GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 105 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 150Likes

post #3121 of 3125 Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 211
^Bigham16,

thduke has GE Triton 1+2 speakers with the DDRC-88A.

I believe he's in the best position to advise you on the setup as well as ease of use.
Bigham16 likes this.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3125 Old 04-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just ordered a SuperCinema 3D Array XL today!!! I called GoldenEar to ask a few questions and Mr. Gross himself called me back (as he does for most I presume)!!! Customer service doesn't get much more personal than that! Getting to talk directly to the designer?! Wow! He answered all my questions in incredible detail, was great to talk to, and got me hooked up with a local dealer who took great care of me. Awesome to talk to an industry legend like that.

After I get this soundbar set up, I might just become a GE convert and check out those Tritons for my next HT setup! Will be posting a review of my buddy's Array once I have it all set up.
htpcforever likes this.
post #3123 of 3125 Old Today, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LFE to Triton One with single LFE output on processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, I have addressed this several times .....snip ....... we recommended just speaker wire, recently we found that when you set the processor to Large L and R and Sub No, even though the LFE information is fed into the L and R channels, it is attenuated and/or rolled off, so we now recommend using the LFE in: Large L and R (no crossover) Sub Yes. Set the bass level on the back of the Tritons to taste with 2 channel music.....snip ...... All the Best, Sandy
Hi all.

I am seriously looking at the Goldenear Triton Ones to replace my mains and a sub-woofer in a system used for both stereo and 5.1. The sub is going as we are downsizing to an apartment.

I see that Sandy is recommending using the LFE input as well as the speaker inputs. The problem in my 5.1 setup is that there is only a single sub-woofer output on my old Denon 3308 HT processor. I take it I need to send the signal to both speakers and I see no way of daisy chaining the LFE signal from one speaker to the other (there are no outputs). Are there any other options for getting LFE to both speakers apart from replacing my processor, a processor which works fine otherwise.

Appreciate some advice.

Regards,

Allan

Panasonic TH-P60ST60A screen, Sony BDP-S5000es Blu-Ray, HTPC based on Shuttle XH61V, Qnap TS-639 Pro, Chord QuteEx Dac, Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated amp powering the mains, Denon AVR-3808 for everything else, Duntech Sapphire Mains, Duntech Onyx Centre, Duntech Pearl Rears and Legend Kurlo 6 subwoofer.
post #3124 of 3125 Old Today, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbigkids View Post
Hi all.

I am seriously looking at the Goldenear Triton Ones to replace my mains and a sub-woofer in a system used for both stereo and 5.1. The sub is going as we are downsizing to an apartment.

I see that Sandy is recommending using the LFE input as well as the speaker inputs. The problem in my 5.1 setup is that there is only a single sub-woofer output on my old Denon 3308 HT processor. I take it I need to send the signal to both speakers and I see no way of daisy chaining the LFE signal from one speaker to the other (there are no outputs). Are there any other options for getting LFE to both speakers apart from replacing my processor, a processor which works fine otherwise.

Appreciate some advice.

Regards,

Allan

Panasonic TH-P60ST60A screen, Sony BDP-S5000es Blu-Ray, HTPC based on Shuttle XH61V, Qnap TS-639 Pro, Chord QuteEx Dac, Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated amp powering the mains, Denon AVR-3808 for everything else, Duntech Sapphire Mains, Duntech Onyx Centre, Duntech Pearl Rears and Legend Kurlo 6 subwoofer.
All you need is a Y cable to split the signal out of the receiver one male RCA to two female RCAs
'
post #3125 of 3125 Old Today, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbigkids View Post
Hi all.

Appreciate some advice.

Regards,

Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopaw View Post
All you need is a Y cable to split the signal out of the receiver one male RCA to two female RCAs
'
The Triton 1 does have a single LFE input to be connected from a single SUB out of the pre/pro/receiver.

Problem comes from adjusting the timings and levels of two Triton 1 units acting as separate subs so that a smooth bass response can be achieved at the Main Listening Position (MLP).

If both Triton 1s are equal distant as well as to the MLP, i.e. forms an equilateral triangle to the front left, front right and MLP, then the timing via a combined delay will be set on the pre/pro/receiver. As advised, get a Y-spliter out of the SUB output and connect to both Triton 1s.

There are two level adjustments available.

Initially at the Triton 1 via the sub woofer level. With both Triton 1s in operation, the idea is gain match them so both subs are working equally hard. If you've got the equilateral triangle arrangement, then the sub woofer level on both Triton 1s should be the same. The idea is to have both Triton 1 sub woofer levels so your pre/pro/receiver is reading a negative value around -6dB in it's auto calibration setup routine.

The second level adjustment is at the pre/pro/receiver. This is to tailor the bass sound to preference. After the auto calibration run, the pre/pro/receiver will advise if the value is positive or negative. If it is positive, go back to the Triton 1s and increase the sub woofer level (equally for both Triton 1s) a little more and re-run the auto calibration setup. If it too much in the negative (i.e. -12dB) then decrease the sub woofer level (equally for both Triton 1s) until it you get about -6dB in the auto calibration. This is a iterative process until the target level of around -6dB is reached.

Once you've got the -6dB point, have a listen to some of your favorite tunes and if the bass is a bit lacking, go into your pre/pro/receiver and adjust the sub level by +3dB or more until you're happy with the bass response. Do not adjust the sub woofer levels on the Triton 1s as the correction filters applied by the auto calibration are based on the previous sub woofer levels.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers