Official JTR speaker thread - Page 987 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #29581 of 29590 Unread Today, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Question

Photos of JTRs?

Hey guys. Without searching though ~980 pages, I'm trying to find some pictures of how JTR speakers look in real living rooms (not dedicated theaters). Does anyone have photos they can share of JTRs in actual "living spaces"?

I don't have a dedicated media room, nor will I for several years at least. If I buy some JTR speakers, they would have to go into my a family living room, or formal living room. I just want to see some people with photos of JTRs being used this way. Can they look presentable around other nice furniture?

I'm very intrigued at all the rave reviews of how JTR speakers sound... however their finish and appearance seems less than desirable. I showed my wife some of the stock photos from the JTR website, and she thinks they "ugly and cheap looking". Obviously, they aren't cheap or low-quality, but their y ought to look a little better.

1) Does anyone have JTR pictures to share in formal living room environments?
2) Can JTRs look presentable around other nice furniture? any tips on this?
3) Rebuilding my HT from scratch.... what would be a good staring point with JTRs? (I have no speakers or amps at the moment)

Finally.... I live near Fort Worth, TX. Does anyone live in the area willing to demonstrate some JTRs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29582 of 29590 Unread Today, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post
Photos of JTRs?

Hey guys. Without searching though ~980 pages, I'm trying to find some pictures of how JTR speakers look in real living rooms (not dedicated theaters). Does anyone have photos they can share of JTRs in actual "living spaces"?

I don't have a dedicated media room, nor will I for several years at least. If I buy some JTR speakers, they would have to go into my a family living room, or formal living room. I just want to see some people with photos of JTRs being used this way. Can they look presentable around other nice furniture?

I'm very intrigued at all the rave reviews of how JTR speakers sound... however their finish and appearance seems less than desirable. I showed my wife some of the stock photos from the JTR website, and she thinks they "ugly and cheap looking". Obviously, they aren't cheap or low-quality, but their y ought to look a little better.

1) Does anyone have JTR pictures to share in formal living room environments?
2) Can JTRs look presentable around other nice furniture? any tips on this?
3) Rebuilding my HT from scratch.... what would be a good staring point with JTRs? (I have no speakers or amps at the moment)

Finally.... I live near Fort Worth, TX. Does anyone live in the area willing to demonstrate some JTRs?
Jeff will do custom paint or wood finishes if you are willing to pay for it.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #29583 of 29590 Unread Today, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
Jeff will do custom paint or wood finishes if you are willing to pay for it.
That's good. I'd like to see how the regular JTRs look as-is, around other nice furniture. I'd be interested to see how a custom-finished JTR speaker looks too, if anyone has photos of such a speaker setup.
post #29584 of 29590 Unread Today, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
That's good. I'd like to see how the regular JTRs look as-is, around other nice furniture. I'd be interested to see how a custom-finished JTR speaker looks too, if anyone has photos of such a speaker setup.
Custom Quintuples

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.co...eakers-5012941

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.co...35&postcount=9

There are a few more hidden throughout the JTR forum

Chris

For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; Today at 01:27 PM.
post #29585 of 29590 Unread Today, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Yeah, I don't thinks JTR's in the standard finish will pass any WAF. As mentioned you can chose from various finishes and (I think) if you send Jeff a sample he can match your speakers to it...for a price increase of course.

But cheap looking....not on any level.

Nabs17
post #29586 of 29590 Unread Today, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 54
In my living room I went with the 228s in black oak veneer and it is virtually identical to the Seaton black oak finish on my Submersives used as stands. Think it cost me an extra $200 each at the time. Looks just like any other black oak finish you see in a store like Klipsch. No pictures with me to post.

For my surrounds I had Jeff change the Slant 8s to a smooth matte black. Since the slants mount very close to the ceiling, they look very nice in my opinion and the wife did not complain at all. Easy to clean any dust off of.

I have not seen the default finish Jeff uses but the very few pictures I saw did not seem like something I would want in a multipurpose room.
Jeff can get virtually any veneer and color you want for a price. Very reasonable price I say.

The grills are attached magnetically so they align themselves on all the speakers. Easily removable and look very nice. No complaints.
Pete
post #29587 of 29590 Unread Today, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
I think the standard finish looks great, although my 212s lcr are currently behind a AT screen in my family room. I do have slant 8s for surrounds on stands in the room and they look big and mean.
RMK! likes this.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #29588 of 29590 Unread Today, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Here are some more JTR Speakers with veneer:

post #29589 of 29590 Unread Today, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
In my living room I went with the 228s in black oak veneer and it is virtually identical to the Seaton black oak finish on my Submersives used as stands. Think it cost me an extra $200 each at the time. Looks just like any other black oak finish you see in a store like Klipsch. No pictures with me to post.

For my surrounds I had Jeff change the Slant 8s to a smooth matte black. Since the slants mount very close to the ceiling, they look very nice in my opinion and the wife did not complain at all. Easy to clean any dust off of.

I have not seen the default finish Jeff uses but the very few pictures I saw did not seem like something I would want in a multipurpose room.
Jeff can get virtually any veneer and color you want for a price. Very reasonable price I say.

The grills are attached magnetically so they align themselves on all the speakers. Easily removable and look very nice. No complaints.
Pete

Okay. I'd probably like a black oak veneer, with the magnetic grills. That should be acceptable.

What models would I start with? L/C/R + sub(s) + amp?
post #29590 of 29590 Unread Today, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Wow that slanted 8 looks great in that finish.

Nabs17
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page