HT set-up choices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-02-2009, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello. I am moving to new place and leaving my old set-up behind for my stepbrother. It was a PSB Image C60 and B25 bookshelf with a BIC H-100 sub and some old Athena bookshelfs for surrounds. Moving forward, I plan to start with just a 3.1 set-up in new place. I have a Denon 889 AVR and a PS3 coming along with me. So, while I think the PSBs are pretty good, I want to get better. My focus is almost 100% HT, not music, so I plan on upgrading in the sub department and going for better center channel.

Subs: I'll lurk around sub forum but was thinking something like a HSU or Epik in $500-$600 range. Should blow me away compared to the BIC. My question for suggestions goes to front 3. I am batting around the following:

Rocket Bigfoot center RSC200 and either find RS250s or get RS450s.
or
Klipsch RC-64 center with RB61s or RF62s.

I have heard a Klipsch set-up and liked it for HT didn't sound too bright to my ears. Any other things to consider for HT comparable in price and sound with focus on great center channel since it does the heavy lifting in HT? And it will have to be a horizontal center. Thanks for any imput. I will try to consider any more choices and audition, or pull the trigger on one of these, but I havent' heard the Rockets just seems like the Bigfoot is considered to be one of the best centers in this price range. Anyone compared Bigfoot and RC-64? Thanks again for any help/suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone can compare RSC200 center to RC64? Or offer up a good suggestion on a horizontal center that is forward, and good for HT? How about 3 Energy RC-LCRs for front? Curious of set-up in $1000 range for HT with good center. I know 3 identical would be ideal, but how would RC-LCRs compare to Klipsch or Rocket center?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page