Not much activity on this board, but I hope someone can help me.
A few years ago I purchased a new Pinnacle SUBcompact 8 for my den set-up. I loved the build quality and performance. I tried it in my HT setup in place of a larger Paradigm sub and it was at least as good. I dismantled the den and sold the SUBcompact 8, which I have regretted since.
The other day I saw a used one online and bought it. Supposedly only used for a few weeks in a model home. It arrived today and it is not the same as my old one. The box says Pinnacle SUBcompact 8, but these are the differences:
- Back of speaker does not say made in USA
- There are no cooling fins on the back of the plate amplifier
- Single input instead of dual
- No high level speaker inputs or outputs
- No power switch - pretty sure mine had this.
- Port on the bottom - mine was a sealed box and had no feet. This one has feet due to the port.
The speaker looks in new condition and powers on when plugged in. I haven't hooked it up yet. There is no serial number on the unit.
Is this a fake SUBcompact 8 or has design changed? There is enough difference, I would think this would cause a model change, even if to a "II" designation.