good, but not many. I did like the high end Dynaudio display, was likely best of the show for me. Magico was pretty impressive too, but both are out of my price range by quite a bit. Also heard the 215s there for the 1st time.... glad they were in my price range =)
post #29023 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am a bit confused about which one of the JTRs to go for, 212Ht or 210RT. This is for a dedicated room behind AT screen. I will use a sub and already have a SVS PB13 ultra.

Do the 212HTs require separate stands? If so, then 210RTs may be better both from financial and spec perspective. Besides the sensitivity, is there a reason to choose one over the other leaving aside any stands required for 212s?

Any inputs from people who have heard both?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
post #29024 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuning View Post
I am a bit confused about which one of the JTRs to go for, 212Ht or 210RT. This is for a dedicated room behind AT screen. I will use a sub and already have a SVS PB13 ultra.

Do the 212HTs require separate stands? If so, then 210RTs may be better both from financial and spec perspective. Besides the sensitivity, is there a reason to choose one over the other leaving aside any stands required for 212s?

If you like undistorted, clean, transparent sound at extreme spl's. Then 212HT with external subs. Not saying the 210's won't do the same. It's just it probably won't go to insane levels like the 212's. But definitely high enough for most. But the 210's like its bigger brother (215's) is a all in one package. Well unless your a bass head then you just add more subs. But really, I bet the 210's lays down lots of bass. As far as stands, I think it's depends on your seating height. Normally you'd like the CD at ear or face level..
carp likes this.

Last edited by rhed; Yesterday at 07:13 PM.
post #29025 of 29028 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a pair of 8HT's in my theater if anyone is near the 60463 zip code and would like to listen. I would like to demo them Monday April 27th after 7pm if anyone is interested, let me know.
post #29026 of 29028 Old Today, 04:42 AM
Señor Member

Quote:

Not many have heard the 210RT and fewer still that have heard both the 212 and the 210RT. As rehed said, the 212 combined with good subs makes for a great system but one that must be used with subs for music listening and movie watching. The 210RT would provide the same capability for movies, and add unique full range capability for 2 and MC channel music. If your primary use is for movies then the 212HT and subs are a good choice.

Note: multiple subs are needed to keep up with the 212HT's.
carp likes this.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #29027 of 29028 Old Today, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Having recently heard both 210's and 212's (in different rooms/setups) they are very similar. The 210's were running w/o subs and sounded great for all different types of music thrown at them, and could play absurdly loud w/o loosing any clarity. If you compare them to the 212s it looks like you are loosing a bit of stop end volume on the 210's but getting a deeper frequency. Unless you have a very large room which you like to play very loudly the 210's should do very well, so I wouldn't be afraid because they are the little guys of the group (numerically at least).
Since you already have a sub and want to place the speakers behind an AT screen I would look at the form factors on each and see if either suits you better for one reason or the other as both will sound very good for you.
carp likes this.
post #29028 of 29028 Unread Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 794
Quote:

I owned the 212's for 2 years (still have one for my center) and was able to hear the 210's recently.

Like others have said it depends on your priorities.

If you are movies only, have a large and/or very well treated room then I would take the 212's because you will never, ever find their limits. You can power them easily with an avr. It takes 5 watts to get my center 212 to reference.

On the other hand if you like to listen to music with no subs (there really is something about it that does it for me) then go for the 210. The 210 will have higher limits than your sub, just not the off the charts output of the 212.

A friend of mine has a huge theater that is incredibly well treated and for him the 212's are perfect. He can play easily to 10 over reference without a hint of strain and it still sounds completely composed and well.... incredible. The best I've ever heard actually. If you put the 210's in the same room I believe that when going crazy loud the speakers would give up before his ears would.

Now, put the 210's in a "normal" room like mine and I would not hit their limits.

As far as looks goes I like the freestanding looks of the 210's a lot better but that won't matter if you have an at screen. I do love how they look though, like mini me's of my 215's. They are "cute"! Haha, probably not the best way to describe them, but I was floored with how full range they sound for music and how loud they could go while outputting all that bass in such a tiny speaker.
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page