Official JTR speaker thread - Page 981 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #29401 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
See - that's what I want... I think. I actually don't really like the effect of my breathing getting messed with by bass... but I want the capability. Does that make any sense at all?!?!?!

I felt it with dual OS's, never since.
You'd be in heaven at my place LOL
carp likes this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29402 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
I think it's impressive that the Captivator did what it did with only 1400 watts. Keep in mind that all the passive and diy subwoofers are burst tested with either a 10,000 or 20,000 watt amplifier. The Captivator 1400 only has a 1400 watt amplifier. Subtract 9-12db from the passive and diy numbers to give you an idea of what they would do with 1400 watts. Looking at the cea-2010 burst testing, 16-50hz and 100-125hz the Captivator 1400 was the highest self powered subwoofer (Paradigm edged it out by 0.1db at 63hz and 2db at 80hz).

If you liked the Growlers data then wait to you see the Orbit Shifter PRO
Very true! but it doesn't grab me like the Growler does, I get the giggles thinking of having a few of them in my room. The OS pro I'm sure is outright stupid in the SPL but I like the idea of making huge headphones out of the growlers and going for a ride on the bus....

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #29403 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
My Othorns are also a little unique with the even beefier 21" B&C IPAL driver. That paired with 6kw RMS and probably 10kw+ burst each, they keep a smile on my face.

I had my brother in law over the other day, and at one point I looked over and he was holding his chest...apparently breathing in was becoming problematic!

At the time I was playing some dubstep north of 135db that has sustained 30hz tones. Brutal!
I assume you need to have the structural integrity of your home checked frequently
lukeamdman likes this.
post #29404 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
As cool as the Cap tests were, I'm even more impressed with the Growlers numbers! holy cow!!!! for a 12? thats some serious output..... I want 2 so bad but have so many car parts to buy LOL Ahh first world problems at their best.
I have had my eye out for a Mustang for awhile. I want a 89 or 90 Mustang GT, but hard to find a good one. That was the car I loved when I just stated driving. I am Just tire kicking really till I find the one. Not really what I want, but I found a 2003 convertible today in white with 40K on the clock, Immaculate. Then I looked inside and seen it >Automatic!! The hunt continues!!

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 02:32 PM.
post #29405 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Which track? Today seems like a good day for some chest compressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I was just thinking the same thing!!!
Jail Bait by Pantyraid. Real fun starts about 40 seconds in. Turn up the bass about 30db hot and crank it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I played @popalock s track a little bit ago. Pendulum > The Tempest. I love that track. Hits hard!!
That's one of my current favorites. Doesn't go super low, but hits really hard!
post #29406 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
The OS pro I'm sure is outright stupid in the SPL

Orbit Shifter PRO:
http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=119
post #29407 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 1497
Quote:

HOLY COW! that thing is crazy above 40hz!
post #29408 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
yep, outright stupid SPL just the way we like it! The new data bass king for 40hz and up!

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #29409 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
The OS pro I'm sure is outright stupid in the SPL

Orbit Shifter PRO:
http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=119
Mother of god..... all hail the midbass king!!
post #29410 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
yep, outright stupid SPL just the way we like it! The new data bass king for 40hz and up!
You'd definitely want to keep your LFU's though and just add these to augment the midbass. These don't play near low enough for HT or even most dubstup music.
lbrown105 likes this.
post #29411 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 285
GD!!! OS Pro's.. Forget the chest slams.. More like body slams.. geezus..
Imagine 2 of those up front between the mains on it's sides.I better work more OT..
lbrown105 likes this.
post #29412 of 29430 Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
GD!!! OS Pro's.. Forget the chest slams.. More like body slams.. geezus..
Imagine 2 of those up front between the mains on it's sides.I better work more OT..
Rhed, weren't you thinking about OS pros at one time?

Nabs17
post #29413 of 29430 Old Today, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Rhed, weren't you thinking about OS pros at one time?
Yes... Though I have couple ideas to upgrades on my HT. Dual pro's is back up on the list and couple other things. Hopefully make it to RMAF. I'll talk to Jeff about it up there.
post #29414 of 29430 Old Today, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Looks like Sept. for the LFU.
Is Jeff sending other JTR gear to DB in the future?
post #29415 of 29430 Old Today, 09:18 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Yes... Though I have couple ideas to upgrades on my HT. Dual pro's is back up on the list and couple other things. Hopefully make it to RMAF. I'll talk to Jeff about it up there.
Great idea, quad S2's and 215 LCR's just doesn't cut it.

We watched the two most recent Mission Impossible movies this week and if you like surround sound (and who doesn't ), the sound using Dolby Surround Upmixing and the ceiling speakers was really impressive. I'm not going spout superlatives in describing the level of improvement as once you get to a certain performance level all improvements are subtle. That said, 3D audio is the single best technological advance in HT audio that I have heard and with DTS-X coming soon it will only get better with more options. For me, 3D audio is like 3D video but without the image brightness compromises and hassle/discomfort of 3D glasses.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #29416 of 29430 Old Today, 09:20 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Is Jeff sending other JTR gear to DB in the future?
I think so, he said the 215RT will be done soon.
rhed likes this.

HToM

Opinions are not facts.
post #29417 of 29430 Old Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think so, he said the 215RT will be done soon.
Now that would be something.. A speaker at DB? I bet that will have some people scratching their heads. As us 215RT owners know how much bass these things dish out. i myself is still shocked..
post #29418 of 29430 Old Today, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Jeff indicated the OS LFU, S2 and 215's will be tested in September. Should be fun.
rhed likes this.

Nabs17
post #29419 of 29430 Old Today, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We watched the two most recent Mission Impossible movies this week and if you like surround sound (and who doesn't ), the sound using Dolby Surround Upmixing and the ceiling speakers was really impressive. I'm not going spout superlatives in describing the level of improvement as once you get to a certain performance level all improvements are subtle. That said, 3D audio is the single best technological advance in HT audio that I have heard and with DTS-X coming soon it will only get better with more options. For me, 3D audio is like 3D video but without the image brightness compromises and hassle/discomfort of 3D glasses.
Haha.. I'm on the mission to see how far I can go with my HT. And yes those 215's/quad S2's are really a extraordinary combo. One have to experience it. Though I'm now curious as to what dual Pro's will do. When I cross over at 120 on the avr. With a hpf around 35-40 over to the S2's. Standing by with a 40 lpf. Also, Atmos is on the upgrade list. After hearing your setup Rob, I can't get it out of my head. But the only problem I have is trying to convince the wife about speaker wires exposed on the ceiling. Since I have high ceilings, I have no way of running them but against the drywall. She's not having it. But she'll come around. And with any upgrades to the audio, I'd like to keep it all the same (JTR) across the board. Hopefully you or Lance or anyone on this board will come visit Hawaii. And I'll be done with the additions. Bear in mind though, my HT space is not as nicely done as you or most here on AVS. I'll do a dedicated space when we move. At least I'll already have the audio gear ready..

Last edited by rhed; Today at 10:07 AM.
post #29420 of 29430 Old Today, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I really want to make the move to Atmos but it probably won't be until next year. I want to see how DTS:X plays out and I just recently bought the processor I'm using so I'll (try to) wait a little longer and live with the height channels which "sometime" give me some overheard info...nothing like Atmos/DSU but sometimes I am surprised. I'm building another pair of Volt 6's now so all 4 of my heights will be the same. We'll see how long I can actually wait.

Nabs17
post #29421 of 29430 Old Today, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Haha.. I'm on the mission to see how far I can go with my HT. And yes those 215's/quad S2's are really a extraordinary combo. One have to experience it. Though I'm now curious as to what dual Pro's will do. When I cross over at 120 on the avr. With a hpf around 35-40 over to the S2's. Standing by with a 40 lpf. Also, Atmos is on the upgrade list. After hearing your setup Rob, I can't get it out of my head. But the only problem I have is trying to convince the wife about speaker wires exposed on the ceiling. Since I have high ceilings, I have no way of running them but against the drywall. She's not having it. But she'll come around. And with any upgrades to the audio, I'd like to keep it all the same (JTR) across the board. Hopefully you or Lance or anyone on this board will come visit Hawaii. And I'll be done with the additions. Bear in mind though, my HT space is not as nicely done as you or most here on AVS. I'll do a dedicated space when we move. At least I'll already have the audio gear ready..
Rodney, going to Hawaii is on our family's list of things to do within the next few years. Being able to do that and have the opportunity to see your HT will be phenomenal. Your equipment list is already super impressive. Adding the OS pros will move you to the top of the insanity list (wait you are already there). All kidding aside with the kind off set up you have, a dedicated space will fun to put together. Just make sure you have lots of bracing and double up the drywall, your going to need it! If we didn't have these pesky jobs in the way we could just do a JTR global tour starting at Robs in Cali!
rhed likes this.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #29422 of 29430 Old Today, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
That said, 3D audio is the single best technological advance in HT audio that I have heard.
Are you sure? Remember in the late 90's when pro logic went to Dolby Digital 5.1? That was HUGE and by FAR the biggest difference I have heard in audio. Anyone could tell the difference, even the back then girl friends because it was so obvious. If you are saying that going to Atmos is an even bigger jump in audio... wow, just wow.
post #29423 of 29430 Old Today, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked: 829
I have heard Atmos with 2 ceiling speakers and preferred it to 7.1 but it wasn't a night and day kind of thing.
post #29424 of 29430 Unread Today, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Now I'm wondering myself how dual OS Pros would sound with dual LFUs...I could stack each pro on top of each LFU

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #29425 of 29430 Unread Today, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 1286
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Now I'm wondering myself how dual OS Pros would sound with dual LFUs...I could stack each pro on top of each LFU
Don't "wonder"...jump on it man.

We need to put Chantilly on the map as the bass capital of the mother effin world!

I'll double up on my subs too...
post #29426 of 29430 Unread Today, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That would be crazy.. The only thing for me about doing the Pro's is another dedicated line to feed them. Those Pro's I bet would perform to its optimal potential if its feed independently. I don't think my panel has the room for one more 20 amp breaker.. Though I might use the one dedicated to my CC 215RM for the Pro's. And share the RM's with the RT's dedicated line.

Last edited by rhed; Today at 09:13 PM.
post #29427 of 29430 Unread Today, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Don't "wonder"...jump on it man.

We need to put Chantilly on the map as the bass capital of the mother effin world!

I'll double up on my subs too...
Ha...you already put Chantilly...and now Qatar...on the map my friend

gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #29428 of 29430 Unread Today, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That would be crazy.. The only thing for me about doing the Pro's is another dedicated line to feed them. Those Pro's I bet would perform to its optimal potential if its feed independently. I don't think my panel has the room for one more 20 amp breaker.. Though I might use the one dedicated to my CC 215RM for the Pro's. And share the RM's with the RT's dedicated line.
Same here actually...I don't have any space for more breakers...but theoretically, I could run them on the 20s to a degree.....geez...I should be committed for even considering it

post #29429 of 29430 Unread Today, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Same here actually...I don't have any space for more breakers...but theoretically, I could run them on the 20s to a degree.....geez...I should be committed for even considering it
And I really don't know why I have one for the CC. I think the RM's will do fine sharing with the RT's. So I was thinking of getting a Inuke 3000dsp for my RM. Then use my 6000dsp that was for the RM's for the RT's. Then use my 12000dsp that was for the RT's for the Pro's. Especially since the Pro's does 2 ohm loads. The 12000dsp is capable of 2 ohms. So really I just need another 3000dsp for my CC.
post #29430 of 29430 Unread Today, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 1497
Quote:
That would be insane, but would the Pro's need a lot of power to really push them? Because they product all that SPL higher up in the frequency range would they be more efficient?
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page