Official JTR speaker thread - Page 969 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #29041 of 29059 Unread Yesterday, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I love reading all of this feed back on the 210RT's. It looks like we're going to be moving to a new house soon and I'm really thinking about buying a pair of the 210RT's for the main floor for music and TV use! Then I wouldn't need a sub.
Not doubting the 210Rt's but where's the fun in that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29042 of 29059 Unread Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuning View Post
Thanks for your inputs Rhed, rmk, carp and theblackangus.

If I decide to go for 2015 212hts, can I use a 228ht as center? If not, can I use a 2014 212ht as center? Will it make any difference?

If I go for 210rt, can I use a 210rm as center or would you suggest going for another 210rt as center?
Tuning-

Here's my take-

I really liked the 210RT, built like a pit bull! The bass was deep, punchy, and tactile. Also, I like the form factor of a floor standing speaker. The 210RT's were very loud. There was no way to directly compare the 210RT to the 212HT LP due the the 212's being run with MBM's and subs.

That being said-
Jeff had very good things to say about the 212HT for sheer clarity at high spl. He also mentioned that the 212's would need to be run with subs.

The common theme (as others with much more experience have mentioned) would be to go 210RT for music and crossed over for movies and 212 if your primary interests are movies/media/games. That doesn't mean the 212HT won't sound good for music, they'll just need to be crossed over to subs.

Hope this helps and nice to talk to you.
Tuning likes this.
post #29043 of 29059 Unread Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
I am a bit confused about which one of the JTRs to go for, 212Ht or 210RT. This is for a dedicated room behind AT screen. I will use a sub and already have a SVS PB13 ultra.

Do the 212HTs require separate stands? If so, then 210RTs may be better both from financial and spec perspective. Besides the sensitivity, is there a reason to choose one over the other leaving aside any stands required for 212s?

Any inputs from people who have heard both?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
If you want to save money on stands, you can go with cinder blocks from Home Depot with sheet of velvet wrapped around them. This costs nothing, and works as well as any stand. It might not look first class, but it's plenty good for behind an AT screen.
DRC3 and Tuning like this.
post #29044 of 29059 Unread Yesterday, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC3 View Post
Tuning-

Here's my take-

I really liked the 210RT, built like a pit bull! The bass was deep, punchy, and tactile. Also, I like the form factor of a floor standing speaker. The 210RT's were very loud. There was no way to directly compare the 210RT to the 212HT LP due the the 212's being run with MBM's and subs.

That being said-
Jeff had very good things to say about the 212HT for sheer clarity at high spl. He also mentioned that the 212's would need to be run with subs.

The common theme (as others with much more experience have mentioned) would be to go 210RT for music and crossed over for movies and 212 if your primary interests are movies/media/games. That doesn't mean the 212HT won't sound good for music, they'll just need to be crossed over to subs.

Hope this helps and nice to talk to you.
You can even run the 210's FR with subs too. I mean we have guys in here doing that with their 215's. The 210's and 215's can really climb up the ladder too. Pretty much way more then anyone's normal listening levels. But hey, if you want DJ kind of levels, clean and continuous top end. And major hard hitting bass all the way down to 10hz. I recommend 212HT's and dual OS LFU's. That's pretty much solves everything right there in a all out spl package..

Last edited by rhed; Today at 01:08 AM.
post #29045 of 29059 Unread Today, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
You can even run the 210's FR with subs too. I mean we have guys in here doing that with their 215's. The 210's and 215's can really climb up the ladder too. Pretty much way more then anyone's normal listening levels. But hey, if you want DJ kind of levels, clean and continuous top end. And major hard hitting bass all the way down to 10hz. I recommend 212HT's and dual OS LFU's. That's pretty much solves everything right there in a all out spl package..
rhed- that would be a very nice combo!
post #29046 of 29059 Unread Today, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Earlier this year I had to choose between the 212HT vs 210RT. In the end the choice came down to 12" horn vs 10" and 3 identical LCR vs 2 x 210RT and a 210RM. I left the extra midbass and Full-Range capability that the 210RT has on the table and purchased 3 x 212HT for those 2 main reasons.
I would not change my choice but if I would have went with the 210RT/RM combo I would not have changed that either. I know that doesn't help clear anything up but it does tell me that one choice is as good as the other. The give and take is pretty much even steven.
RMK! and DRC3 like this.

Chris

For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; Today at 01:00 PM.
post #29047 of 29059 Unread Today, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
My name is Don and I'm new to this forum.

This weekend I attended AXPONA (for the first time) and was blown away by Jeff's 210RT set up. When I entered the room I was expecting a smaller speaker (from all of the comments and pix of the 210 vs the 215), but these things are brutes. They are thick, deep and just plain look aggressive!

I spent about an hour just listening to different CD's that people were bringing in, everything from Jazz to Techno to Rock to POP. I was floored by their power, clarity, and extension. Even when turned up to very high levels, the 210RT's handled the highs and lows with pin point precision. I was extremely impressed. I currently have a Klipsch reference system (with several Seaton Sub M's) that I am fairly happy with, but these are in a whole other league.

On another note-
In room 308, there was a newer company out of Knoxville called Deep Sea Sound. They are building subwoofers using Stereo Integrity drivers. In this particular setup, they were showcasing the 212HT LP with JBL mid-base modules and dual SI-24 subs. These too were amazing. I have to say that the 24 inch driver is beautiful.

All in all I was happy to be able to experience several of Jeff's products and finally meet him in person.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I placed an order.
Congrats on your new purchase!
post #29048 of 29059 Unread Today, 04:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

If I decide to go for 2015 212hts, can I use a 228ht as center? If not, can I use a 2014 212ht as center? Will it make any difference?

If I go for 210rt, can I use a 210rm as center or would you suggest going for another 210rt as center?
Here is what I have heard from my reading:
1. If you get the 212s get a 212 as the center, the 228 doesn't have the same compression driver/horn so it sounds a bit different. Now using a 2014 212 for the center vs 2015 the horns are different but the driver is the same, so this seems that it would make a bigger difference.
2. Using a 210 RM for the center should be acceptable, from my understanding Jeff designed the "M" to be a center for the "T"'s.

Honestly call Jeff and he will help you with your questions, hes good like that.
post #29049 of 29059 Unread Today, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
If you want to save money on stands, you can go with cinder blocks from Home Depot with sheet of velvet wrapped around them. This costs nothing, and works as well as any stand. It might not look first class, but it's plenty good for behind an AT screen.
Good idea, also you can go with the floating AT screen and have shelves for the speakers to sit on, I made this shelf for my center channel.

the 2x4 with the bracket is for the bottom of the screen to connect to, I have 3 2x4's with brackets for the top of the screen to connect to.

Ha, I forgot how off center I had that brace on the 2x4... doesn't matter though, works fine and you can't see it obviously.

post #29050 of 29059 Unread Today, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Good idea, also you can go with the floating AT screen and have shelves for the speakers to sit on, I made this shelf for my center channel.

the 2x4 with the bracket is for the bottom of the screen to connect to, I have 3 2x4's with brackets for the top of the screen to connect to.

Ha, I forgot how off center I had that brace on the 2x4... doesn't matter though, works fine and you can't see it obviously.

Finished shot looks great!
post #29051 of 29059 Unread Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Finished shot looks great!
Thanks Lance I need to take an updated picture, I followed Dominguez1 and my buddy Jedimastergrant's advice and I put some velvet under the screen on the carpet which did make an improvement in the look of the front wall area as well as the picture quality.
post #29052 of 29059 Unread Today, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks Lance I need to take an updated picture, I followed Dominguez1 and my buddy Jedimastergrant's advice and I put some velvet under the screen on the carpet which did make an improvement in the look of the front wall area as well as the picture quality.
I've followed your theater's evolution Carp and agree that you have a very nice setup!
post #29053 of 29059 Unread Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
Here is what I have heard from my reading:
1. If you get the 212s get a 212 as the center, the 228 doesn't have the same compression driver/horn so it sounds a bit different. Now using a 2014 212 for the center vs 2015 the horns are different but the driver is the same, so this seems that it would make a bigger difference.
2. Using a 210 RM for the center should be acceptable, from my understanding Jeff designed the "M" to be a center for the "T"'s.

Honestly call Jeff and he will help you with your questions, hes good like that.
It's best if your LCRs all have matching crossovers, so that things stay in phase when you pan between speakers. Phase and timbre matching will produce the best imaging.

I believe the 2014 and 2015 models have different horns, drivers, and crossovers.
post #29054 of 29059 Unread Today, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
Congrats on your new purchase!
Thank you!
post #29055 of 29059 Unread Today, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've followed your theater's evolution Carp and agree that you have a very nice setup!
Thanks man, good choice on your speaker selection - I absolutely loved the 210's.
post #29056 of 29059 Unread Today, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks man, good choice on your speaker selection - I absolutely loved the 210's.
Thanks yours was one of the very few reviews I was able to dig up. Hearing them in person sealed it.
post #29057 of 29059 Unread Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks yours was one of the very few reviews I was able to dig up. Hearing them in person sealed it.
Very cool, make sure you post some pics of your setup when you get them!!
post #29058 of 29059 Unread Today, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg316 View Post
I have a pair of 8HT's in my theater if anyone is near the 60463 zip code and would like to listen. I would like to demo them Monday April 27th after 7pm if anyone is interested, let me know.
You really really really need a subwoofer to demo Single 8HT properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Is that a dime or nickel in the Horn pic for size reference?
I think it was a quarter.

Quote:

Ideally, it's best to have the same three speakers accross the front. The 215RM and 210RM are an exact match to their RT counter parts and can be used with each other. If you go with 212HT and can't fit a 212HT center than I would go with the 210RM because they share the same compression driver (228 doesn't).

Last edited by Jeff Permanian; Today at 01:34 PM.
post #29059 of 29059 Unread Today, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
I just read on the Seaton thread where you scored a pair of F2s to go with your SubM arsenal. What will your finished system consist of (speakers & subs) when the new additions (210RT) arrive?

Chris

For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page