GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 343Likes
post #4021 of 4031 Unread 06-17-2016, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you murphy2112 , Given the room size 24 X 18 ft X 9 ' , does the separates make sense ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4031 Unread 06-17-2016, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
Good choice. I would recommend you look into the Marantz line. You can get by without a center channel too with the Triton 1s. That is what I run (though I am using a center channel now) . I have the separates Pre/Pro and Amp but their amps are good for GoldenEars and they just released some new receivers.

Thank you murphy2112 , Given the room size 24 X 18 ft X 9 ' , does the separates make sense ? can you suggest few model numbers ?
post #4023 of 4031 Unread 06-17-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I have the Marantz 8802A and also the 8801. You can see their models here : http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pa...Id=AVSeparates
post #4024 of 4031 Unread 06-20-2016, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Mes...16, tell us all more about your room like size for example, seating distance from the screen, acoustics or present room design and purpose.

With more information you will get better input and suggestions from other experienced members.

Mike Miles
post #4025 of 4031 Unread 06-23-2016, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, As you have a fairly large room, I would suggest either Triton Two+ or Triton One. In terms of amps and processors, all three brands that you mention are very good. I would also suggest Marantz in terms of separate processors. In terms of amps for HT systems, the sky is the limit, depending on your budget. You may want to also look at Parasound. All the Best, Sandy
Following Sandy's advice, I took a look at Parasound and landed on their Halo Integrated Amplifier (2.1). I should get it in a sometime next week and can't wait to integrate it into my system. For now, it will run my Triton Sevens and eventually run either Triton Two+'s or Ones.
murphy2112 likes this.
post #4026 of 4031 Unread 07-16-2016, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin85 View Post
Following Sandy's advice, I took a look at Parasound and landed on their Halo Integrated Amplifier (2.1). I should get it in a sometime next week and can't wait to integrate it into my system. For now, it will run my Triton Sevens and eventually run either Triton Two+'s or Ones.
How do you like the Parasound? I'm thinking of getting the same one to drive my T2's. A friend has the Halo in his high end system, and it sounds excellent, very natural and well balanced. Is it able to drive the T7's pretty loud without distortion?

Oppo 105
Rotel RMB-1565
Emotiva UPA-2
Goldenear Triton 2, SCXL, SS3
SVS PC12-Plus
post #4027 of 4031 Unread 07-17-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcms6 View Post
How do you like the Parasound? I'm thinking of getting the same one to drive my T2's. A friend has the Halo in his high end system, and it sounds excellent, very natural and well balanced. Is it able to drive the T7's pretty loud without distortion?
I really like it! I have it sitting up front with the Sevens and in which it's "cutoff" from my other AV gear when listening to music. Given that I historically ran the speakers off my Marantz AVR in the back media closet, I was able to eliminate my long speaker runs from the back of the room to the front. Instead, I now have two 15ft cable runs with 10AWG Blue Jeans cables, so I feel this setup gives me a simplistic, yet very high quality 2(.1) channel setup. At this point, I've yet to use anything but the USB input, but am extremely pleased.

I'd say all the reviews are accurate in that it offers plenty of power and is very much neutral. With the Sevens, I rarely go beyond 25% of the available volume on tap with no audible distortion (same comment when I get brave [and stupid] enough to crank it to 50%). I suspect with the Ones, Twos, etc., it will have no problem easily running them due to the Triton's high efficiency rating, coupled with the fact that the Triton Ones, Twos, and Threes offload the bass to the onboard amps.

I drove to San Antonio (from Houston) this past weekend to listen to Mike Lang at Bjorns. He stated that Sandy was very pleased last year when he ran into a booth running Triton Ones and the Parasound Halo Integrated...so much so that he now recommends them as a great pairing with his product (see his response to my previous question).

Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier | Mac + Audirvana | Oppo BDP-103 | GoldenEar Triton 7 | Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer | Blue Jeans Cables
post #4028 of 4031 Unread 07-18-2016, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin85 View Post
I really like it! I have it sitting up front with the Sevens and in which it's "cutoff" from my other AV gear when listening to music.
Thanks for the input. I am using the Oppo 105 as my preamp/processor, driving amps in my 5.1 system. It has a great DAC section, so the Halo is a bit redundant in that regard as it uses almost the same DAC chipset. However the Halo is more flexible and should do a much better job at bass management between the T2's and my SVS, which is a problem with the Oppo setup. I'm still on the fence, but it's great to know that it's a great match with GE.

BTW I also use Mac+ Audirvana and then through an iFi iUSB for some of my listening

Oppo 105
Rotel RMB-1565
Emotiva UPA-2
Goldenear Triton 2, SCXL, SS3
SVS PC12-Plus
post #4029 of 4031 Unread Today, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by epg0 View Post
I have an open, two story, floor plan (7600 cu. ft.) for my main living space.

The budget will allow a pair of Triton 3+ with a Super Center XXL, or a par of T5s with a Super Center XXL, and a 15 inch sub.

My issue is, I am not sure I will have a spot I can place the 15 inch sub. I am not sure my wife will allow me to place it right up in the front sound stage, being our main area. I am not in the house yet, to be able to determine if another spot will feasibly work, more hidden.

This will be mainly for HT (70/30), so some bass, is needed to start. Would going with the T3+ to start, and then adding more bass later, if needed - be the best plan for this space?

Also, I most likely wont be able to pull these towers out, more than a foot from the wall, since the TV will be mounted and the center stand will be minimalistic.
I have a smilar space for my main living area.

I went with an even more minimalist (stealthy) system. I'm using a 3D Array X with a Denon AVR-X3200 receiver and a single sealed KEF Q400b 10" sub at the moment. This is not my main system, but I'm astounded at the performance so far for music, tv, and movies. I'm returning my current sub (KEF Q400b) and picking up a Rythmik L12 (eventually a second L12 as well). This system as-is, is a completely legitimate system and once the bass is up to par (and I add some large acoustic art-panels) it will be even more so. The current sub isn't great, especially in a room this big but I almost can't believe how loudly and cleanly this system with the 3D Array X can play. It adequately fills my large main floor living area with sound when I want it to.

I'm looking at potentially adding a pair of Invisa 525's in ceiling to make it a full fledged surround system, but I am more than impressed with the quality of the GolenEar speakers (specifically the 3D Array X). I was expecting a big sacrifice going with a passive sound bar for this system, but this has not been the case at all. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with whichever Tritons you go with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0975.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1564905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0980.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1564913  
murphy2112 likes this.

Last edited by Nick V; Today at 03:47 PM.
post #4030 of 4031 Unread Today, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 266
^^ This last picture looks like it could be a tiny 3x5" display above a larger soap dish in your shower! Or, a large display above a nice fireplace. In all seriousness, though, your room looks exquisite!

I've heard good things about Rythmik subs.
post #4031 of 4031 Unread Today, 06:31 PM

Any of you guys hear about the new reference line that GoldenEar is working on? It's supposed to employ a powered woofer section similar to the Triton, but be a more premium speaker (including the looks/finish) and not go under the Triton product line.

Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier | Mac + Audirvana | Oppo BDP-103 | GoldenEar Triton 7 | Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer | Blue Jeans Cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers