Official BIC Venturi Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #601 of 604 Old 02-08-2017, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yes, the BICs do accept banana plugs and yes, send a pm.

BIC DV62si speaker mod for warm musical sound. PM me for info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 604 Old 02-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
Yes, the BICs do accept banana plugs and yes, send a pm.
Well i finally got off my butt and ordered these. Will have them by the weekend. 4x dv62si, 1 dv62clrs, and v1020 for bass duty. Was going to go with the F12 and still might if the 10 inch doesn't get it done. thank you to all the BIC owners who offered up advice, comparisons and thoughts. Cant wait to hear them.
post #603 of 604 Old 02-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
And in order to send a PM to @Dave1027 I need to have a post count of at least 15. So this makes 14.

post #604 of 604 Old Today, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great Room Expansion Project

Sure glad to come across this BIC tread. I'm planning a new HT arrangement for our great room which we are expanding by 200 sq ft. I will be upgrading the TV to 65", wall mounted above a run of built in cabinets. My current surround/AVR setup is an older Denon 590 pushing a Polk RM6751 package -- 5.1 with Polk sub. The system is ok for what it is but the overall audio performance is just so-so. Given that I'll be expanding the room by additional 9'X22' by moving the outside wall (dominated by two 6' sliders) out 9' (enclosing an existing covered porch area) I can wire up the new system during the construction. Which brings me to BIC. I could go with bookshelf L/R/C/rears. I could go with L/R/C in wall with bookshelf rears or I could go with L/R/C in wall with ceiling mount rears. The ceiling mount is problematic in that the ceiling is vaulted from 8' on the outside to about 14' centerline of the room. I can't go with in wall rears as that space will be open to the kitchen area. The viewing and sound field will be toward the perimeter outside wall. I will also upgrade the AVR to a current Denon 5.1 or better system that accommodates UHD pass thru.

So, my questions are: In wall/ceiling or bookshelf (don't want towers)? Which models? I will likely retain the Polk sub for the time being. I would post a drawing if I could get a good recommendation for a room layout app that I can figure out how to work.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Awm Bic Venturi Bookshelf Speakers , Bic Venturi , Bic Venturi Dv32 Speaker , Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1020 , Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1220 , DV62si/DV62clr
Gear in this thread