AVS Forum banner
145K views 654 replies 160 participants last post by  brad1138 
#1 ·
I just wanted to start an ***Official*** BIC Venturi thread. I will be updating this post in the next few days with pictures of my setup once I get it set up but I wanted to start this thread so BIC Venturi owner's and enthusiasts have somewhere to go. Owner's of the DV62CLR-S center, the DV64 towers, DV84 towers, DV62si surrounds, DV1020 powered subwoofer, DV1220 powered subwoofer, and more post here!

I just purchased three of the BIC DV62CLR-S from KMart.com for a very good price. Two arrived today and the other should be arriving tomorrow. I am using three of the DV62CLR-S as my LF, Center, and RF. The DV62CLR-S has the exact same speakers as the DV64 towers, just a different cabinet. Just fyi for everyone!

I am pairing my new 3.0 setup with a Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver.

Any other Venturi owner's out there??? Let's get this started!

http://www.bicamerica.com/%22%5dhttp...icamerica.com/

#2 ·
I will bump my own thread! Just found an AWESOME price on the BIC DV62CLR-S center channel from an authorized dealer. Will be returning my online order to the local retailer of the same name. The e-tailer/retailer will not apply the coupons codes I found today to my existing order placed on 12-4. Frustrating. Oh well. Free shipping first time around and the second time around as well. They are really costing themselves money.

Update 12-16: Got the 2nd shipment of BICs in Monday. Went yesterday and returned the 2nd shipment (identical items ordered) using the invoice from the 1st shipment. Didn't receive any kind of receipt and only had my packing slip with the order number. Ended up saving an additional $40 because they returned the items to me at a higher price than what I bought them at! I ended up saving $65 over the initial order!

#3 ·
I was hoping someone could tell me how these compare to the BIC Acoustech horn type speakers such as the PL-26 and Formula FH6-LCR.

I had planned on :

(1) PL-26 center

(2) PL-76 front L/R

(4) PL-66 surrounds

I wonder what I could put together with the Venturi models that would give me great home theater movie sound?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedius /forum/post/17690846

I was hoping someone could tell me how these compare to the BIC Acoustech horn type speakers such as the PL-26 and Formula FH6-LCR.

I had planned on :

(1) PL-26 center

(2) PL-76 front L/R

(4) PL-66 surrounds

I wonder what I could put together with the Venturi models that would give me great home theater movie sound?

What I have been advised from Ed Frias of EFE Technologies is to go with 3 of the BIC Venturi DV62CLR-S. In reading both user and pro reviews the DV64 towers are said to sound very good but with me having a small room without a lot of space 3 of the 62s are perfect. Ed confirmed what I suspected. The Venturi 62 Center and the 64 towers have the exact same speakers and speaker layout, just different cabinets.

Part of the decision kinda depends on your room size and whether or not you want towers but to me having the exact same truly matched front stage was the way to go for me. The 62s are about 19" tall and just about 8" wide when standing up so for my listening purposes I am looking for a pair of small 12" stands. In my opinion which is based solely on my research at this point since I just setup 2.0 of my 3.0 system; but in my opinion three of the 62s is the best front stage setup for the Venturis. About all I know about the difference between the Venturis and the Acoustechs is the horn tweeter. So do you like the horn sound? Have you heard and prefer the brighter horn speakers (such as Klipsch) or do you prefer a warmer speaker? This is a very simplified differential but from everything I have read, including the Acoustech thread here, that is a lot of what it comes down to! My father-in law has a 5.1 Klipsch setup that he has had for a few years now that I listen to often and it is still just too bright for my preferences. To each their own.

In my research it seems that either with the Venturis in stock form after a break-in period or sending Ed your crossovers (he does 64 towers, 62 centers, and 62si surrounds so the whole 5.0 package) to get the reportedly fantastic $22 upgrade, people are always satisfied either at stage 1 or if not, definitely by stage 2. I have read plenty of reviews on Amazon and other places of people being very happy with the OOB sound and feeling their is no need for the upgrade. So even if you decide the Acoustech is a better speaker, you have to decide how much better it is and what it's worth for that difference. For my money it wasn't worth approximately twice the coin for the comparable Acoustech setup. The equivelent sized Venturi setup would consist of 2*DV64 towers, 1*DV62 center, and 2*DV62si rears. From everything I have read the Venturi subs are not great subs and are not recommended mainly just to not being a loud enough or strong enough sub. Right now there are some spectacular sales on the Venturi speakers but since I'm not sure what's within the rules I won't put anything in my post here but I just ordered them myself so I have current information.

I will report back once I have had the speakers for awhile and let you know what I think. I'm running them with crappy 16ga (really 18ga in my wire strippers) that I had lying around. I ordered speaker wire and all kinds of cables from http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ that should be here by Friday or Saturday since it was shipped Priority mail. At that point I can at least give you my impression of my 3.0 Venturi setup. Hopefully for both our sake's others who maybe have a full 5.1 BIC Venturi setup and/or have had their Venturi setup for awhile can chime in. I'm not sure how helpful I was but hopefully I helped at least some!
lol

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 /forum/post/17691378

What I have been advised from Ed Frias of EFE Technologies is to go with 3 of the BIC Venturi DV62CLR-S. In reading both user and pro reviews the DV64 towers are said to sound very good but with me having a small room without a lot of space 3 of the 62s are perfect. Ed confirmed what I suspected. The Venturi 62 Center and the 64 towers have the exact same speakers and speaker layout, just different cabinets.

Part of the decision kinda depends on your room size and whether or not you want towers but to me having the exact same truly matched front stage was the way to go for me. The 62s are about 19" tall and just about 8" wide when standing up so for my listening purposes I am looking for a pair of small 12" stands. In my opinion which is based solely on my research at this point since I just setup 2.0 of my 3.0 system; but in my opinion three of the 62s is the best front stage setup for the Venturis. About all I know about the difference between the Venturis and the Acoustechs is the horn tweeter. So do you like the horn sound? Have you heard and prefer the brighter horn speakers (such as Klipsch) or do you prefer a warmer speaker? This is a very simplified differential but from everything I have read, including the Acoustech thread here, that is a lot of what it comes down to! My father-in law has a 5.1 Klipsch setup that he has had for a few years now that I listen to often and it is still just too bright for my preferences. To each their own.

In my research it seems that either with the Venturis in stock form after a break-in period or sending Ed your crossovers (he does 64 towers, 62 centers, and 62si surrounds so the whole 5.0 package) to get the reportedly fantastic $22 upgrade, people are always satisfied either at stage 1 or if not, definitely by stage 2. I have read plenty of reviews on Amazon and other places of people being very happy with the OOB sound and feeling their is no need for the upgrade. So even if you decide the Acoustech is a better speaker, you have to decide how much better it is and what it's worth for that difference. For my money it wasn't worth approximately twice the coin for the comparable Acoustech setup. The equivelent sized Venturi setup would consist of 2*DV64 towers, 1*DV62 center, and 2*DV62si rears. From everything I have read the Venturi subs are not great subs and are not recommended mainly just to not being a loud enough or strong enough sub. Right now there are some spectacular sales on the Venturi speakers but since I'm not sure what's within the rules I won't put anything in my post here but I just ordered them myself so I have current information.

I will report back once I have had the speakers for awhile and let you know what I think. I'm running them with crappy 16ga (really 18ga in my wire strippers) that I had lying around. I ordered speaker wire and all kinds of cables from http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ that should be here by Friday or Saturday since it was shipped Priority mail. At that point I can at least give you my impression of my 3.0 Venturi setup. Hopefully for both our sake's others who maybe have a full 5.1 BIC Venturi setup and/or have had their Venturi setup for awhile can chime in. I'm not sure how helpful I was but hopefully I helped at least some!
lol

You have caused me to rethink this. I just did side by side price comparison based on the best prices I could find which were internet versus MSRP of course, and savings would be a little over $300. My set up is 7.1 instead of 5.1 so that means (4) surrounds. Before I make final decision, I'm sure I need to visit Best Buy so that I can listen to both horn & dome types because up until a few days ago, I did not even know there were two different speaker types much less ever having compared the two. It is hard for me to imagine that horn speakers could sound $300 better than dome speakers. But, I also do not wish to compromise sound quality.

#6 ·
So now I have this plan which will save lots of money. (approx. $360)

(1) DV62CLR-S - center

(2) DV64 towers - front - L/R

(4) DV62si - surrounds

This will all be used with an F12 sub & Onkyo HT-R560 AVR (75 watts per channel). My current speakers are Onkyo HTIB type. My existing speaker wire is 16 gauge in-wall type.

I had considered using two of the DV62's for front-L/R instead of the towers which I still may, but want to find out from someone just how much difference there is between them.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedius /forum/post/17695367

So now I have this plan which will save lots of money. (approx. $360)

(1) DV62CLR-S - center

(2) DV64 towers - front - L/R

(4) DV62si - surrounds

This will all be used with an F12 sub & Onkyo HT-R560 AVR (75 watts per channel). My current speakers are Onkyo HTIB type. My existing speaker wire is 16 gauge in-wall type.

I had considered using two of the DV62's for front-L/R instead of the towers which I still may, but want to find out from someone just how much difference there is between them.

If you have the space and want to use it and also want more low end out of your front L+R then the 64s are a fine choice. From what I have been told by Ed and others is that if you have a sub you don't need the 64s for low end. The only difference is a different cabinet, both the 64s and 62s have twin 6'5" drivers and the same tweeter.

So far in a little over 24 hrs my 3 X 62s setup sounds great considering all the things working against me.

(1) Poor Imaging - I need to get stands to get the LF+RF speakers about a foot higher

(2)No sub - I haven't turned it up yet but I think I am lucky I have a small room cuz the low end actually seems to sound ok so far

(3) Crappy Cable - I live out in BFE and couldn't find anything better than 16ga speaker wire (which according to my wire cutter/stripper is really only 18ga)

I should be correcting 2/3 soon. Shopping for stands currently with a quick purchase in mind. I also ordered 12ga speaker wire (short runs less than 10'), an additional HDMI cable, and two digital audio cables all from from bluejeanscable.com.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 /forum/post/17696433

If you have the space and want to use it and also want more low end out of your front L+R then the 64s are a fine choice. From what I have been told by Ed and others is that if you have a sub you don't need the 64s for low end. The only difference is a different cabinet, both the 64s and 62s have twin 6'5" drivers and the same tweeter.

So far in a little over 24 hrs my 3 X 62s setup sounds great considering all the things working against me.

(1) Poor Imaging - I need to get stands to get the LF+RF speakers about a foot higher

(2)No sub - I haven't turned it up yet but I think I am lucky I have a small room cuz the low end actually seems to sound ok so far

(3) Crappy Cable - I live out in BFE and couldn't find anything better than 16ga speaker wire (which according to my wire cutter/stripper is really only 18ga)

I should be correcting 2/3 soon. Shopping for stands currently with a quick purchase in mind. I also ordered 12ga speaker wire (short runs less than 10'), an additional HDMI cable, and two digital audio cables all from from bluejeanscable.com.

I considered going with three of the DV62's but, I know I wouldv'e always wondered "what if". Plus it is pretty large room and with towers, I would not have the hassle of trying to find stands to fit the DV62's. I checked last night and the existing stands I am now using for the Onkyo vertically mounted mains would be a bit too small and unstable for the DV62's.

Speaker wire is 16 gauge CL3 in wall rated.

I just put in my order for the the DV62CLR-S center channel speaker today. I have (4) DV62si book shelf speakers (for surrounds) spotted and hopefully will be able to order them late next week. The DV64's will take a bit longer.

#9 ·
So a week later and a bit of an update. Have been playing the two BIC Venturi DV62CLRS's upright as LF and RF and they sound really good to me. They are about 19" tall and on the floor right now so the imaging leaves something to be desired
Ordered some stands off EBay Tuesday that are 27" which puts me about 4" above the 42" listening position. I had to get a bit of a taller stand because of space issues. The stands should be here early next week. Can't wait to get the speakers at the correct listening height and hear how they sound. They sound good to me so far and seem to have really opened up since last week. The loudest I have played them is -20db on an Onkyo 707 and really haven't played them even that loud for very long. I plan on popping in a demo worthy blu ray and seeing how the 2.0 setup sounds tomorrow.

The plan after that is to see how the same demo blu ray sounds once I have the LF and RF at the correct listening position. It may take me another week after the arrival of my front speaker stands before I get the center channel placement figured out and my center installed. I just don't have a lot of room and I really want to avoid putting the center on top of the TV whatsoever. Ideally I would like to place it in front of the TV on the top shelf of my TV stand but the speaker would protrude 1.5 or 2 inches into the viewing area on the TV. Speaker placement can really be tricky when you don't have a lot of space

Hopefully I will have everything fully operational and have my 3.0 setup fully in place before Christmas. I went to use the wife's camera to take some pics of the existing setup in it's current form but low-and-behold the camera won't hold a charge, even tried using the spare battery. I guess I know what I am getting her for Christmas! Hopefully I will have some pictures up of my setup around that time. I plan on going batshit crazy taking pictures of everything once I actually have a working digital camera to use

Right now
I have the two BIC Venturi DV62CLR-S running in 2 channel mode off a Onkyo 707. I'm using Blue Jeans cable 12ga speaker wire to the BICs. I am running HDMI video and TOSlink for audio from the PS3, both from Blue Jeans. Running HDMI for video and audio from the DirecTV HR22. For video I have a 2007 model slim depth 50" Samsung DLP LED Engine TV that I love.

#12 ·
I recently purchased a BIC V1020 sub and so far I'm very happy with it.

My situation was unique. I have 2 sets of speakers, Energy Take 5 and TSC P5 surrounds + matching LCR1. I didnt know what speakers I would be using but I wanted a sub to be punch and accurate for the Energys and be able to boom and rumble for the P5's.

I have tuned both with Audyssey MultiEQ and it seems to be a perfect match. As the Energys break in, they blend seemlessly more and more. With the P5's its pretty much flawless with no localization.

The sub is felt and heard when it should be. What I mean is, in the new Star Trek when the ships warp out, the sound is subtle yet with a focused depth that can just barely be felt. Volume is only on 50% and the sub is set to +3bd (out of +12db) on receiver. This is with system volume that has never been over -20db since the speakers are still new but when I cranked it a bit the sub responded and played linear to the speakers output. No port noise.

So for a week of ownership I'm very happy, it seems to be very versitile, well crafted and thought out. The sub speaker it self "looks cheap" the suspension seems a little narrow but is pretty stiff, normal looking poly cone, nothing fancy. The control panel and construction itself are top notch though. It gets the job done and looks good doing it so I dont really care as long as it lasts.

#13 ·
Great to hear that you are happy with it! I have had the F12 for about 5 or 6 months and am completely satisfied. My system is used mostly for movies so can't comment on music but, I have heard good reviews form others. I did consider the Venturi V-1220 before I found really good price on F12.

Keep us posted.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 /forum/post/17684255

I just wanted to start an ***Official*** BIC Venturi thread. I will be updating this post in the next few days with pictures of my setup once I get it set up but I wanted to start this thread so BIC Venturi owner's and enthusiasts have somewhere to go. Owner's of the DV62CLR-S center, the DV64 towers, DV84 towers, DV62si surrounds, DV1020 powered subwoofer, DV1220 powered subwoofer, and more post here!

I just purchased three of the BIC DV62CLR-S from KMart.com for a very good price. Two arrived today and the other should be arriving tomorrow. I am using three of the DV62CLR-S as my LF, Center, and RF. The DV62CLR-S has the exact same speakers as the DV64 towers, just a different cabinet. Just fyi for everyone!

I am pairing my new 3.0 setup with a Onkyo TX-SR707 receiver.

Any other Venturi owner's out there??? Let's get this started!

http://www.bicamerica.com/%22%5dhttp...icamerica.com/

Wow! I had a BIC 960 turntable when I was in college, late 70's. Never heard of them after that and thought they went belly up. I do remember they had a line of vented speakers way back when that were marketed under the Venturi name. So they live on. How do they sound?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnefied /forum/post/17765450

Wow! I had a BIC 960 turntable when I was in college, late 70's. Never heard of them after that and thought they went belly up. I do remember they had a line of vented speakers way back when that were marketed under the Venturi name. So they live on. How do they sound?

They sound great all things considered! No buyer beware or anything like that, just a matter of them not being setup optimally. I am waiting for my stands to come in for the LF and RF so the speakers are only about 19" and are on the ground currently. I also haven't figured out where to put the center channel so it's a work in progress!
The biggest thing that I was really pleasantly surprised by was the low end. These BIC DV62CLR-S speakers pack more punch than expected.

I have listened to them for both movies and music. They sound great for movies and produce sound accurately. I listen to mostly blues, classic soul, and classic rock. They sound accurate and clean in playing these types of music. I have gradually been increasing the volume each day and no distortion or anything at all yet up to -17db on the Onkyo 707. I should have the fronts on stands by midweek and god willing have the center figured out by the weekend. Will post back and hopefully with pics!

#16 ·
1st I'd like to say that I am a long time owner of BIC products.

Twelve to fifteen years ago I auditioned a pair of Venturi DV52si after reading a review in Consumers Report. The salesmen had me turn my back as he auditioned bookshelf speakers. I listened to several brands all costing more and in some case significantly more. I could not believe the sound coming from these speakers especially the low end considering the size of these speakers. A few years later I added the 2 additional Venturi DV52si and a Venturi DV52CLR center to complete my 5.1 (Velodyne Servo F-1200 sub) setup. I lived with this configuration up until 5 years ago when I added a pair of Adatto DV52si for surround backs bring my setup to 7.1. I needed speakers that I could mount and the Adatto's shared the same woofer and tweeter as the Venturi DV52si. I lived with this configuration for 3 more years before replacing the front left, right and center with the Venturi DV62si and a Venturi DV62CLR-S, respectively.

I wanted to upgrade my speaker setup and I started looking at the likes of Paradigm, Definitive Technology and Polk. Then the light bulb became brighter.
Why not see what BIC has to offer since I've been so happy with their previous products. I looked at BIC's Acoustech line, but I didn't want speakers with a horn tweeter. I decided to see what tower speakers BIC had that were a tonal match for my Venturi DV62si fronts and Venturi DV62CLR-S center. I decided to go with DV64 after reading many positive reviews by owners and I didn't need the additional bottom end of DV-84, since the Velodyne easily handles this. I ordered the DV64s yesterday and have already received shipping confirmation. I look forward to auditioning these speakers.

Respectively,

Willie

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi /forum/post/17786355

1st I'd like to say that I am a long time owner of BIC products.

Twelve to fifteen years ago I auditioned a pair of Venturi DV52si after reading a review in Consumers Report. The salesmen had me turn my back as he auditioned bookshelf speakers. I listened to several brands all costing more and in some case significantly more. I could not believe the sound coming from these speakers especially the low end considering the size of these speakers. A few years later I added the 2 additional Venturi DV52si and a Venturi DV52CLR center to complete my 5.1 (Velodyne Servo F-1200 sub) setup. I lived with this configuration up until 5 years ago when I added a pair of Adatto DV52si for surround backs bring my setup to 7.1. I needed speakers that I could mount and the Adatto’s shared the same woofer and tweeter as the Venturi DV52si. I lived with this configuration for 3 more years before replacing the front left, right and center with the Venturi DV62si and a Venturi DV62CLR-S, respectively.

I wanted to upgrade my speaker setup and I started looking at the likes of Paradigm, Definitive Technology and Polk. Then the light bulb became brighter.
Why not see what BIC has to offer since I’ve been so happy with their previous products. I looked at BIC’s Acoustech line, but I didn’t want speakers with a horn tweeter. I decided to see what tower speakers BIC had that were a tonal match for my Venturi DV62si fronts and Venturi DV62CLR-S center. I decided to go with DV64 after reading many positive reviews by owners and I didn’t need the additional bottom end of DV-84, since the Velodyne easily handles this. I ordered the DV64s yesterday and have already received shipping confirmation. I look forward to auditioning these speakers.

Respectively,

Willie

Great post man! This is just what I was hoping for in starting this thread. The BIC Venturi line are just such outstanding value priced speakers with some serious non value priced sound. It's great to hear from someone who has been a happy Venturi owner using the Venturi line for so long. I am just running 2.0 right now until I figure out where to mount the actual center (though all 3 are the same), which at that time I will be running 3.0. I plan on expanding into 3.1 pretty quickly and into 5.1 shortly after that. Hopefully it should be a pretty quick upgrade timeline for me.

I received my stands but the wife and I have been at the in-laws for a visit so I haven't had a chance to get the two 62CLR-S that I am using for fronts setup on the stands. I got the wife a new digital camera for X-Mas so I will be taking some pics of my modest setup tomorrow when we head home. The stands are a discontinued color, WHITE!
They are Def Tech stands that I got off E-Bay for a price too good to pass up and they arrived in a factory Def Tech box. I am planning on painting them sometime soon but if I don't get to it tomorrow I will just use them as they are (white) for the week. So if the white stands look atrocious in the pics just remember that they will be black soon

#18 ·
So far, I still only have the one DV62CLR-S installed as my center channel speaker. I did receive the first of two pair of DV62si bookshelf speakers that I will be using for surrounds in 7.1 system. I will have the other pair on the way next week. I have two pairs of heavy duty mounting brackets for also on the way. One pair will be wall mounted and other pair ceiling mounted. These babies weigh 15 lbs each so I am a bit anxious about it. My poor little Onkyo HTIB speakers were only about 2-1/2 lbs.

Lastly, perhaps middle of next month, I will order two more DV62CLR-S's to use for my front R/L speakers.

#19 ·
I currently own a pair of DV62si speakers and I have to say I love them. I've only had them for around a week, but they sound far better than any other set of speakers I've ever owned. I plan on getting another set of them, and then a DV62 sometime in the near future. Though if three DV62s in the front really do sound great then I might have to get three of those instead of another set of the DV62si's.

Only thing I need to figure out now is if I want the v80 sub or the v1020.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazin /forum/post/17794410

I currently own a pair of DV62si speakers and I have to say I love them. I've only had them for around a week, but they sound far better than any other set of speakers I've ever owned. I plan on getting another set of them, and then a DV62 sometime in the near future. Though if three DV62s in the front really do sound great then I might have to get three of those instead of another set of the DV62si's.

Only thing I need to figure out now is if I want the v80 sub or the v1020.

I spoke to Ed Frias personally and he advised me to go with three DV62CLR-S's for fronts instead of the two DV64 towers I had wanted for front R/L's. He said that it would give you much better imaging. As long as you have decent sub, you will be good. I have the BIC F12 that I love. The Venturi subs are said to be pretty good. If possible, go for the 12" instead of 10". Will just go a bit deeper.

#21 ·
Finally got first pair of DV62si bookshelf speakers & heavy duty brackets mounted today in place of Onkyo HTIB surrounds. Wife was at work which helped ordeal. And just like I figured, when she got home this evening, she didn't even notice. Next Saturday I plan to do the same with pair of rear surrounds. These are ceiling mounted so may be a bit more of a challenge. My wife may notice these since they will be hanging out in open right over traffic area. Then, in two or three more weeks, I should have funds to replace the front L/R's with a couple more of the DV62CLR-S's. That will make all three fronts the same.

I ran Audyssey after installing the two surrounds and crossover is still set to 150. So I am not able to fully realize SQ improvement yet because of the remaining HTIB speakers which are the "weak link". After all are eventually replaced, I am hoping crossover to be set at 80. My F12 will take of rest.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedius /forum/post/17795095

I spoke to Ed Frias personally and he advised me to go with three DV62CLR-S's for fronts instead of the two DV64 towers I had wanted for front R/L's. He said that it would give you much better imaging. As long as you have decent sub, you will be good. I have the BIC F12 that I love. The Venturi subs are said to be pretty good. If possible, go for the 12" instead of 10". Will just go a bit deeper.

So Ed said its ok to turn the DV62CLR-s on its side to use as r/l's ?what can he do to those speakers as far as mods go?

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB217 /forum/post/17831081

So Ed said its ok to turn the DV62CLR-s on its side to use as r/l's ?what can he do to those speakers as far as mods go?

Yes, Ed and also the folks at BIC confirmed that the DV62CLR-S just fine vertically or horizontally. I was also told by Ed and some knowledgable people here on these forums that vertical would always be ideal and that horizontal is sort of a compromise so as to better fit center channel speaker into shelf under TV.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB217 /forum/post/17831081

what can Ed do to those speakers as far as mods go?

Sorry but, I had to cut my previous reply short. I had already bought one of the DV62CLR-S's before I called Ed. He suggested that I could send him crossover of my 62 for him to modify and at same time buy two of his already modified 62's so as to be able to more closely match all three of my fronts. I really thought about it but, only a very limited amount of funds are available for my home theater project. Plus, I am doing most of this on the sly with rathole money. So I decided to, for right now anyway, find best prices for "stock" speakers and just let it ride for awhile and then make my own personal judgement of how they sound to me.

From what I gathered, Ed's crossover mod is geared mostly towards music audiophiles rather than ordinary home theater guys. Although Ed did say that movies as well as music would be improved.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedius /forum/post/17831453

Sorry but, I had to cut my previous reply short. I had already bought one of the DV62CLR-S's before I called Ed. He suggested that I could send him crossover of my 62 for him to modify and at same time buy two of his already modified 62's so as to be able to more closely match all three of my fronts. I really thought about it but, only a very limited amount of funds are available for my home theater project. Plus, I am doing most of this on the sly with rathole money. So I decided to, for right now anyway, find best prices for "stock" speakers and just let it ride for awhile and then make my own personal judgement of how they sound to me.

From what I gathered, Ed's crossover mod is geared mostly towards music audiophiles rather than ordinary home theater guys. Although Ed did say that movies as well as music would be improved.

PM me Eds number if you could..thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.