Official BIC Venturi Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 514 Old Today, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yes. I'm still doing the DV62si mods and you are correct about the sub. A sub cannot balance the overall response of a speaker. What you end up with is an unbalanced sound with a good bump at the bottom. It's not necessary but I run a sub with my BICs but that is only to reinforce the lowest range. This setup gives better sound than floorstanders without physically dominating the room. The sub is hidden and people only see the BICs (which I have wall mounted) and are blown away by the fullness. It's a live performance sound.
Dom Di Stroia likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 514 Old Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Does anyone have any experience w/ the BIC FH6-LCRs used for LRC? I see a lot of people own/like the DV62si line, and both models seem to have come out around the same time. I owned 3 of the DV62 CLRs a few years back, but ended up rotating them out. I'm interested is hearing the horn loaded version (I have one of the FH6's out for delivery to me today.)
Are there any mods out there for these, in case the HF is overbearing? Looking for a bit more punch & clarity, but not icepick levels. I have a chance to get two more used ones at a good price, so am hoping this one sounds good in my setup.
post #513 of 514 Old Today, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoofar View Post
Does anyone have any experience w/ the BIC FH6-LCRs used for LRC? I see a lot of people own/like the DV62si line, and both models seem to have come out around the same time. I owned 3 of the DV62 CLRs a few years back, but ended up rotating them out. I'm interested is hearing the horn loaded version (I have one of the FH6's out for delivery to me today.)
Are there any mods out there for these, in case the HF is overbearing? Looking for a bit more punch & clarity, but not icepick levels. I have a chance to get two more used ones at a good price, so am hoping this one sounds good in my setup.

Don't know.

But, according to "Corey340" (and his microphone), the output of the FH6-LCR is deep, but somewhat erratic:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R199UYDD7RYCK3/
post #514 of 514 Old Today, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Di Stroia View Post
Don't know.

But, according to "Corey340" (and his microphone), the output of the FH6-LCR is deep, but somewhat erratic:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R199UYDD7RYCK3/
Yeah Corey...well, if I was planning on listening to just test tones, I probably would chose his "reference" speakers to do so with.
Got the single speaker today, (was a bit suprised how lighter & smaller it is than what I have currently) pulled out my Primus C351, put in the BIC, ran Audyssey multi32EQ 8 times, then played some Avatar & later Mr. Robot. Audyssey set x-over for it at 60hz, which I left. For this short time of listening, it seems to punch thru fairly well, doesn't sound tizzy or harsh. Not sure yet if I want to commit to getting 2 more & then finding out they don't cut it like I had hoped, but yet it sounds pretty nice so far.... HF does not appear to be over bearing either.
Wish there was such a thing as speaker lending libraries.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Awm Bic Venturi Bookshelf Speakers , Bic Venturi , Bic Venturi Dv32 Speaker , Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1020 , Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1220 , DV62si/DV62clr
Gear in this thread