Definitive Technology BP7006 vs. Paradigm SE 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-17-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am debating between Definitive Technology BP7006 and recently released Paradigm SE 3 (special edition 3) speakers (along with their center and surrounds). I have ~18x16 sized room and planning to use these speakers with my projector screen for movie and also for music in this media room. I have listened to both and liked them both. But I am a newbie in this world and want to get some expert opinion. :-)

Pricewise the Paradigms are expensive (@Definitive Audio store ~1400 for SE3 L/R pair, 500 for SE center, ADP 390 for surround at 400 each, and SE sub ~600 => 3300). DefTech combination turns out to be 2235 (@Magnolia Hifi BP7006 pair for 1150, Mythos 3 center for 485, Mythos Gem XL surround for 600/pair) since it is slightly lower in cost and subwoofer is included in their front speakers.

I want to find out
- if people have any strong positive or negative aspects of any of this combination.
- Anything to watch for.
- Any experiences or expertise to share?
- Anything better in this price range?
- Also should I go to BP7004 ($400 more) instead of BP7006 if DefTech is recommended route?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What did you end up buying? I'm in the same boat (although I like the Mythos STS for fronts)
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page