Originally Posted by Fragster
Okay...I've come to these....which one is better?
- 2 X Athena LS100+Mirage Omni center = $200 approx
- Energy Take Classic 5 Pack 5.0 Home Theater Speaker (Close-out) $199http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
I have the Inifinty P362 towers in my main HT room and I like them a lot so while I'm inclined to the P162's, I notice they don't go as low as the Athenas above. Am I reading this correctly that based on this , the Athenas would handle lows better than the P162's?
PS: I know the Amazon is 5 speaker setup and I only need 2.1 but I'm looking at the price range.
For what you're doing I wouldn't get the Take Classic. Go with the Athena or Infinity for bigger and better sound. The Take Classic will be thin sounding for music.
I'm not sure where you getting your info but he P162's do go lower than the Athena LS-100.
LS-100Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
Sensitivity: 87 dB
Power handling: 120 WRMS
Dimensions: 12.8" tall, 7" wide, and 9.7" deep
Weight: 11 lbs.
• 10 To 150-Watt Power Amplifier Range
• 8-Ohm Nominal Impedance
• 0.75" MMD Tweeter
• 6.50" MMD Woofer
• 3,000 Hz, 24 dB/Octave Crossover Frequency
• 49 Hz To 20 kHz Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
• Magnetically Shielded
• 90 dB Sensitivity (2.83 V @ 1 m)
• Dimensions: 8.25" W x 14.75" H x 10.50" D
• Weight: 16.1 lbs
The P162 is taller, larger, heavier and has a bigger woofer. It does play deeper than the Athena! Plus a 3db higher sensitivity so it'll play louder at the same volume level.
You're also comparing two speakers and a center vs just two bookshelf speakers. Which do you prefer?