Official JTR speaker thread - Page 969 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #29041 of 29044 Unread Today, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I love reading all of this feed back on the 210RT's. It looks like we're going to be moving to a new house soon and I'm really thinking about buying a pair of the 210RT's for the main floor for music and TV use! Then I wouldn't need a sub.
Not doubting the 210Rt's but where's the fun in that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29042 of 29044 Unread Today, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuning View Post
Thanks for your inputs Rhed, rmk, carp and theblackangus.

If I decide to go for 2015 212hts, can I use a 228ht as center? If not, can I use a 2014 212ht as center? Will it make any difference?

If I go for 210rt, can I use a 210rm as center or would you suggest going for another 210rt as center?
Tuning-

Here's my take-

I really liked the 210RT, built like a pit bull! The bass was deep, punchy, and tactile. Also, I like the form factor of a floor standing speaker. The 210RT's were very loud. There was no way to directly compare the 210RT to the 212HT LP due the the 212's being run with MBM's and subs.

That being said-
Jeff had very good things to say about the 212HT for sheer clarity at high spl. He also mentioned that the 212's would need to be run with subs.

The common theme (as others with much more experience have mentioned) would be to go 210RT for music and crossed over for movies and 212 if your primary interests are movies/media/games. That doesn't mean the 212HT won't sound good for music, they'll just need to be crossed over to subs.

Hope this helps and nice to talk to you.
post #29043 of 29044 Unread Today, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuning View Post
I am a bit confused about which one of the JTRs to go for, 212Ht or 210RT. This is for a dedicated room behind AT screen. I will use a sub and already have a SVS PB13 ultra.

Do the 212HTs require separate stands? If so, then 210RTs may be better both from financial and spec perspective. Besides the sensitivity, is there a reason to choose one over the other leaving aside any stands required for 212s?

Any inputs from people who have heard both?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
If you want to save money on stands, you can go with cinder blocks from Home Depot with sheet of velvet wrapped around them. This costs nothing, and works as well as any stand. It might not look first class, but it's plenty good for behind an AT screen.
post #29044 of 29044 Unread Today, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC3 View Post
Tuning-

Here's my take-

I really liked the 210RT, built like a pit bull! The bass was deep, punchy, and tactile. Also, I like the form factor of a floor standing speaker. The 210RT's were very loud. There was no way to directly compare the 210RT to the 212HT LP due the the 212's being run with MBM's and subs.

That being said-
Jeff had very good things to say about the 212HT for sheer clarity at high spl. He also mentioned that the 212's would need to be run with subs.

The common theme (as others with much more experience have mentioned) would be to go 210RT for music and crossed over for movies and 212 if your primary interests are movies/media/games. That doesn't mean the 212HT won't sound good for music, they'll just need to be crossed over to subs.

Hope this helps and nice to talk to you.
You can even run the 210's FR with subs too. I mean we have guys in here doing that with their 215's..
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page