Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page ) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 321 Old 04-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too got my MB10000 from Dell today. It is indeed the S-Fit series. The surrounds are S-Fit 150s and the LCR is the SF950.
I'm in a quandary, should I return it to dell? How much better do the Quantum series sound than these? It's still a pretty good deal for $299 right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 321 Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 PM

I got the SFIT series also. I'm trying to get a partial refund from Dell. Their phone support is horrible....hold, hold, disconnect, transfer, transfer. No one understands the issue. One person said their computer was done and could not help me. I aksed to be transferred, and she said no.

So, do I keep the SFIT or return it? If Dell gives me $50 - $100 back, I may keep it.
If not, they are paying for return shipping and better come to my house to pick these up.
post #183 of 321 Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 PM

Add me to the list. I ordered 2 MB10000 from dell. I'm deployed right now and can't confirm first hand, but a friend back home took a look for me and it appears they only got half the order right. One set with qp's and one with the s-fit. I get home in about a week and will have to verify this and start negotiating with Dell.
post #184 of 321 Old 04-06-2011, 04:21 AM

I tried multiple phone calls with Dell. No one seems to know what they are doing. Sounds like a bait and switch tactic. I opened my Sub also and it says Baby Boomer on the bottom, but it does not appear that it is the Baby Boomer listed on the website. I think the sub is correct as it has the two grill covers.

Now, do I return the SFIT series? Anyone own it and use it? I'm curious how much different it is? I;m hoping Dell will give me a partial refund. If not, more than likely I'll return it. The cost difference between the QP9 and SF950 seems to be a couple hundred dollars.
post #185 of 321 Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm experiencing the same thing with the MB10000. Cheaper SFit Sat-150 satellite speakers and LCR center channel is the Bar None SF950. The picture on the 52lb shipment showing the components is the same pic shown on Dell's website and Pinnacle's website for the MB10000. False advertisement as they snuck in cheaper speakers rather than the QP2 and QP 9 the system is supposed to come with according to the specs listed on Pinnacle's website.

I spoke to customer disservice and was given 3 options: Return for full refund within 21 days, receive a $50 discount to keep the system, or keep system and hope that the MB10000 goes back in stock within 21 days from shipping to receive a replacement. The MB10000 will most likely not go back in stock within that limited time frame (Dell won't budge on that). This leaves you with the other two options. I'd keep it if it were a $100 but that also is not an option as Dell is staying firm with the $50 option. The final option is to return for a full refund (Dell loves to mention that normally they'd charge a 15% restocking fee but won't in this case as the fault is on their end for sending the wrong speakers). They tried to first send a RMA email so that I would print it out and affix it to the speaker box and take it to UPS myself, but after some complaining they agreed to have someone pick it up directly from my door.

Personally, as retribution for using deceptive and surreptitious methods of slipping in cheap speaks under the guise of MB10000 speaks, everyone who got caught in this debacle should either go for the $50 discount or more preferably the full refund option. Have UPS pick it up direct from your door on Dell's dime (its a heavy and awkward 52lbs otherwise) close to 21 days from shipment. Use the speakers during that time as well so Dell is stuck having to sell refurbished units rather than taking your returned speakers and repackaging as new to someone else! Either way they still have to offer you a full refund as they shipped you the wrong product. This way Dell will feel the full brunt of paying for the pickup delivery service, return shipping costs, and having a set of used speakers on their hands. And you get to try out the speaker system for up to 21 days to see whether you want to keep it with a $50 discount. This problem could very well be on Pinnacle's end rather than Dell's, but trying to go through them is another headache waiting to happen and they'll just redirect you to Dell. Whatever you decide. it'll probably affect both parties and hopefully cause them to reconsider using such deceptive practices in the future.
post #186 of 321 Old 04-06-2011, 10:45 AM

It appears that my Sub may be the Baby Boomer (which features dual 8" woofers rather than the dual 6"). I'm still dealing with Dell. I hope they offer me some sort of compensation. I cannot explain my situation to anyone who will understand what happened.

I have been given ZERO options so far.

Although, I'm in the same boat....it would probably cost Dell $30 just to ship it back, plus the box I have may not fit all the components back in it. I would make them send UPS to my house to pick it up though.

I mainly wanted the QP9, so the cheaper speakers suck...although, I'm curious the sound quality between the two.
Oh well....at least I MIGHT have received a better sub. I will have to double-check and measure the dimensions, I didn't really take it out of the box since I was so annoyed.
post #187 of 321 Old 04-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Here was Dell's response to my e-mail from last night:
Quote:

I am a Manager from Dell's Online Customer service department. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I assure you that I will assist you to the best of my ability.

I checked our records and it shows that the part that we sent you contains the following:

1. 9 Element Speaker Bar
2. 3" 2-way Satellites
3. 350W Dual 6.5" Bipole Powered Subwoofer

Hence, as per our records, the correct items were sent to you under your order number XXXXXXX. As you have mentioned that you have received incorrect items, I would request you to provide us the part number mentioned on the items that you received along with the scanned picture of the incorrect item, if possible. This will certainly help us to recognize the items that you received and ensure that your query is resolved up to your satisfaction.

I sent a reply with the pictures of the boxes that stated they were the SF150/SF950 components. Hopefully they give me a credit.

The bonus is, I did get a BABY BOOMER subwoofer. Should provide a little more punch, slightly larger footprint though.
post #188 of 321 Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM

I have also ordered the MB10000 from dell, and have scheduled delivery on Friday. I also hope that I get The QP series rather than the SFIT series.

Note on Pinnacle's website, the product sheet for the Microburst speakers has this for the description of the Satellite speakers on the MB10000:

speaker type:
2‐Way, 2‐Element, Acoustic
Suspension

Component Drivers:
1" liquid cooled titanium dome
tweeter with Plasma Vapor
treatment; 3" carbon graphite
woofer with butyl surround

this is different from the SFIT as the SFIT has :

Speaker type:
2‐Element, 2nd Order Acoustic
Suspension

Component Drivers:
1" liquid cooled silk dome tweeter
with neodymium magnet;
3" polymer cone woofer with butyl
surround

Obviously the QP has a better titanium dome tweeter, and retails for
175.95 Amazon (not MSRP) 199.96 QVC (not MSRP) or 229.99 radio Shack (not sure if this is MSRP)

The SFIT series retails from 89.99 (4electronicwarehouse) to 169.99 (radio shack)

So apples to apples the QP2s are 229.99 radioshack and The SFIT are 169.99
a $60 or approx 26% difference (based on the 229.99)

The fact that the spec sheet mentions the titanium tweeters means that the SFIT are NOT a part of the MB10000, as there is NOT a SFIT speaker with a titanium dome tweeter. The SFIT speakers seem to be a part of the MB 8000 and 6000 series from the spec sheet.

Crossing my fingers for Friday, but not optimistic due to everyone on here getting the SFIT.

Also the QP9 is a much better bar and the QP series has a 10 year Manufacturer's Warranty and the SFIT have a 7 year warranty....so all in all, this is not the correct product that you guys are receiving.
post #189 of 321 Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 AM

It appears Dell's site has a mismash of information. I believe the warranty says 7 years on the website, so that is the one thing they got correct. Although, I think the warranty on the Sub was 7 years always.

Who knows....I'm still waiting for Dell to respond to me.
post #190 of 321 Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 AM

I just noticed that Dell had 2 part numbers for the mb10000. A3319355 which may be the sfit package, and a3875330 which has a more detailed description on their site. The manufacturer part number is the same listed on both pages. Seems odd that they would list the same product title and general descriptions and them sell @ 2 different price points without telling customer, or clearly marking differences on their site. Sigh, my invoice has the first part number so I'm not optimistic. Who knows I may get the good stuff and am driving myself crazy for nothin!
post #191 of 321 Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM

I got Dell to give me a $75 credit for their screw-up. I guess that is pretty good for what I got. The SF950 soundbar, SF150 satellites and the upgraded Baby Boomer sub. I hooked it up last night and it sounds good. Looks much nicer than what I had previously. I did not hook the Sub up yet, I have to make some space for it. So, for $225, I'm happy.
post #192 of 321 Old 04-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown88 View Post

I got Dell to give me a $75 credit for their screw-up. I guess that is pretty good for what I got. The SF950 soundbar, SF150 satellites and the upgraded Baby Boomer sub. I hooked it up last night and it sounds good. Looks much nicer than what I had previously. I did not hook the Sub up yet, I have to make some space for it. So, for $225, I'm happy.

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat here, sf150s and bar none sf950 (and baby boomer sub) instead of the quantum speakers... I just got off the phone with Dell, they offered me $35 dollars! I told them about this forum and others getting back 50-75, but they said that's all they could do. So I'm holding on to the speakers for now, will do a test this weekend and will call them back again a few times before my 21 days are up. I'll consider keeping them if they give me back $75.

Anyway, will let you know how they sound after this weekend.
post #193 of 321 Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown88 View Post

Hey doubledown88, would you mind posting your order number so I can give it to the Dell representative to verify that that's what they gave back to you? It may help in getting the rest of us some of this money back. It looks like how much we get back will depend on the mood of the manager in charge... maybe with a concrete example, they could extend the same offer to the rest of us.
post #194 of 321 Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Honestly, I think the only reason they gave me $75 back is because the ACCIDENTLY shipped me a Dell Streak 5 also. I called to ask about and they had no record, but since I called they wanted it back. I think it was a compromise. I'll look for my order #, but people on FatWallet and Slickdeals were getting $100 back, so I would look for those people to get your BEST deal.

So far, the speakers seems decent..still have yet to hook the sub up though
post #195 of 321 Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 AM

Regarding the MB10000, I'm not sure why you guys settled for the S-Fit speakers. I too was given the S-Fit. But CLEARLY the MB10000 is not the S-fit series. Although for some reason they sent me the Baby Boomer which is an upgrade from the sub that was supposed to be sent.

I called Dell, no help there but a $100.00 refund. A quick call to Pinnacle, they paid to have the speakers sent to their HQ. They then replaced those speakers with the QP series.

So all in all, I got the true MB10000 with an upgraded Sub for $199. An absolute steal imo. And let me tell you, this system rocks.

If you ask me, this was Pinnacle's doing. Wrong components in a MB10000 box. Great speakers, dirty sales tactics. Just call Pinnacle's sales department and get the replacement. They didn't give me any trouble about it.
post #196 of 321 Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM

I received my MB10000 system today. The package included the Baby Boomer sub, QP-9, and S-Fit 150 surrounds. Will call Dell and Pinnacle tomorrow to see what they will do.
post #197 of 321 Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM

After calling Dell 3-4 times and being on the phone over an hour I got someone from returns to agree to credit my account for $100.00. They first offered me $25.00. I replied that the amount was unreasonable considering the price difference for a pair of the QP-2's was $240.00 on Amazon. I did mention that they had offered other customers with the same problem $100.00
post #198 of 321 Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 AM

Make sure you call Pinnacle's sales department to get the replacements. I spoke to an Arin Roos and she was very helpful.
post #199 of 321 Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Has anyone ordered the MB11700 from Dell? Does it have the same problem of getting the SFIT series instead of the Q series?
post #200 of 321 Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbling View Post

Make sure you call Pinnacle's sales department to get the replacements. I spoke to an Arin Roos and she was very helpful.

Just got around to opening my MB10000 today (was delivered a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't aware of the S-Fit versus QP series problem until today), and unfortunately my set contains the SF905 and SF150 speakers. Will definitely give Dell and Pinnacle a call on Monday.

Does anyone have a copy of the spec sheets for the MB10000, which shows that the speakers are supposed to have the titanium tweeter (i.e., QP series)? I can't find them online anymore. Thanks in advance!
post #201 of 321 Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbling View Post

Regarding the MB10000, I'm not sure why you guys settled for the S-Fit speakers. I too was given the S-Fit. But CLEARLY the MB10000 is not the S-fit series. Although for some reason they sent me the Baby Boomer which is an upgrade from the sub that was supposed to be sent.

I called Dell, no help there but a $100.00 refund. A quick call to Pinnacle, they paid to have the speakers sent to their HQ. They then replaced those speakers with the QP series.

So all in all, I got the true MB10000 with an upgraded Sub for $199. An absolute steal imo. And let me tell you, this system rocks.

If you ask me, this was Pinnacle's doing. Wrong components in a MB10000 box. Great speakers, dirty sales tactics. Just call Pinnacle's sales department and get the replacement. They didn't give me any trouble about it.

Dirty sales tactics?! Oh c'mon, $#!t happens!

Pinnacle is a smaller U.S.-based boutique manufacturer with outstanding reviews and I highly doubt they are trying to screw you, or anyone, over. This appears to be a limited packaging error and Pinnacle remedied it immediately to your satisfaction and at no cost to you. Sure, a handful of customers were inconvenienced, but to ASSsume and trash talk them as deliberately trying to scam customers is talking out yer azz with absolutely no basis in fact. For all you know, these nice little HTIB systems are flying off the shelves so fast that Pinnacle is scrambling to keep up with the demand of a large reseller like Dell and made a few mistakes. I see that as a more plausible explanation.

If I received a wrong component in my box, once my little hissy-fit wore off I would make my one and only phone call to Dell. If that didn't produce the proper replacements, I would simply call Pinnacle and calmly explain the situation. That is where the power (and, perhaps most importantly, the inventory) to remedy the mistake lies and it seems to have worked perfectly well for you. Please keep that customer service experience in mind next time you think only price is the only important consideration when comparing U.S. and overseas manufactured products. Many domestic companies will bend over backwards to ensure customer satisfaction, and that my friend is priceless even if you don't have the capacity to notice.

In any event, I am not at all surprised that Dell is hesitant to cough up cash compensation for what is most likely none of their doing. Aside from a return and replacement, exactly what more do you think you're entitled to from a reseller?
post #202 of 321 Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 AM

Hey guys,

Dell has their Pinnacle MB 15700 7.1 - 2100 watt speaker systems on sale for $799 marked down from $2999. Seems like a great deal. The only thing is I can't find any reviews about the set, which kind of worries me. I checked the Pinnacle speaker thread here and nothing about this set. Seems like it is an incredible can't miss type of deal. Please let me know if you have any thoughts about this set or Pinnacle.

Thanks.
Doug
post #203 of 321 Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 AM

You may not find a review of the Dell exclusive MB15700 bundle, but you can certainly find reviews of the individual Quantum and Black Diamond series components that comprise the system. And, from what I read, all very positive vs. the competition even at the substantially higher 'ala-carte' retail prices mentioned in the reviews. Same holds true for the MB13700 system Quantum and Baby Boomer components. Top of the line audiophile equipment? For a good many it is, but at this price point both of these Dell bundles are high quality HTIBs, a great value and worthy of serious consideration IMHO.
post #204 of 321 Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM

I was going to go with the 15700 set until I thought about the space savings and went with the 13700 series. Hopefully I don't run into any issues with the "cheaper" speakers.

I was looking for something mid range, nothing amazing at this time, most likely for the bedroom, and I like the 13700
post #205 of 321 Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
If anyone has a need for QP5's or QP3's PM me. I've got some left over from a project.
post #206 of 321 Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm interested. send me a PM if you dont mind
post #207 of 321 Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Thanks to all for their insight. I figured I can't go wrong with the 15700 at Dell's pricing, so I went ahead and purchased them. Can't wait! I promise to let you know what I think, but I've still got to purchase a new receiver. I'm drooling over the Onyko tx-nr609. I think they would pair nicely. Any thought?
post #208 of 321 Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 AM

Liked: 11
Hey,
I have a question. I have a Onkyo HT-380 ( from the HT-S3300 ). My little brother blew my front speakers out. So I just plan on up'ing my speakers and keeping my receiver. Is the MB 8000 a good fit? Or should into something else? Also I don't know if the sub would work from that package, but there is nothing wrong with mine so that doesn't bother me.
post #209 of 321 Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 PM

I received my Pinnacle MB 15700 speaker set from Dell this afternoon..... I took a carefully eye to the outside of the boxes... all were correct except for the Sub Woofer. Instead of the Sonic 500 - 500 Watt sub, it included the PS Sub 225 - 225 Watt sub.... Big Mistake and totally what is NOT what is supposed to be in the set.

Pissed, I called Dell 3 foreign phone operators and 1 hour later. Dell offered me one choice.... Send the entire 4 large & heavy boxes back and they would send me an new set of the MB 15700 that would include the correct Sub. There is a HUGE difference between the two, both price-wise and performance-wise.

I asked the last lady if I would definitely receive the correct order this time. I asked her to pull it up on her screen and check the individual parts in the speaker set. She said she couldn't do it, but the PRODUCTION Department would make sure it was correct. I said, "Is that the SAME Production Department that sent me the wrong set hoping I wouldn't know the difference?" Silence...

I then told her the individual speakers, listed at Pinnacle's website, that are supposed to be in this MB 15700 setup at their dear, "Exclusive" Buddy Dell's online store. I told her to please ADD them into her notes so that the Production Department might read something besides the "Hot Teen Sex" Spam in their emails....

Totally ridiculous on Dell's part. I'm not blaming Pinnacle in anyway. Quick note, I had the Q15 box in my hands..... I was a bit aroused!

I'll let you guys know how it goes. There's much more to this story that I hope doesn't float to the top. Pardon the pun.

Dg
post #210 of 321 Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0312 View Post

Hey,
I have a question. I have a Onkyo HT-380 ( from the HT-S3300 ). My little brother blew my front speakers out. So I just plan on up'ing my speakers and keeping my receiver. Is the MB 8000 a good fit? Or should into something else? Also I don't know if the sub would work from that package, but there is nothing wrong with mine so that doesn't bother me.

Anyone?????
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page