GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 311Likes
post #3841 of 3847 Unread 02-02-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksas View Post
Does anyone know if GoldenEar offers an in home trial period of some sort, and maybe involving free shipping at least one way?
I'm looking into these as well. Really interested in the htr 7000 for Atmos but figured I'd check out the Triton as well.

What I'm finding is they only use a local retail dealer model. I don't have any dealers locally and they do not sell online. So.....can't buy these then?

Regardless of what they sound like at a demo the only sure way to know if they sound good in your space is to test them there.

Last edited by dwaleke; 02-02-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3847 Unread 02-02-2016, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Sorry, guys, GE is pretty old school about this. Dealers only, no online sales period. You might get a dealer to agree to an in-home, but you're not getting anything straight from the factory.
post #3843 of 3847 Unread 02-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Budny View Post
Please see post #3756 . Doesn't look like they are currently working on anything.

post #3844 of 3847 Unread 02-03-2016, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreakit View Post
Ajax-jp

Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have it any sort of isolation pads under your center, or any batting behind it? Have you tried it on top to see if there's any sound difference?

Very nice cabinet you have there, by the way. I kind of wish my equipment would fit in a standard cabinet, but then this would be easy and that's unheard of.
I don't have my SuperCentre XL centre channel mounted on TOP of my low cabinet.
TV is on the wall centred at eye level for fatigue free viewing.
While it's never ideal to place a speaker inside a box, if you have to, the best you can do is ensure the front of the speaker is at the front edge, or preferably beyond the front edge.

For my setup - I aim the centre speaker up to point at the MLP ear level with Sorbothane vibration isolators.
I use the hemisphere isolators with the proper durometer for the frequency and mass of the speaker. I have the 1.5" hemispheres 30 durometer rated for 4-7lbs compression. I use 4 in the front of the speaker (2 spheres), 2 in the back - hemispheres.
The idea is to decouple the speaker enclosure as best as possible from the crappy cabinet it rests on to try to avoid the cabinet colouring the sound (virtually impossible).

I also double up the hemispheres to decouple my subs from the floor. I'm sure my neighbours appreciate that - 8 of the 1.5" diameter 30 durometer units per 35lb sub result in the proper compression.

Sorbothane is magnitudes better at damping than foam, or rubber.

I use them on my direct drive washing machine too. Without them the house shakes on the spin cycle - with them - almost quiet.
For the washing machine they are much stiffer to deal with the load.

FWIW - my 7's are crossed over @ 80Hz and the passive radiators near the floor are very close to boundaries (~ 6" or so). I haven't noticed any issues. Nothing that ARC couldn't take care of anyway.
post #3845 of 3847 Unread 02-04-2016, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Incriminator -

Great info about Sorbothane, thank you. I'll be sure to check into it for other speakers and equipment as well.

I'm still experimenting with different boxes and materials around the SuperCenter XL. I've received lots of very helpful information here at AVS, I"m confident that this will work out.
post #3846 of 3847 Unread Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I too am interested in the XL soundbar - but was told that the Supersat 60's in F/C/R configuration would sound even better - true?

I would also be using either the Supersat 50's or 3's as rears.

But, oddly, I cannot find any professional reviews of the 60's.

From the absolute rave professional reviews the XL soundbar received - I would think the 3 60's in front would sound even better?
post #3847 of 3847 Unread Today, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
I too am interested in the XL soundbar - but was told that the Supersat 60's in F/C/R configuration would sound even better - true?

I would also be using either the Supersat 50's or 3's as rears.

But, oddly, I cannot find any professional reviews of the 60's.

From the absolute rave professional reviews the XL soundbar received - I would think the 3 60's in front would sound even better?
If I had to take a guess, I'd imagine that the extra drivers in each of the 60s means they'll be able to play lower/louder than the Array. Good for larger rooms.

I think which would sound better is depending on how you'd be able to set them up.

If you are able to get the L/R SuperSats far apart (wider than the distance to your listening position) I'd imagine it would sound fantastic. If you could only mounted the SuperSats right next to your TV, the extra tech inside of the Array may help disperse the sound wider in your room and may be preferred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers