Klipsch B-2, Energy C-50, or something else? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I've been lurking the forums for a while, trying to read up and not repost questions, but finally decided to take the plunge and go for broke. I'm getting ready to finish my basement and set up a home theater system. The TV/theater room will be 14' wide by 20' long, with the seating area in approximately the middle (10' back). One wall is open along the back half of the room (again, from 10'-20' measured from where the TV would sit), connecting it to the rest of the basement. The TV and LCR speakers will rest on a 3-foot high cabinet that comes out 1' from the wall.

I'm working with a graduate-student budget, so I was thinking about building a Klipsch B-2 system over time; I'd start with two B-2s, and add in the C-1, S-1, and sub over time as my budget allowed. I've listened to music on a set of Promedia 2.1s a long time ago and really enjoyed it - no perceivable listener fatigue at all. That being said, given how often this problem is cited with regards to Klipschs, I'm a little apprehensive.

As the title suggests, I'm also considering building an Energy C-50 system instead. Unfortunately the nearest authorized dealer for Energy systems is a 70 mile drive away, so I wouldn't be able to listen to them before I buy them.

My most pertinent questions are these:

Which system do the majority of you all prefer - the Klipsch B-2 or the Energy C-50?

Alternatively, what other systems/manufacturers would you recommend?

Finally, given that my bookcase speakers will only sit 1' from the back wall, should I be looking at satellites (Quintet III, Energy Takes, etc.) instead?

Sorry if I'm just rehashing an old question, but I couldn't find a clear-cut comparison between the two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi lpants,
Having heard both, I prefer the klipsch.
I think actually given the price of the B3's (less than the B2's) at vanns, I'd go with the B3's, C3 center and s1 surrounds..
Vanns also has the quintet iii's at 199 right now, so that's a good deal too..