Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Model SCS-01M Addon for 7 Speaker Set Black
Item#: SCS-01M-2.0-black-addon 1 $309.00 $309.00
Model STS-01 5.1 Set w/ SBS Surrounds & PC12-NSD
Item#: STS-01-SBS-PC12-5.1-black 1 $1,499.00 $1,499.00

I'm going to pick up these I guess. I think it's overkill for our current room but as I know we will move within 2 years this kit will service a room much much larger with the assistance of another sub.

But we are talking about $1800.00 in speakers... (the STS-01's sound like they are some really nice speakers) The SCS-01M looks like a great speaker and their Sub (PC12-NSD) isn't cheap but good subs are never ever cheap. I guess this sub is better then most? (this is a small room and the box is actually going to take up room we don't have. IE. the cylinder will take up less space.

Any thoughts on the PC12-NSD? Would you buy one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I take it you are ordering the STS 7.1 package? That is a really nice system, my co-worker owns it and it sounds fantastic. I don't think you are going to be disappointed.

I like Ice Cream!
post #3 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have the SCS 5.1 with the PB12nsd and love it. I have used it in a Very large room and as of right now a very small apt. Sounds Great in both! I don't see any reason not you get the cylinder. I didn’t because I wanted to use the sub as an end table. lol Works really well! Anyways I think you love the setup! I really want to try the towers but again my room right now is just WAY to small for anything more.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the input. Yes I am excited to hear the sound from those towers.

Read some suggestions on using my receiver with it for expanded range to get a little umph out of it.

I really am impressed with the SCS-01M though. Under a tight budget I've heard they have served as nice front and left for smaller rooms. I've also been told the center is a solid speaker that when used for movies projects spoken word well. (one complaint was that the sound was flat... )

So there's a few movies I hope to go back and listen to and see if I can hear a noticeable diffrence.

The 7.1 thing is a bit new for me. I am not sold on the idea that more channels is a better thing. 9.1 and 11.1 only make sense to me for an actually movie theater or a room that can hold 50 or more folks. This is just my personal opinion. (I've heard arguments that it only matters if the source material was encoded in it)

So I saved a few bucks by getting the 5.1 package with the SBS-01 bookshelf speakers with plans to use the SBS-01's for the 7.0 channel(s) and the SCS-01M'S for the rear left and right. (why?) because I plan to use 5.1 more then 7.1 and I personaly don't think there's as much there. I'll have an easier time hideing the smaller bookshelf and I don't want them sticking out as much. (if the room gets bigger then I may upgrade them to 01m's and possibly use the bookshelfs for something else or even 9.1 if I ever care to.

The main thing that I've read that I liked was many people said they kept these speakers around for a while. Not just because there was no reason to waste any money but because they really liked em' and didn't think there was a reason to mess with them. In my exp a lot of audiophiles given a few $ to spend tend to keep changeing things in search of something better. I am not one of those folks and this isn't that type of application either.

The sub needs to stay out of the way and I've read people who normally don't like tube subs outside of a car actually like the BASS responce from these speakers.

I'm going to start another tread on source(s) people use to "Hear"
post #5 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I use SVS SCS-01 speakers as my front three speakers and love them. They replaced a set of Polk rti series towers and a matching Polk center. I definitely prefer the sound of the SVS speakers. I use mine almost exclusively for home theater. They are very clear and detailed speakers and are not fatiguing on the ears at all.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Same thing here,

and the SBS-01's as the surrounds, so make it ack_bk my own words though!

Regards, Chuck
Hold on tight to your dreams - ELO
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page