Need a sub-$400 audio system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, first of all I have to let you know that I am guru level at Tv's, displays, and PQ, but I am also COMPLETE audio noob and know practically nothing in the arena of audio. Heck, I dont even know what an AV reciever is for besides upscaling SD video signals...

But anyway, as of now I have a Pioneer KRP-500M monitor and a Pioneer BDP-320 Blu-ray player (Im about to order the blu-ray player), and I would like to know what a decent audio system would be for this setup that is under $400 (preferably with 7.1 channel audio and movable speakers that are not in a permenant location). Let me know if I need to spend more to really get decent audio system though (I dont care if its been used or referbished). Also, would I need any extra components such as an amplifier or an A/V reciever?

Thank you for helping me and my audio-deprived knowledge!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Great... now my parents want me to order the speakers TODAY!!! I really need some help here! Thanks to anyone that does
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM

There was a thread posted a few days ago with a very similar issue. Read though that as it may help a bit or maybe not.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 418
You're not going to get a receiver and speakers for $400. At least not good ones. with that budget you're going to be limited to Home Theater in a Box systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882120141

Afro GT
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

You're not going to get a receiver and speakers for $400. At least not good ones. with that budget you're going to be limited to Home Theater in a Box systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882120141

Thanks, but it's impossible to connect the audio system directly to the blu-ray player without an a/v receiver right? Also, if I do need an A/V receiver, the video source from the blu-ray player will go directly through the A/V receiver, and then to the tv right? Would a poor A/V reciever affect picture quality?

Thanks again though.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 418
you can connect your blu ray player directly to the TV, but that's not going to give you better audio, unless you get some type of receiver or amp to power a set of speakers. In other words, yes you need a receiver.

You can also connect the blu ray player directly to the TV and run audio from the player to the receiver. The Pioneer BDP-320 will allow this if you're worried about somehow degrading the video quality if you ran video thru the receiver..

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page