AVS Forum banner

Official JTR speaker thread

3M views 44K replies 1K participants last post by  rcohen 
#1 ·

As more and more ppl buying these speakers, i thought that there should be a centralized thread to post pics, comments, setup.

Reactions: ronnlim and rizki96
#32,501 ·
speaking of dynamic range I happened to watch the Gift tonight in the theater at -10dBFR and although this movie is probably not mentioned much on AVS and isn't a huge bass monster movie it does have about 4 great jump scares. Very quiet scenes with huge dynamic pulse that will have everyone jumping out of their seats! I am really starting to appreciate the noise floor aspect of the room. It may be more work than getting the high clean SPL but man when you combine both it really is immersive. Ok I am preaching to the choir, I will stop now.

#32,502 ·
you might want to check in the 88a thread as I am not sure of its capabilities. In many cases it is good to have independent time delay for each sub. I have three sub and use a mini dsp to accomplish independent time delay for each. Can make a huge difference depending on the room and set up. I thought I hear in the OS thread the new amps have delay settings built in. Nice feature if that's true.
I don't have JTR subs, but it shouldn't matter as long as you have some way to time align subs and use a single channel of Dirac processing for all subs.
Thanks guys, I'm good on time alignment as both subs are equidistant from the MLP. Once I add a 3rd to the rear of the room, then I'll have to account for the delay needed. I was just wondering if one way was better that another.

And the amp in the 1400's does include a delay knob, so when I add the 3rd I can account for the delay that way but I'll probably get a 2x4 balanced.

#32,503 ·
Thanks guys, I'm good on time alignment as both subs are equidistant from the MLP. Once I add a 3rd to the rear of the room, then I'll have to account for the delay needed. I was just wondering if one way was better that another.

And the amp in the 1400's does include a delay knob, so when I add the 3rd I can account for the delay that way but I'll probably get a 2x4 balanced.
Should be identical.

#32,504 ·
#32,505 ·
I just was at magnolias at Best Buy killing time with the boys. Saw they had a sign that said atmos, so I figured I would check it out. Horrendous. Makes me really appreciate what I have. But I still remember the days when I couldn't afford anything and would just go hang out in stereo stores watching movies 😀

#32,506 ·
I just was at magnolias at Best Buy killing time with the boys. Saw they had a sign that said atmos, so I figured I would check it out. Horrendous. Makes me really appreciate what I have. But I still remember the days when I couldn't afford anything and would just go hang out in stereo stores watching movies ������
I remember back in 1995 through 2000 when I was a kid when I had my first place and had a my first kid I had a surround sound system. I had a JBL surround speakers with Optimus mains with a sony sub running off Pioneer equipment. AC-3 decoding was the norm then and it was not very good. But man my highlight was demoing Armageddon on DVD to friends. I remember being disappointed with the bass. I thought that when I hooked up that 12" Sony sub I was going to have car bass. Surprise surprise. I mean I sit back in my theater sometimes and think about those days and just laugh, heck even further back when I was a kid running my TV through an old Kenwood tuner for Atari games! Yeah it's been in my blood for along time!

#32,509 ·

Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

You are getting real serious now!

On my end things are moving along-

My JTR order coming week of Nov 16.

Ordered the Seymour screen.

I decided to sway from Sony, because the boys that went to CEDIA, said the JVC RS400 500 and 600, now have near plasma black levels with light output at Sony level.. I preorder RS500 from AVS.

Vince..

Reactions: RMK!
#32,511 ·
Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

I decided to sway from Sony, because the boys that went to CEDIA, said the JVC RS400 500 and 600, now have near plasma black levels with light output at Sony level.. I preorder RS500 from AVS.

Vince..

Vince...I know I'm going to add a 3rd, I've stopped fooling myself...just a matter of time.

I'm excited for you that your order is coming soon and (remember) I'm here to help you if you need it and even if you don't...I need to hear your system. :) I want to hear the 228's as surrounds and the OS LFU.

#32,512 ·
Vince...I know I'm going to add a 3rd, I've stopped fooling myself...just a matter of time.

I'm excited for you that your order is coming soon and (remember) I'm here to help you if you need it and even if you don't...I need to hear your system. :) I want to hear the 228's as surrounds and the OS LFU.
Me Too! :)

Maybe we can use the x-mas vacation time to do some demos at our houses. Im hoping mine will be up and running before the holidays

#32,513 ·
Me Too! :)

Maybe we can use the x-mas vacation time to do some demos at our houses. Im hoping mine will be up and running before the holidays
I'm down with that...sounds like fun. I want to hear your system as well, 8802a, jtr speakers, 4 f2's, 2 f18's, 2 88a's...hell yeah I want to hear that.

#32,514 ·

Thanks Buddy!
Of course you will see and hear it..
I'll definitely need your help with the irule remote..
V

#32,515 ·
Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

Vince..
Great news Vince! I also saw the JVC at Cedia and it did look amazing. Glad to see things coming together. When is the completion date?

#32,516 ·
Great news Vince! I also saw the JVC at Cedia and it did look amazing. Glad to see things coming together. When is the completion date?
David..
Thanks its been a long road since your wonderful 2014 GTG..

Let's see completion date-
JTR Speakers- week of 11-16
Seymour 150" wide screen week of 11-16
JVC RS500 proj. Dec xx
Crest cc5500 amps nov-dec
Marantz av8801- Dec

I'm going try squeeze NFM to order me your palliser rhumba chairs less than msrp..

I hope rhumba chairs can put together inside room, do they fit through standard door?

Looking at Jan-feb 2016 finish or so..

Vince

Reactions: lbrown105 and DRC3
#32,517 ·
The ELAC room was the next room down the hall from JTR at RMAF. There seemed to be a lot of press buzz on their speakers. Here are some measurements and a look inside the speakers.

This reminds me of something I read recently. What do Vapor Audio, Rockport, Von Schweikert Audio, Parts Express, Gamut, Sonus Faber, and Revel have in common? They have all had their lower priced cabinets made of MDF by the same Chinese cabinet vendor. (Source: Albert Von Schweikert at Audiocircle)

David..
Thanks its been a long road since your wonderful 2014 GTG..

Let's see completion date-
JTR Speakers- week of 11-16
Seymour 150" wide screen week of 11-16
JVC RS500 proj. Dec xx
Crest cc5500 amps nov-dec
Marantz av8801- Dec

I'm going try squeeze NFM to order me your palliser rhumba chairs less than msrp..

I hope rhumba chairs can put together inside room, do they fit through standard door?

Looking at Jan-feb 2016 finish or so..

Vince
Great system! I could run over to NFM for you, but not sure what I could do. Let me know if you need help.

#32,518 ·
Thanks Mike...
I'll call the 800# see what they say
Vince

#32,519 ·
The ELAC room was the next room down the hall from JTR at RMAF. There seemed to be a lot of press buzz on their speakers. Here are some measurements and a look inside the speakers.

This reminds me of something I read recently. What do Vapor Audio, Rockport, Von Schweikert Audio, Parts Express, Gamut, Sonus Faber, and Revel have in common? They have all had their lower priced cabinets made of MDF by the same Chinese cabinet vendor. (Source: Albert Von Schweikert at Audiocircle)

Great system! I could run over to NFM for you, but not sure what I could do. Let me know if you need help.
What model JVC projector did you have at RMAF?