post #31 of 38 Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkip View Post

my god the guy came in here asking for a budget setup and you guys make it seem like its impossible to get a decent setup under 1k.......i get the feeling every one here is a CEO making 60k a year.

CEO making $60 thousand a year? Try million. LOL

I don't think that's the premise of the recommendations, most are genuinely trying to help him get a better bang for the buck, and not just suggesting you can't put together a reasonable system for under $1k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs View Post

It is a very good deal, I would definitely want to confirm that they work though, maybe bring your receiver with you?

Those fronts should keep you from upgrade-itis for awhile, you are leapfrogging into audiophile territory with those bad boys!

The sub is OK, that would be the thing that I would want to upgrade, but it's definitely "good enough."

Another thing, Paradigm holds their value pretty well, if you do get the urge to upgrade you should be able to sell without taking a loss (depending on your wheeling & dealing today - although I would just pay the $700 and leave smiling if he spent much time hooking them up & verifying that they work).

Do the speakers look like this? http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....40-version-4-n

Ron

Yes, Ron, they look pretty much exactly like those. But they are from 2002, so I would guess V.2 maybe? I forgot to look. I'm sure he would let me bring my 607 over and hook it up, it's just a pain unhooking everything. But maybe it's worth it, huh? Like I said you can't tell these from new, so I doubt there would be any problems with them. I'm thinking on it, but I'm sure I would love them paired up to my 607. I guess biggest worry is whether I would be happier with this setup or put the money into an HSU/ED sub and a different set of fronts? Cuz the wife would never go for this setup and then another sub upgrade. I'm sure I'd be looking at divorce papers!!
post #33 of 38 Old 11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassnlogan View Post

Yes, Ron, they look pretty much exactly like those. But they are from 2002, so I would guess series2 maybe? I forgot to look. I'm sure he would let me bring my 607 over and hook it up, it's just a pain unhooking everything. But maybe it's worth it, huh? Like I said you can't tell these from new, so I doubt there would be any problems with them. I'm thinking on it, but I'm sure I would love them paired up to my 607.

So more like this? Selling for $750 for pair?

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ce-Studio-40/-

A similar sub is used on Audiogon for $250, didn't see a cc6 but I'm guessing those would go for around $300

If I would have run across this deal in Seattle last week those speakers would be in my living room right now and I'd be trying to figure out what to do with the $500 left over...

Ron
post #34 of 38 Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Don't know where you guys are going with this paradigm stuff on this thread...

Anywho,

I picked up some used Onix Rocket RS-150s and an Onix Rocket RSC100 center channel last night for $325. Now all I need to do is pick up a receiver, sub, and some cables.

What does everyone think of my purchase? The speakers sound great and are in mint condition.

thinking of going with the ed A2-300 sub and Onkyo 607...

will that be a pretty sweet 3.1 setup for primarily blu-ray viewing and alittle music listening?
post #35 of 38 Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 419
sounds like a very nice setup. Good looking speakers too.

Afro GT
post #36 of 38 Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 AM

One last post on the Paradigms and then I'll go to the Paradigm thread. I was able to get the Studio 40's and the center for $300!! You can't tell these things from new--they are that nice. I am soooo happy.
post #37 of 38 Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

One last post on the Paradigms and then I'll go to the Paradigm thread. I was able to get the Studio 40's and the center for $300!! You can't tell these things from new--they are that nice. I am soooo happy.

Insanely good deal.
post #38 of 38 Old 11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Somebody call the cops.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page