GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 106 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 162Likes

post #3151 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
demo of Triton 5 & Triton 2's

Hi, I'm new to the forum & to Goldenear. looking to build a new home theater starting with the fronts either a set of triton 5's or 2's . found a dealer and last weekend went for a demo. started with the fives , they had a NAD M12 pre ,not sure about the amp but it was a NAD master series set up. nice sounding speaker ,loved the way the highs and mids blend together and the soundstage was good but for me it would need the addition of a sub.
now to the Triton two's. they were hooked up to a NAD C275BEE on the opposite side of the room. from the moment I dropped my cd in my jaw dropped !!!! the presence ,the soundstage ,the filled in bottom end and their
ability of the drivers to blend together sold me . I really hate window shopping but left the dealer with a plan and a smile on my face so I plan to pick them up soon, that leaves me to the center next . it seems like everyone is going for the XL center I think the SCX would be fine ? could anyone comment on the smaller center ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentaxi View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum & to Goldenear. looking to build a new home theater starting with the fronts either a set of triton 5's or 2's . found a dealer and last weekend went for a demo. started with the fives , they had a NAD M12 pre ,not sure about the amp but it was a NAD master series set up. nice sounding speaker ,loved the way the highs and mids blend together and the soundstage was good but for me it would need the addition of a sub.
now to the Triton two's. they were hooked up to a NAD C275BEE on the opposite side of the room. from the moment I dropped my cd in my jaw dropped !!!! the presence ,the soundstage ,the filled in bottom end and their
ability of the drivers to blend together sold me . I really hate window shopping but left the dealer with a plan and a smile on my face so I plan to pick them up soon, that leaves me to the center next . it seems like everyone is going for the XL center I think the SCX would be fine ? could anyone comment on the smaller center ? thanks
I have had my two's since 2011 and did have the SS50C as that was all there was at the time. I jumped up to the SCXL a year and a half ago and it is an amazing speaker. A huge jump in sonics and huge front sound stage. The Super Center X is not as big. I think it is meant to be paired with the sevens and perhaps the fives, although most people get the SCXL.

Think about the Triton 2's and their size. The SCXL is the closest match to an actual tower GE has right now.

If the rumours are correct and their is a larger center coming, that will be great to. I suspect it maybe powered? as def tech had a high end powered center. Maybe they still do. Which would make an incredible soundstage!
post #3153 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic debauchery View Post
I have had my two's since 2011 and did have the SS50C as that was all there was at the time. I jumped up to the SCXL a year and a half ago and it is an amazing speaker. A huge jump in sonics and huge front sound stage. The Super Center X is not as big. I think it is meant to be paired with the sevens and perhaps the fives, although most people get the SCXL.

Think about the Triton 2's and their size. The SCXL is the closest match to an actual tower GE has right now.

If the rumours are correct and their is a larger center coming, that will be great to. I suspect it maybe powered? as def tech had a high end powered center. Maybe they still do. Which would make an incredible soundstage!
Yeah .....I suppose your right about the center ,I did see it paired with the sevens. just trying to save a buck . have there been any amp issues that you know of with the tritons that have powered subs? just curious about that thanks.
post #3154 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Yeah .....I suppose your right about the center ,I did see it paired with the sevens. just trying to save a buck . have there been any amp issues that you know of with the tritons that have powered subs? just curious about that thanks.
I had an amp failure in november i think? My dealer replaced it free of charge after getting a new one from GE.

No worries, GE customer service is outstanding. Sandy has been known to call people at home even. He helped me out with a problem by calling me at home in October. What other company has the CEO call you at home?
post #3155 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic debauchery View Post
I had an amp failure in november i think? My dealer replaced it free of charge after getting a new one from GE.

No worries, GE customer service is outstanding. Sandy has been known to call people at home even. He helped me out with a problem by calling me at home in October. What other company has the CEO call you at home?
thanks sonic....its good to know they have good customer service but one hopes not to have to use it . I wonder if there has been others or was yours
just a fluke?
post #3156 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
thanks sonic....its good to know they have good customer service but one hopes not to have to use it . I wonder if there has been others or was yours
just a fluke?
I had an amp replaced on a T2 also, after about 3 years of use. Purchased mine in 2011 too
post #3157 of 3163 Old 05-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I, too, had both amps replaced in my T2s with only a month left on the 3 year warranty.
post #3158 of 3163 Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos2kuros View Post
I, too, had both amps replaced in my T2s with only a month left on the 3 year warranty.
Not what a potential customer wants to hear does Goldenear chalk that up
to possible misuse ? I wonder want Sandy thinks ?
I've had subs for 10 years or more still going strong!
why within 3 years there seems to be problems worry's me
post #3159 of 3163 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Have a dumb question for those that have any of the Goldenear towers, right now I am using a pair of Paradigm Studio 100 towers which can get very loud. I am curious is with the design of the Goldenears not being a traditional speaker box does that mean that they can't go as loud as my Studio 100s?
I know that with the Goldenear I can expect to hear overall better quality of sound but was curious would I have to give up my house shaking volume to get better quality? I like to crank my music pretty loud.

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #3160 of 3163 Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
I know that with the Goldenear I can expect to hear overall better quality of sound but was curious would I have to give up my house shaking volume to get better quality? I like to crank my music pretty loud.

Thanks
I have two canaries in the coal mine of my house. They tolerate a full 4 db (average) louder with my Tritons than my old Boston Acoustics. And I play music loud enough you have to shout to be heard over the loud parts. That's just with music. With movies? Yeah. *EVERYONE* now comments how the floor shakes, and the previous rig included a Definitive Supercube 4000 subwoofer.

I remain impressed with the lack of breakup distortion compared to my previous speakers. All I can really say is they play plenty loud enough for me.

I SAID...
rustolemite likes this.
post #3161 of 3163 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottj View Post
I have two canaries in the coal mine of my house. They tolerate a full 4 db (average) louder with my Tritons than my old Boston Acoustics. And I play music loud enough you have to shout to be heard over the loud parts. That's just with music. With movies? Yeah. *EVERYONE* now comments how the floor shakes, and the previous rig included a Definitive Supercube 4000 subwoofer.

I remain impressed with the lack of breakup distortion compared to my previous speakers. All I can really say is they play plenty loud enough for me.

I SAID...
I know you have said before but remind which Tritons do you have and what are you powering them with?

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #3162 of 3163 Old Today, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
I know you have said before but remind which Tritons do you have and what are you powering them with?

Thanks
No worries. Triton 1s, Pioneer SC-89.
post #3163 of 3163 Old Today, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I have the Triton Sevens, which replaced Paradigm Millenium 200 towers. They get as loud as the Paradigm's did - though I admit I never take my system to ear bleeding levels. I have noticed the volume level on my Onkyo 3010 is the same with the Triton Sevens as with the Paradigms, though, so that means they scale the same. At least I assume it does. The Tritons have a LOT more bass, though, and much richer sound. I like that.

Non-standard RAIDs can recover deleted files. Anyone who says RAID protection is only for failed drives is lying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers