GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 410Likes

Old 10-11-2015, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Bass Response of Invisa MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
Hi Sandy, after reading Mark's review, it got me thinking if the Invisa MPX would be a worthy upgrade over my SuperSat 50's for side and back surround duty's (in an Atmos config). My other question is, does the Invisa MPX have 4-1/2" driver or 5"? Golden Ear site say's 5" for the products overview but under specifications, it says 4-1/2" driver? Thanks!
Hi, The MPX will go down deeper than the SuperSat 50s. Remember, the Invisas are normally loaded into a rather large volume in-wall or in-ceiling, and this has a lot to do with low frequency response. With the Invisa MPX, we normally get pretty pflat in-room response down to the mid 40s, which is excellent. Thanks, Sandy
Bigham16 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Thanks Sandy for the reply. Just wondering if I will hear a $2,000 upgrade in sound with the MPX over my current SuperSat 50s. Would love to know if the MPX will indeed be able to output 80 hz compared to 120 hz with the SuperSat 50s.

Also thinking about the 650's over my current SuperSat 3's for the height speakers. One of the side walls/ceilings is at an angle which prevents me from moving my Right front and back height speakers outside of the listening area. I do have 10 foot ceilings.

Better yet, while you are in Dallas, want to come over and have a listen?

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, The MPX will go down deeper than the SuperSat 50s. Remember, the Invisas are normally loaded into a rather large volume in-wall or in-ceiling, and this has a lot to do with low frequency response. With the Invisa MPX, we normally get pretty pflat in-room response down to the mid 40s, which is excellent. Thanks, Sandy
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Your Question Regarding Invisas vs SuperSats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
Thanks Sandy for the reply. Just wondering if I will hear a $2,000 upgrade in sound with the MPX over my current SuperSat 50s. Would love to know if the MPX will indeed be able to output 80 hz compared to 120 hz with the SuperSat 50s.

Also thinking about the 650's over my current SuperSat 3's for the height speakers. One of the side walls/ceilings is at an angle which prevents me from moving my Right front and back height speakers outside of the listening area. I do have 10 foot ceilings.

Better yet, while you are in Dallas, want to come over and have a listen?

Thanks again!
Hi, Honestly, I can't say if the difference will be worth the cost to you. There is no question, the Invisas can be crossed over at 80, and go down lower. On the other hand, I'm sure that the SuperSats sound great. It is really a personal decision that I can't answer. Realistically, in terms of visiting this week, I will be slammed from morning until night, but thanks for the invite. If you swing a pass for CEDIA, maybe from your dealer, I will be there. All the Best, Sandy
Bigham16 likes this.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Thanks again Sandy. Always looking to make the room sound better and appreciate your honesty. I have a ticket to CEDIA and will definitely stop by and say hello if I can get out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, Honestly, I can't say if the difference will be worth the cost to you. There is no question, the Invisas can be crossed over at 80, and go down lower. On the other hand, I'm sure that the SuperSats sound great. It is really a personal decision that I can't answer. Realistically, in terms of visiting this week, I will be slammed from morning until night, but thanks for the invite. If you swing a pass for CEDIA, maybe from your dealer, I will be there. All the Best, Sandy
Old 10-12-2015, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Review of Super Sub XXL

http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/s...woofer-review/

Last edited by sonic debauchery; 10-13-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Your smiley face is messing up the link Need to add a space... But promising review!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:17 AM

Liked: 33
Old 10-13-2015, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I thought this may be the best place to ask some questions. I am debating setting up a 7.1.4 atmos system. The fronts would potentially be the Triton Ones and Super center XXL. I am trying to decide between these and the Mythos ST-L. I got a chance to demo both, and am leaning towards the Triton Ones, but will give the ST-Ls one last chance with the identical playlist/movie.

My question is, will I be able to tell a discernible difference between a set of 4 Triton Twos, 3's or fives in comparison to the One's for the Rears and Satellites? I feel like it could just be throwing money away, but think towers as rears make sense in my space.

I would probably just start with the LCR and maybe the Invisa for phase one of this project. I am thinking Invisas in the ceiling make sense as well.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Last edited by RuthlessCynic; 10-13-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot a paragraph
Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessCynic View Post
I thought this may be the best place to ask some questions. I am debating setting up a 7.1.4 atmos system. The fronts would potentially be the Triton Ones and Super center XXL. I am trying to decide between these and the Mythos ST-L. I got a chance to demo both, and am leaning towards the Triton Ones, but will give the ST-Ls one last chance with the identical playlist/movie.

My question is, will I be able to tell a discernible difference between a set of 4 Triton Twos, 3's or fives in comparison to the One's for the Rears and Satellites? I feel like it could just be throwing money away, but think towers as rears make sense in my space.

I would probably just start with the LCR and maybe the Invisa for phase one of this project. I am thinking Invisas in the ceiling make sense as well.

The tweeter height of the different towers and the subwoofer capability are the factors that influenced my choice to use 6 Triton Ones and a SuperCenter XXL. My room is about 4000 ft3, and the total of 8 subwoofers distributes the bass so that there are no nulls apparent in the room. The height of the tweeters for the surrounds/rears was important in my application as well. I considered "risers" for the smaller Triton speakers, but thought that would be a "clunky" solution in the end.

Lee

GoldenEar Triton One speakers (6, for front, side surround, and rear surround), GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL center channel, GoldenEar HTR7000 overhead speakers (4), JL Audio F113 x 2 (subwoofers), Krell Foundation pre-pro, Krell EV403 (front 3 channels), 2 x Krell S1500/4 (one for each side's 2 surround and 2 overhead speakers), OPPO 105D (Blu-ray, SACD, DVD-A), Calyx Audio DAC24/192, MacMini w/ 2TB drive (server), Purist Audio interconnects & speaker cables, Sony XBR-75Z9D monitor.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Liked: 14
Never listen to anything better than what you have.. because you're screwed if you do.

I'm learning this the hard way...

I ditched my Paradigm Monitor 9 v7 for a pair of Triton 2's last week. I also purchased the Supercenter X. I found the SCX a little "small" for my room and it's going back to the store for a SCXL Friday. I also ordered a pair of SuperSat 3's to replace my DefTech Pro 1000's. I'm running a Marantz SR5009 and i'm using the Marantz HD-DAC1 for music coming off of my HTPC.

I tried using the LFE plugged into the dual subwoofer inputs on the Marantz and it sounded ok. Today I unhooked them and turned off the subwoofer in the setup. Sounded much better. Smoother...

My crossover settings must be off?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
MH
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Probably buying a Triton One Set and Supercenter XXL, was wondering what people used to power their systems. I have a Yamaha 3050 on order, but can cancel if you think I am better off with an amplifier etc. I am going to eventually do a 7.1.4 Atmos system with all Goldenear products (barring one last audition), any help suggestions are welcome.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Probably buying a Triton One Set and Supercenter XXL, was wondering what people used to power their systems. I have a Yamaha 3050 on order, but can cancel if you think I am better off with an amplifier etc. I am going to eventually do a 7.1.4 Atmos system with all Goldenear products (barring one last audition), any help suggestions are welcome.
I have the Triton 5's and XXL and I power them with an Emotiva XPA-5 200watts per channel I have run without the amp and the amp makes a difference.

VIDEO: Mitsubishi WD-92840 - Samsung BD-J7500 - Sony BDP-CX960 - HTPC -Xbox One
AUDIO: XTZ Cinema Series M6 L/C/R - XTZ Cinema Series S5 Surrounds- HSU VTF-3 MK4 Sub - Marantz AV7702mkII - Emotiva XPA-5 gen2 - Blue Jean Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
Old 10-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I had Triton Two's and returned them a week later for the Triton One's. BIG DIFFERENCE. I have the Supercenter XL and a pair of Supersat 3's. Deftech Supercube 2000.

Using a Marantz 7010. So far so good.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Helm View Post
I had Triton Two's and returned them a week later for the Triton One's. BIG DIFFERENCE. I have the Supercenter XL and a pair of Supersat 3's. Deftech Supercube 2000.

Using a Marantz 7010. So far so good.
Hi, I have a pair of Triton 1s and am looking at the Marantz 7010. Was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a few questions. 1) Do you have the Tritons hooked up with both speaker level and LFE output from the AVR or speaker level only? 2) Did you use Audyssey to set up the system? If so did you run into any issues with the LFE?

My current several year old Onkyo is not playing well with my Tritons. I was looking to upgrade to a newer AVR any way but there are no local Marantz retailers, only custom installers with no show rooms.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If anyone is considering a Marantz AVS, be sure to give JDSmoothie a shout before pulling the trigger on your purchase. Well worth your time.

Blues
mbroadus likes this.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

I am very impressed with how well my little SuperSat 3s tone match with the my 1s, considering they're literally at opposite ends of GE's lineup. Tone match is all about tweeters (IMO), and they all have variations of the same one. If you want to get super-super close, compare the specs. I can't recall if the 1's share a tweeter with anything else in the lineup, but if, say, the 5's have a tweeter the same size I can't imagine they'd be different part numbers.

But I think you'll be fine with any of them.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottj View Post
I am very impressed with how well my little SuperSat 3s tone match with the my 1s, considering they're literally at opposite ends of GE's lineup. Tone match is all about tweeters (IMO), and they all have variations of the same one. If you want to get super-super close, compare the specs. I can't recall if the 1's share a tweeter with anything else in the lineup, but if, say, the 5's have a tweeter the same size I can't imagine they'd be different part numbers.

But I think you'll be fine with any of them.
I would agree with this as well.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles J P View Post
Hi, I have a pair of Triton 1s and am looking at the Marantz 7010. Was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a few questions. 1) Do you have the Tritons hooked up with both speaker level and LFE output from the AVR or speaker level only? 2) Did you use Audyssey to set up the system? If so did you run into any issues with the LFE?

My current several year old Onkyo is not playing well with my Tritons. I was looking to upgrade to a newer AVR any way but there are no local Marantz retailers, only custom installers with no show rooms.
1) Yes. I'm using both
2) I have a Y splitter for the LFE for both Tritons going to one subwoofer out on the 7010. I have my Supercube going to the 2nd subwoofer out.

Audyssey doesn't know how to deal with this very well. Seeing how there's essentially 3 subwoofers. I did manage to adjust the settings manually to get it to sound great.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
1) Yes. I'm using both
2) I have a Y splitter for the LFE for both Tritons going to one subwoofer out on the 7010. I have my Supercube going to the 2nd subwoofer out.

Audyssey doesn't know how to deal with this very well. Seeing how there's essentially 3 subwoofers. I did manage to adjust the settings manually to get it to sound great.
Did you have any issues with the gains being too hot on the Tritons to even get a measurement? With my AVR, the LFE out is so hot that when I run Audyssey the LFE trim maxes out at -15. This is with the Triton 1 gain set to 11 or 12 o'clock position which is the right position for 2 channel music. I definitely think this is my AVR but it has resulted in some pain in the butt work around.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Did you have any issues with the gains being too hot on the Tritons to even get a measurement? With my AVR, the LFE out is so hot that when I run Audyssey the LFE trim maxes out at -15. This is with the Triton 1 gain set to 11 or 12 o'clock position which is the right position for 2 channel music. I definitely think this is my AVR but it has resulted in some pain in the butt work around.
That's exactly what i'm seeing as well.. i'm at the 10:00 position on my Tritons and -12 on the 7010.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what i'm seeing as well.. i'm at the 10:00 position on my Tritons and -12 on the 7010.
Sorry, I know I'm asking really detailed questions. Do you have your gain on the Tritons set so that they are balanced top to bottom with a straight stereo signal with no processing / nothing being sent over the LFE cable? I.e. if you put your AVR in pure mode and unplugged the LFE cable would the bass be right or would it be missing? The reason I ask is because I set the gain on my Tritons so that it is correct / balanced with a pure/direct stereo signal with no processing because that's how I listen to music.

When I start from there and then go to calibrate for home theater its wreaking havoc on my AVR measurements. To start, the first step on my Onkyo Audyssey routine is to set your sub gain so the mic reads 75dB. Well I can't. If I change the gain then I can no longer listen to music in 2 channel unprocessed stereo.

So the mic reads 93dB in my room. That's with the gain at 11 o'clock so its not like I'm a bass head. That's 18dB above where the AVR wants it. The AVR can't cut the LFE that much, it can only trim -15dB. So after its done my channels are like -1.5dB, to -4dB on average except the sub is -15. When I cue up a movie, there is almost no bass. I've been in this hobby for a long time and I've always favored a neutral system. I don't bump up my subs after I calibrate so when I say there is no bass, there is no bass. After monkeying around I've come to an unproven theory that maxing out the trim on my AVR creates some kind of digital clipping where the LFE signal is seriously attenuated.

Like I said, when I ran actual content there was almost no bass. bumping up the LFE even a little causes the bass to come back huge. Like not 2-3 dB as the change from -15 to -13 would imply but like a 10dB difference.

I don't have any other sub in the mix. My AVR has dual LFE outs but they're not L/R channel specific, they're just split internal to the AVR so there's dual jacks on the back.

I posted about this problem on the GoldenEar forum. I initially took some flack (implications that I didn't know what I'm doing because I was the only person ). Eventually it came out that a couple other Onkyo/Integra owners were facing the same problem and it wasn't just me.

I ended up having to set my LFE level completely by ear. My measurements don't match real world listening material. I think its an issue with the AVR but before I go and drop $2k on a new one, I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Sorry for the long post... I'd appreciate any input you (or ANYONE with Triton 1s have as to how they got the gains set for stereo vs. home theater)
Old 10-30-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I know I'm asking really detailed questions. Do you have your gain on the Tritons set so that they are balanced top to bottom with a straight stereo signal with no processing / nothing being sent over the LFE cable? I.e. if you put your AVR in pure mode and unplugged the LFE cable would the bass be right or would it be missing? The reason I ask is because I set the gain on my Tritons so that it is correct / balanced with a pure/direct stereo signal with no processing because that's how I listen to music.

When I start from there and then go to calibrate for home theater its wreaking havoc on my AVR measurements. To start, the first step on my Onkyo Audyssey routine is to set your sub gain so the mic reads 75dB. Well I can't. If I change the gain then I can no longer listen to music in 2 channel unprocessed stereo.

So the mic reads 93dB in my room. That's with the gain at 11 o'clock so its not like I'm a bass head. That's 18dB above where the AVR wants it. The AVR can't cut the LFE that much, it can only trim -15dB. So after its done my channels are like -1.5dB, to -4dB on average except the sub is -15. When I cue up a movie, there is almost no bass. I've been in this hobby for a long time and I've always favored a neutral system. I don't bump up my subs after I calibrate so when I say there is no bass, there is no bass. After monkeying around I've come to an unproven theory that maxing out the trim on my AVR creates some kind of digital clipping where the LFE signal is seriously attenuated.

Like I said, when I ran actual content there was almost no bass. bumping up the LFE even a little causes the bass to come back huge. Like not 2-3 dB as the change from -15 to -13 would imply but like a 10dB difference.

I don't have any other sub in the mix. My AVR has dual LFE outs but they're not L/R channel specific, they're just split internal to the AVR so there's dual jacks on the back.

I posted about this problem on the GoldenEar forum. I initially took some flack (implications that I didn't know what I'm doing because I was the only person ). Eventually it came out that a couple other Onkyo/Integra owners were facing the same problem and it wasn't just me.

I ended up having to set my LFE level completely by ear. My measurements don't match real world listening material. I think its an issue with the AVR but before I go and drop $2k on a new one, I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Sorry for the long post... I'd appreciate any input you (or ANYONE with Triton 1s have as to how they got the gains set for stereo vs. home theater)
No worries about the details.. I'll help if I can.

I use direct mode as well for music. I'm streaming via USB to a MARANTZ HD-DAC1 and through my 7010 in direct mode. I will say the 7010 has a 2 channel stereo configuration mode which I haven't not seen on a Marantz yet. It also allows you to bypass any audyssey on the L/R in the Audyssey configuration

I don't know what's exactly happening with my bass in direct mode having the LFE's plugged in. I too am a little heavy on the bass, however I haven't had an issue yet.. but i'm not certain I have it tweaked perfectly yet either.

Movies are sounding perfect. Both subs in the Triton 1's and the Supercube seem to be working well. I'm only on day 8 with my 7010.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:13 PM

Yeah, our setups are a little different because I have no external sub. I was thinking I could get buy at least for a while without subs. I doubt I will go permanently with no subs but the Tritons are capable of some bass for sure. I can get good sound and plenty of bass by cranking the LFE channel up but it definitely feels like what I'm hearing doesn't match what I'm measuring. According to both Audyssey and my old Radio Shack SPL meter I'm running the LFE channel WAY hot to get decent bass. I never had to run my dedicated subs hot when I had my old Klipsch system, I always left them level set with the other channel.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Liked: 50
Quote:
I had Triton Two's and returned them a week later for the Triton One's. BIG DIFFERENCE.
I owned Triton Two's a few years back and sold them. I've heard the Triton One's and agree - they are a much better speaker.

I think that the Triton 5's are also a much better sounding speaker.

Me thinks that Golden Ear needs to re-engineer the Triton Two's and Threes and incorporate what they did differently on the 1's and 5's. My guess is that it's something in the crossover.

But, if they can get those Triton Two's to sound like the One's in a smaller package with a little less bass potential, that would be a killer speaker (assuming the same price point...)
Old 10-31-2015, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Hi

It's not just with onkyo I have the same experience with my Marantz 7008. I actually posed this same issue a while back here but never figured out a conclusion.

I have a SVS sub so one out put is to that then the other is split going into the back of each triton 1. If I adjust for 2 channel liking auddessy registers like 90 decibels and if I turn them down its not enough for my two channel. The only way I've found to deal with it is by using the LFC containment on the Marantz

I really wish I could figure out what the deal is, I absolutely love the speakers but it's a bit frustrating have to add all these adjustments
Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
If I were to use the mpx in wall speakers should I insulate the space between the studs the speakers are locatated with sound dampening insulation like the rest of the room or keep them empty to act as a box?
Old 11-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin22 View Post
Hi

It's not just with onkyo I have the same experience with my Marantz 7008. I actually posed this same issue a while back here but never figured out a conclusion.

I have a SVS sub so one out put is to that then the other is split going into the back of each triton 1. If I adjust for 2 channel liking auddessy registers like 90 decibels and if I turn them down its not enough for my two channel. The only way I've found to deal with it is by using the LFC containment on the Marantz

I really wish I could figure out what the deal is, I absolutely love the speakers but it's a bit frustrating have to add all these adjustments
Yeah, they're not very helpful on the GoldenEar forum. I was treated very aggressively IMO. They just kept telling me to set it by ear. They also told me not to use Audyssey because its crap (even though its never caused me a problem before). Then they said set the channels with an SPL meter, which I tried... the LFE channel is still WAY too hot. They then told me its because the SPL meter is off on the bass tones. Then they told me I was the ONLY one with a problem. Luckily a couple other members came to my rescue but they didn't have a solution. They just set it by ear.

Not at all helpful. A bit disappointing like you said. I think the speakers are great sounding in a 2 channel configuration but integrating them in a home theater is a bit difficult. I think if you HAVE a sub, your best bet is to treat the Tritons like full range towers and only run the LFE to your sub. I don't currently have that option as I sold off my entire HT system when I bought the Tritons and didn't budget for a sub. I don't believe the Tritons go as low as their specs claim so I'm probably going to want to add a sub eventually regardless. Just a bit disappointing. I might have made a different choice like maybe getting the Triton 5s if I knew the "subs" in the Triton 1s were going to cause so much trouble.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Triton 5 owners please chime in..

I am thinking of replacing my current energy take twr/fps (fronts/center) with Triton 5's. Going with this because I have some limitations with depth. I am also considering ML 40's, SVS prime's, or aperion verus.

I would like to hear from 5 owners and find out why they chose what they did over the competition.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they're not very helpful on the GoldenEar forum. I was treated very aggressively IMO. They just kept telling me to set it by ear. They also told me not to use Audyssey because its crap (even though its never caused me a problem before). Then they said set the channels with an SPL meter, which I tried... the LFE channel is still WAY too hot. They then told me its because the SPL meter is off on the bass tones. Then they told me I was the ONLY one with a problem. Luckily a couple other members came to my rescue but they didn't have a solution. They just set it by ear.

Not at all helpful. A bit disappointing like you said. I think the speakers are great sounding in a 2 channel configuration but integrating them in a home theater is a bit difficult. I think if you HAVE a sub, your best bet is to treat the Tritons like full range towers and only run the LFE to your sub. I don't currently have that option as I sold off my entire HT system when I bought the Tritons and didn't budget for a sub. I don't believe the Tritons go as low as their specs claim so I'm probably going to want to add a sub eventually regardless. Just a bit disappointing. I might have made a different choice like maybe getting the Triton 5s if I knew the "subs" in the Triton 1s were going to cause so much trouble.
I read the thread on the GoldenEar forum the other day. I'm not sure why they went from 0 to douchebag so quickly.

There is a problem. The problem can be corrected with some manual tweaking. I'm not completely happy with my results yet because I haven't tried every possible configuration with my 7010/T1's/Subercube.

Right now i'm keeping my LFE at 12 on the T1's skipping the sub config in Audyssey and manually messing with the levels.

My music sounds "golden"! I'm going from HTPC -> HD-DAC1 -> 7010(direct) -> T1's. My movies are sounding better, but i'm not there yet.

I don't completely understand what all the settings on the 7010 do and how its affecting my movie experience. In a few more weeks i'll have a more definitive opinion/suggestion.

Have you pulled the trigger on the 7010? Considering something else?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I read the thread on the GoldenEar forum the other day. I'm not sure why they went from 0 to douchebag so quickly.

There is a problem. The problem can be corrected with some manual tweaking. I'm not completely happy with my results yet because I haven't tried every possible configuration with my 7010/T1's/Subercube.

Right now i'm keeping my LFE at 12 on the T1's skipping the sub config in Audyssey and manually messing with the levels.

My music sounds "golden"! I'm going from HTPC -> HD-DAC1 -> 7010(direct) -> T1's. My movies are sounding better, but i'm not there yet.

I don't completely understand what all the settings on the 7010 do and how its affecting my movie experience. In a few more weeks i'll have a more definitive opinion/suggestion.

Have you pulled the trigger on the 7010? Considering something else?
I agree, its not hard to get the Tritons sounding good for music (IMO). They are really good. I just think the input sensitivity on the LFE input makes it much more difficult to get things set up right for Home Theater and I go back to my previous statement... if you dial them in to sound great full range and have a separate subwoofer, you're probably good to go. If you want to rely on the Tritons built-in subs you are in for some fiddling. My dealer has T1 fronts and T2 surrounds with the in-ceiling speakers for back surrounds and Atmos. I can't imagine what they went through to get all 4 subs dialed in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement