Phase Techn. PC-80 Vs. Paradigm LCR-350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a pair of PC-80's to use as my main speakers, but the foam surrounds were brittle and cracked resulting in horrible noise when the base kicked in. Before I had the time to research how to fix them, I came upon a deal that included 2 Paradigm LCR-350. Before I spend the 20 bucks on a kit and however long it will take me to fix them, I need to know if they are the better speaker or not. Which is better as mains for a system primarily used for Movies, and occasionally used for Music.

I have a Yamaha rx-v995 receiver, a Paradigm CC-350 center channel, and garbage speakers from my parents old HTIB for my surround speakers. I also have a sub that my brother says is as good as the middle subs on Craigsub's list. The thing is massive and cylindrical, but I dont' know the model or company.

Regards,
Sittlichkeit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It turns out, going on all the great advise I received in this thread, that I refoamed my phase tech pc-80's. They happen to be the far superior speaker for both movies and music. I did, however, notice that the LCR-350s are slightly better for low volume high-dialogue programming, but the situation is easily remedied with a decent CC. The LCR-350s suck.

See ya suckers.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page