Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page ) - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Speakers > Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page )

Speakers

jseifert1984's Avatar jseifert1984
11:28 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 325
10-03-2009 | Posts: 3
Pinnacle is not a name widely known among audio enthusiasts. This forum is to give individuals a more comprehensive knowledge through others thoughts and opinions.
jaeelarr's Avatar jaeelarr
12:34 PM Liked: 37
post #2 of 325
10-14-2009 | Posts: 587
I own 2 subs from Pinnacle and am extremely pleased with them.They completely fill up my apartment with room to spare.

With that said, I have no knowledge about their loudspeakers, but would like some feedback on them for future reference.
Pete's Avatar Pete
04:25 PM Liked: 29
post #3 of 325
10-14-2009 | Posts: 2,662
One of the reasons Pinnacle doesn't get a lot of visibility is because they go to market somewhat differently than most speaker manufactures. Though they do have a few traditional hi fi retailers, most of their business comes from Custom Installers who typically buy through distributors. They make excellent subs and speakers, however, and have been around for decades.
bioforce's Avatar bioforce
09:50 AM Liked: 15
post #4 of 325
10-15-2009 | Posts: 816
Have placed many Pinnacle Speakers with my clients who are always quite happy in that price/performance area.
doublechili's Avatar doublechili
10:44 AM Liked: 10
post #5 of 325
10-15-2009 | Posts: 82
A common request on these boards is for a smaller, on-wall speaker for surround duty. Pinnacle has a round, angled on-wall/ceiling speaker that would probably work well for people with tough surround speaker installation issues. I've never heard them. Anybody have any input on them?
12:20 PM Liked: 10
post #6 of 325
12-10-2009 | Posts: 82
I ordered a Pinnacle MicroBurst 10000 system on Thanksgiving from an authorized Pinnacle online seller, and I finally received it yesterday. I unpacked it but haven't set it up yet (and won't for awhile aside from testing that everything works). Very well-packaged (I hope they put half the effort into making them that did in packing them), and they're impressive looking speakers.

It's comprised of:

1 Quantum QP9 40" LCR bar speaker;
2 Quantum QP2 satellite speakers;
1 SubSonic 8" cube mini-sub;
and all mounting hardware.

I know LCR bars and mini-subs aren't popular around here for the most part, but this is exactly what I wanted for my 2nd system. I was thinking Pinnacle or Atlantic Tech, and I clicked through from Pinnacle's site to their authorized internet sellers and was amazed to see one of them selling this $2500 retail system for under $600 (less than the sub alone sells for). The actual install won't be until Jan/Feb, but I'll come back at some point with a report.

BTW, Pinnacle seems to be a quirky (in a good way) company. They're kind of like Ohm Acoustics in that they're a NY, small/family type company that's been around forever but doesn't get a lot of buzz in the press or on these sites.
aharris's Avatar aharris
07:48 PM Liked: 10
post #7 of 325
12-10-2009 | Posts: 165
I have the MB 10000, purchased from Dell. Take my advice, test out the system before the return period expires.

Andy
07:21 AM Liked: 10
post #8 of 325
12-11-2009 | Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aharris View Post

I have the MB 10000, purchased from Dell. Take my advice, test out the system before the return period expires.

Andy

Will do. Just curious, defect or sound quality issue?
aharris's Avatar aharris
04:23 PM Liked: 10
post #9 of 325
12-11-2009 | Posts: 165
The center and right channels drop out, and the sub is slap-happy. The sub is either silent, or over modulated, which results in what I call woofer slap.

Both of mine are going back.....I cant imaging paying retail for this.....
06:21 PM Liked: 10
post #10 of 325
12-11-2009 | Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aharris View Post

The center and right channels drop out, and the sub is slap-happy. The sub is either silent, or over modulated, which results in what I call woofer slap.

Both of mine are going back.....I cant imaging paying retail for this.....

Ok, thanks. I'll defintely test them before the deadline.
aggrobot's Avatar aggrobot
11:57 AM Liked: 10
post #11 of 325
12-30-2009 | Posts: 30
A long time ago a friend of mine loaned me an old pinnacle sub that his father-in-law gave to him. He didn't have any use for it and it was just collecting dust in a closet so he said I could take it. This thing was relatively small, and I was most surprised by how heavy it was given its size. After getting it all hooked up it was obvious that the sub was of extremely high quality. at 1/3rd volume, it shook my whole house. I tried looking up anything I could find on the brand/model but couldn't find anything but the website for pinnaclespeakers.com, so I finally emailed them. In 2 days they got back to me with not only a reply but a congratulations. I guess my friend had loaned me a very old banged up (but still highly functional) digitalsub 600 (check out the specs, its impressive). At the time, it was their flagship sub and from the sound of it, I could see why. I'd not heard bass response that impressive (or loud) outside of a movie theater. Anyway, not wanting to rip my buddy off, I told him about the speaker he loaned me and he took it back. That was my first experience with pinnacle, so I was eager to jump on the sale. I ended up ordering the pinnacle mb8000.

It could be that I'm replacing an antiquated system - yamaha yht-750, but I've been really pleased with the sound. I was left with the impression that my old yamaha htr 5740 didn't have the juice to power them (I could turn the receiver all the way up with zero distortion) and it still sounded like it could take more. I ended up locating on onkyo 606 of some local classifieds for a STEAL, and the combination of both the 606 and the mb8000 has made me very happy.

there is some "slap happiness" to the sub. I consider this to be VERY common with smaller subs. It's a 300 w amp driving an 8 inch speaker. its very responsive, but yes, once you get to "room shaking" volumes there can be some distortion. I haven't owned a ton of equipment, but I've seen a LOT of smaller drivers that "thwonk" out when turned up too loud. I've also seen a lot of larger subs that sound pretty sloppy and muffled when loud. I think its all about tuning your gear properly for the listening environment you like. I found it can be minimized by turning down the volume on the amp (of the sub) until the point of clarity, turning down the EQ on your receiver, or maybe a combination of both. Setting up new amp + speakers can take time to fine tune to the way *I LIKE IT*. That being said I'm pleased with the results so far.
10:24 PM Liked: 10
post #12 of 325
01-10-2010 | Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrobot View Post

A long time ago a friend of mine loaned me an old pinnacle sub that his father-in-law gave to him. He didn't have any use for it and it was just collecting dust in a closet so he said I could take it. This thing was relatively small, and I was most surprised by how heavy it was given its size. After getting it all hooked up it was obvious that the sub was of extremely high quality. at 1/3rd volume, it shook my whole house. I tried looking up anything I could find on the brand/model but couldn't find anything but the website for pinnaclespeakers.com, so I finally emailed them. In 2 days they got back to me with not only a reply but a congratulations. I guess my friend had loaned me a very old banged up (but still highly functional) digitalsub 600 (check out the specs, its impressive). At the time, it was their flagship sub and from the sound of it, I could see why. I'd not heard bass response that impressive (or loud) outside of a movie theater. Anyway, not wanting to rip my buddy off, I told him about the speaker he loaned me and he took it back. That was my first experience with pinnacle, so I was eager to jump on the sale. I ended up ordering the pinnacle mb8000.

It could be that I'm replacing an antiquated system - yamaha yht-750, but I've been really pleased with the sound. I was left with the impression that my old yamaha htr 5740 didn't have the juice to power them (I could turn the receiver all the way up with zero distortion) and it still sounded like it could take more. I ended up locating on onkyo 606 of some local classifieds for a STEAL, and the combination of both the 606 and the mb8000 has made me very happy.

there is some "slap happiness" to the sub. I consider this to be VERY common with smaller subs. It's a 300 w amp driving an 8 inch speaker. its very responsive, but yes, once you get to "room shaking" volumes there can be some distortion. I haven't owned a ton of equipment, but I've seen a LOT of smaller drivers that "thwonk" out when turned up too loud. I've also seen a lot of larger subs that sound pretty sloppy and muffled when loud. I think its all about tuning your gear properly for the listening environment you like. I found it can be minimized by turning down the volume on the amp (of the sub) until the point of clarity, turning down the EQ on your receiver, or maybe a combination of both. Setting up new amp + speakers can take time to fine tune to the way *I LIKE IT*. That being said I'm pleased with the results so far.

I have the MB10000 and was impressed with the results when I set up the two small surround speakers with the sub as a 2:1 setup with music. I didn't have time to break them in and didn't get up to very high volumes, so I didn't run into any sub issues. I agree with you about the tuning, which is huge with a system like this.

I figured there would be some trade-offs with such small, decor-friendly speakers, but in a limited listen they sound good. I prepared myself for a big dropoff from the NHT Classic 3s w/Classic 12 sub that I swapped out, but was pleasantly surprised once I ran the Pinnacles. I'll have to report back later once I get the whole thing installed, broken in, tweaked and lived-with for awhile (still in the room remodel phase).
Griff1324's Avatar Griff1324
09:08 AM Liked: 27
post #13 of 325
01-20-2010 | Posts: 193
For those of you that have these speakers, what's the word? How do they sound?

I just picked up the MB8000's for my dad. They will be going in a fairly small living room. While I couldn't find any reviews, based on the specs and the build quality people have mentioned, I figured that I would be hard pressed to find a better speaker system for the $350 that I paid. Hell, I may even be hard pressed to find a better speaker system for 2x as much.
ikeconde's Avatar ikeconde
01:56 PM Liked: 10
post #14 of 325
01-21-2010 | Posts: 2
I received (yesterday) the MB10000 looking forward to buy the Onkyo TX-NR5007 and because someone mentioned the lack of surround at the front because the front sound bar ( I haven't tried the speakers yet), I'm thinking in buying a MB8000 and use the LCRs for front height and the rest to complete a 9.2 setup... buying the mb8000 is not a big problem ~$300 but man... the NR5007 goes for around $1900... considering to settle down with the NR1007 for around $1k
by the way are (mb8000) front LCRs S-FIT LCR 250? they run pretty affordable in ebay if so maybe some for ~$60 will solve my problem but damn... then the mb6000 is about 4 of them... getting nut
Griff1324's Avatar Griff1324
01:59 PM Liked: 27
post #15 of 325
01-22-2010 | Posts: 193
Can someone please chime in and let me know how these speakers sound?
06:19 PM Liked: 10
post #16 of 325
01-22-2010 | Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1324 View Post

Can someone please chime in and let me know how these speakers sound?

I don't have any newer feedback than what I posted in #12 above for the MB10000. I was pleased with what I heard from the satellites and sub listening 2:1. I'm at least a couple weeks out from installing the full system.

I think, as you said, for $350 I doubt you'd do much better for a 5:1 system. The sub in the MB8000 is the Subcompact 8, BTW, which retails for more than $350 by itself, for what that's worth (although I do think Pinnacle's retail prices are inflated, probably since they sell a lot through installers).
kketron's Avatar kketron
09:21 PM Liked: 10
post #17 of 325
01-30-2010 | Posts: 9
Hello, all - I would greatly appreciate any input. I am putting a new budget Home Theater system together, with the anchor being a Yamaha RX-V465. I have read a lot about different 5.1 speaker systems, and am curious if anyone has any personal experience with the following (unfortunately, no retailers in my area carry them so I can not personally audition). The 5.1 systems under consideration are the Pinnacle MB6000 (can buy today for $248), th Pinnacle MB8000 (can buy today for $348) and the Definitive Technology ProCinema 60.6 system (can buy today for $399). I would like to stay at < $400. Has anyone A/B'd these, and, are there any other 5.1 systems that I should consider from the "big box" retailers i.e. Polk, Klipsch, etc? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.......
Ifoonu's Avatar Ifoonu
09:46 AM Liked: 10
post #18 of 325
02-04-2010 | Posts: 22
Same situation as kketron. There's nothing (info) out there on the MB6000 or MB8000. Is anyone here familar with the brand and these systems? I'm also considering the Def Tech 60.6 and Energy Take 5s, which a lot has been written about. But, Dell has good deals on the Pinnacles. Just have no idea whether they are worth it compared to similar systems. Would appreciate any comments.
pmicali1's Avatar pmicali1
09:15 AM Liked: 10
post #19 of 325
02-12-2010 | Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifoonu View Post

Same situation as kketron. There's nothing (info) out there on the MB6000 or MB8000. Is anyone here familar with the brand and these systems? I'm also considering the Def Tech 60.6 and Energy Take 5s, which a lot has been written about. But, Dell has good deals on the Pinnacles. Just have no idea whether they are worth it compared to similar systems. Would appreciate any comments.

It looks like the MB6000 comes with (4) 3-inch 2-way satellites, a slightly beefier 3-inch 2-way center and a 125w sub, whereas the MB8000 substitutes the front R & L speakers with larger, 3-way units and a 300w sub. In my mind, probably worth the extra cash!

I'm also in the same boat kketron and Ifoonu however as I can't decide on whether or not to take the jump and buy one of these 2 sets. I just upgraded my entire system except for the speakers: switched out an old Toshiba 34" CRT HDTV (34HF85) with the Panasonic 50" Plasma (P50G10), and I swapped my old receiver as well (Yamaha HTR 5740 replaced with a new Denon 790). The speakers are the final piece of the puzzle and I'm seriously considering these vs. a comparable system from Polk or Yamaha, etc.

Any input/user reviews would be greatly appreciated!!
mgproudfit's Avatar mgproudfit
09:43 AM Liked: 10
post #20 of 325
02-12-2010 | Posts: 181
I ordered the MB8000 and unpacked them last night. I have to say the packaging was outstanding. Quality seems top notch and I cannot wait to get them installed! Im mating these up to a Denon AVR-1610 receiver, PS3, and 37" Toshiba 720P LCD tv. Im sooo stoked.

-Matt
09:44 AM Liked: 10
post #21 of 325
btw, cannot comment on sound yet. Ill be hooking everything up next weekend.

-Matt
Ifoonu's Avatar Ifoonu
11:54 AM Liked: 10
post #22 of 325
02-12-2010 | Posts: 22
mgproudfit, would love to hear your comments on how your MB8000 sounds. I have heard the Pinnacles are top quality in build and substance. But, there are no reviews on how they sound.

Meanwhile, there's a nice deal on the Paradigm Cinema 70 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradigm-Cinem...=5336055023-20

I wonder how does the Pinnacles compare to that, for instance?
07:57 PM Liked: 10
post #23 of 325
I'll be sure to report back!!

-matt
11:13 AM Liked: 10
post #24 of 325
02-15-2010 | Posts: 181
Any new owners out there?
rawag77's Avatar rawag77
12:50 PM Liked: 10
post #25 of 325
02-18-2010 | Posts: 3
Mine are on the way from Dell and should be getting here early next week. I was hesitant to buy based on absolutely no reviews out there. But for $350 and a solid reputation I decided to take a chance. I'll post back when they're setup.
09:06 AM Liked: 10
post #26 of 325
02-19-2010 | Posts: 181
Yea, mine should be setup tonight or tomorrow. Im sooooooo stoked!!!!

-Matt
clownlogic's Avatar clownlogic
11:18 AM Liked: 10
post #27 of 325
02-20-2010 | Posts: 10
Another lurker here -- considering an 8000 or 10000 purchase since I have a $300 Dell gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Any reports from new users? How's the sound quality? Esp interested in reviews of the Sub on the 10000 (the SubSonic, it would seem.)

My listening levels are very moderate, classical music, some movies, in a 12x20 living room with 9 foot ceiling. Need very decor-friendly speakers as WAF is huge, i.e. as close to invisible as possible.

Receiver will be a Pioneer 1019 or a Denon 1910.

Thanks!
punisherofall's Avatar punisherofall
02:49 PM Liked: 10
post #28 of 325
02-20-2010 | Posts: 445
About a year and a half ago, I had some "points" to spend from my company (they used a reward website) based on sales performance. I didn't need anything except new speakers. They had the old pinnacle sys6000 which was the same as the dell 6500 or whatever the entry was. I had never heard of pinnacle and looked at their website. I decided to get this set up after reading some reviews. I was very surprised how good this set up sounded and I got it for "free" with earned points. Fast forward to the deal on the dell site for the 8000 and 10000. I opted for the 8000 because you still have seperates up front. The subwoofer that comes with this set up is the pinnacle subcompact 8. If you go to the pinnacle speakers website you can look at the specs. It goes down to 27 hz -3db. I am shocked at how great the 8000 set up sounds. it may not shake my whole house, but for 350 bucks shipped I am floored. I am running a Denon 2807 and performed proper audyssey eq set up. I listen to techno, rap, pop anything except country and this set up sounds fantastic. Blu-ray sounds equally fantastic. I love how small these speakers are, but how big they sound. The sub is especially impressive 300 watts with nice low end response fills the room with a great sound. I hope others enjoy their speakers as much as I am. For the price you can't go wrong ( the subcompact 8 retails for $699 alone and on sale is usually $350-$400).
08:40 PM Liked: 10
post #29 of 325
02-20-2010 | Posts: 181
If you're debating getting these speakers or not, go ahead and purchase them. They sound simply outstanding.

Longer review forthcoming.

-Matt
ironbadge's Avatar ironbadge
12:49 PM Liked: 11
post #30 of 325
02-28-2010 | Posts: 142
Hello,
Me too I am anxiously waiting for the report
What AVR is recommended for this set?

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread