GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 565Likes

post #4501 of 4653 Old 05-27-2017, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Hello Sandy

Which is "better" for a 50/50 music/movies set up - the 3D Array XL soundbar or three SuperSat 50 speakers for the LCR channels?

I am also looking to use the SuperSat 3 speakers for the rear channels and the SuperSub X for the sub.

Thanks!

Guess not.

Sony A1E or Sony Z9D
Sony X1000 or Oppo 203
Sony HT-ST5000 or GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4502 of 4653 Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hello Sandy

Which is "better" for a 50/50 music/movies set up - the 3D Array XL soundbar or three SuperSat 50 speakers for the LCR channels?

I am also looking to use the SuperSat 3 speakers for the rear channels and the SuperSub X for the sub.

Thanks!
I have the 3D Array XL and it's great. However, my space limitations required a soundbar. If I had been able, I would have gone with separates. Even though the 3D XL is very good, separates are going to give a better sound field. If you have the space, go separates.
post #4503 of 4653 Old 05-31-2017, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 219
GoldenEar Vs Klipsch Reference Premiere

Hi everyone, I'm about two weeks out from buying new speakers for my home theater and I'm leaning towards the Triton Fives and the XXL Center. I currently use Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers and while I do like them for music in my living room they are a little to bright/harsh when I turn up the volume during a movie. I was looking at the new KEF Q series but I am really tempted by the GoldenEars. Any opinions on using the GoldenEars vs Klipsch for home theater or just any other comments anyone wants to make about the speakers that I have chosen?

post #4504 of 4653 Old 05-31-2017, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm about two weeks out from buying new speakers for my home theater and I'm leaning towards the Triton Fives and the XXL Center. I currently use Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers and while I do like them for music in my living room they are a little to bright/harsh when I turn up the volume during a movie. I was looking at the new KEF Q series but I am really tempted by the GoldenEars. Any opinions on using the GoldenEars vs Klipsch for home theater or just any other comments anyone wants to make about the speakers that I have chosen?

I Demoed a ton of stuff before I bought the speakers in my signature. B&w, klipsch, KEF, pioneer etc. Go with the goldenear's mentioned, you will not regret it. Nothing really even came close in my experience. They have a very neutral sound, and the tweeters are so crisp it's unreal. If you can listen in person I would highly recommend that.

65" LGB6, Denon x3300 (5.1.2), 2x Goldenear triton 7 mains, Goldenear supercenter xl center, 2x fluance xlbp surrounds, 2x micca m-8c for in ceiling top middle Dolby atmos, bic f12 subwoofer, Ps4 pro, UBD-k8500.
post #4505 of 4653 Old 05-31-2017, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Just replaced my flagship Polk LSiM setup with T5's upfront, xxl Center and T7's in the rear...awesome detail for HT!! Also run dual FF5's which makes a big difference...tweeters are hugely detailed and xxl Center is crisp and clean...if you watched Hacksaw Ridge when the seargent is ripping the boys up, he sounds like he is in your living room!!!

Anthem mrx-1120, Anthem MCA-30, Panasonic ub900, jvc x950, 120" 2.35 screen, Goldenear T5's, Goldenear T7's, Goldenear xxl Center, Goldenear FF5 subs (2), atmos 5.2.4
post #4506 of 4653 Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
I Demoed a ton of stuff before I bought the speakers in my signature. B&w, klipsch, KEF, pioneer etc. Go with the goldenear's mentioned, you will not regret it. Nothing really even came close in my experience. They have a very neutral sound, and the tweeters are so crisp it's unreal. If you can listen in person I would highly recommend that.

65" LGB6, Denon x3300 (5.1.2), 2x Goldenear triton 7 mains, Goldenear supercenter xl center, 2x fluance xlbp surrounds, 2x micca m-8c for in ceiling top middle Dolby atmos, bic f12 subwoofer, Ps4 pro, UBD-k8500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Just replaced my flagship Polk LSiM setup with T5's upfront, xxl Center and T7's in the rear...awesome detail for HT!! Also run dual FF5's which makes a big difference...tweeters are hugely detailed and xxl Center is crisp and clean...if you watched Hacksaw Ridge when the seargent is ripping the boys up, he sounds like he is in your living room!!!
Thank you for the information. When I make a purchase like this I have to keep them for a while.
asharma likes this.
post #4507 of 4653 Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post

Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up (assuming you had the 707/705 for fronts, etc.) and the Tritons?

Sony A1E or Sony Z9D
Sony X1000 or Oppo 203
Sony HT-ST5000 or GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL
post #4508 of 4653 Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up (assuming you had the 707/705 for fronts, etc.) and the Tritons?
I had the 707s up front and 705s in the rear and 706 Center...the 707s are better for 2 channel music but for HT the Triton ribbon tweeter in the 4 towers coupled with the xxl Center seem to be more detailed for HT. I can without a doubt say the xxl Center puts the 706 to shame...my preference has moved away from 2 channel music to 4k HT...

Anthem mrx-1120, Anthem MCA-30, Panasonic ub900, jvc x950, 120" 2.35 screen, Goldenear T5's, Goldenear T7's, Goldenear xxl Center, Goldenear FF5 subs (2), atmos 5.2.4
post #4509 of 4653 Old 06-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up ... and the Tritons?
They have very different tweeters, so I'd expect them to sound different. Whether that's better is up to the listener. Personally, I don't plan to ever go back to a dome tweeter design in any speaker I purchase.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
post #4510 of 4653 Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Had the 707s also in two channel . Now I have the triton 1 for two channel. Sound is much better. High frequencies don't drop off like they did with lsim 707

Sony A1E
Triton one
post #4511 of 4653 Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I have to chime-in here that my first "religious experience" with loudspeakers was with the Heil AMT-1 back in the 70s. Those speakers are long gone but my fond memories remain thus my new HT is gonna get Tritons, though honestly I have yet to audition them.

The folded-ribbon tweeter in the Heils was the most amazing thing I ever heard.
post #4512 of 4653 Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hi all,

Longtime Sandy Gross fan here, i adore my DefTech 7002 , CLR 2500 and Trinity and have loved the sound they have produced since owning the 7002/2500 since 2007 and the Trinity since 2010 in my condo.. powered by my Parasound A52 and Yammie A5000 with Monster Speaker Z2 cables and audioquest RCA's/HDMI from my Oppo 105D..(using Infinity bookshelf Entra mini's as rears and entra center as rear center) No atmos/dts-x . However ... i have recently thought of upgrading since i am moving to a new house in the next few months ( we are selling our condo and upgrading) haven't picked out the house just yet but in the process of doing that as well...

I told myself if i ever get tired of these DefTech speakers and decide to finally upgrade , it will be the Goldenear speakers.. have heard the 1st generation Triton 2 and the Triton 1 and based on my limited sessions i belIeve that these are the only true upgrades to my def tech's , in fact i think they sound better..on music (did not get a chance to hear them on movies, but assume they are an improvement as well) I don't know what my new room will look like.. but i have an idea of what i want to do to make the upgrade worthwhile... will probably listen again before making the final purchase...

Thinking of going with --- Triton Two Plus (probably my best bang for the buck. want the highest end i can get for the $$)
Triton SuperCenter XXL (one for front and one for rear or XL for rear center(s)
Aon 2 for rears or supersats 3’s?
Aon 2 for another of rear(s) for ATmos/DTS-X , supersats?
Still going to use my DefTech Trinity Sub (not sure if the SuperSUb XXL is an upgrade )
upgrading to the Parasound A51 (my A52's bigger brother)
upgrading to the Parasound 2250 (my 2125's bigger brother) for rears plus a second 2250 if needed for Atmos/DTS-X
upgrading to YAMMIE CX-a5100 Atmos/DTS-X PRE/PRO
Assuming I am going with a larger living space so I can accommodate the Atmos/DTS X

Will let you know what room size I am going with .. enjoy talking with you guys about it and if you have any suggestions I appreciate it.. I am excited about getting a freestanding house and excited about upgrading my equipment…. 😊

Michael P.

(future goldenear owner 😊 )
post #4513 of 4653 Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Sandy,

How do the sub sections of the upcoming Triton Reference towers compare with your SuperSub XXL? As I understand it from reading reviews across the web, the SuperSub XXL is a very capable midsize sub and can dig deep while still being very musical. I am curious how the Reference sub section will stack up to the XXL and whether Reference owners will want to (or feel the need to) add the XXL to their system to get deep visceral bass for movies.

I would also like your thoughts on how you would wire the Reference (or Triton Ones) if you added the SuperSub XXL to your room. Would you run the Triton towers full range with just speaker wire and only run LFE to the SuperSub XXL or would you get a y-splitter and run both the Triton towers and the SuperSub XXL via LFE?

I would also love it if you could share your thoughts on how your SuperSub XXL stacks up to the new sealed SVS SB16 Ultra sub.

Thanks!
Nick V, BearGator56 and slimDub13 like this.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVM 60
Amps: Outlaw Audio 7700 (ear level) & Emotiva Gen 3 (ceiling)
Speakers: GoldenEar Technology T1s, SC XXL, SS 3's, T5's & HTR 7000 x 4
Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 2
Display: Epson 5040UB & 110" Screen Innovations 7 Series Zero Edge Black Diamond 1.4 with LED Light Kit
post #4514 of 4653 Old 07-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Really upset I had a chance to listen to the Triton Refernces today! I now have to figure out how I'm going to obtain them! FML! I mean I absolutely love my Triton 1s which I traded up from the Triton 2s but the reference speakers are just in a different class. I listened to the reference, 1s and 2s today for a good 45 mins and the refernces made me feel like I was at a concert. One of my friends who's a paradigm signature guy said they where unbelievable. Damn damn damn! Gonna have to beg, borrow and maybe steal!
hydrotex and wc_av like this.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
post #4515 of 4653 Old 07-02-2017, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Really upset I had a chance to listen to the Triton Refernces today! I now have to figure out how I'm going to obtain them! FML! I mean I absolutely love my Triton 1s which I traded up from the Triton 2s but the reference speakers are just in a different class. I listened to the reference, 1s and 2s today for a good 45 mins and the refernces made me feel like I was at a concert. One of my friends who's a paradigm signature guy said they where unbelievable. Damn damn damn! Gonna have to beg, borrow and maybe steal!
That's why I try to stay from A/V shops, new car dealers, etc. unless I am actually in the market for something new. Discipline!
mikejedi123 and austin85 like this.
post #4516 of 4653 Old 07-04-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
That's why I try to stay from A/V shops, new car dealers, etc. unless I am actually in the market for something new. Discipline!
I know but I'm such a big fan of Goldenear and I was convinced that the gap between the two speakers wouldn't be that great. I'm not exaggerating I was really blown away. I went to Axpona this past year and heard a lot of great speakers and would put my Triton 1s up there with them but the Reference is really a step up. I'm wondering if they will have a new Center channel to go with the Reference.
wc_av likes this.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
post #4517 of 4653 Old 07-04-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...I was convinced that the gap between the two speakers wouldn't be that great. I'm not exaggerating I was really blown away...
It is hard to understand how the difference could be quite that great; presumably you paid close attention to things like volume levels (just a small increase in loudness could be a major factor)?
post #4518 of 4653 Old 07-04-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
It is hard to understand how the difference could be quite that great; presumably you paid close attention to things like volume levels (just a small increase in loudness could be a major factor)?
This is the dealer I bought all my goldenear gear and I've listened to a lot of different speakers in his shop including, Bryson, Martin Logan and Paradigm. He had the reference and Triton 2s in one room and the Triton 1s in another. He had the same processor and amps in both rooms. I had him play multiple multiple selections the same songs on all three speakers. At one point I was going between the two rooms listening to the same song in both rooms. He can play the same song in both rooms at the same time. I had him adjust the volume up and down on different selections. Just like there is a difference between the Triton 1s vs Triton 2s there is an equal or larger difference between the Refernce and Triton 1s. I still love my 1s just like I loved my 2s. Just one mans opinion
wc_av likes this.

post #4519 of 4653 Old 07-05-2017, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is the dealer I bought all my goldenear gear and I've listened to a lot of different speakers in his shop including, Bryson, Martin Logan and Paradigm. He had the reference and Triton 2s in one room and the Triton 1s in another. He had the same processor and amps in both rooms. I had him play multiple multiple selections the same songs on all three speakers. At one point I was going between the two rooms listening to the same song in both rooms. He can play the same song in both rooms at the same time. I had him adjust the volume up and down on different selections. Just like there is a difference between the Triton 1s vs Triton 2s there is an equal or larger difference between the Refernce and Triton 1s. I still love my 1s just like I loved my 2s. Just one mans opinion
Thanks for explaining--it seems you've got as good an auditioning dealer as is possible to have.

I have been thinking that I need to get "the best" for my new-and-probably-final HT setup but now I may have to pay $3500 more than I thought!?!?!!!

post #4520 of 4653 Old 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for explaining--it seems you've got as good an auditioning dealer as is possible to have.

I have been thinking that I need to get "the best" for my new-and-probably-final HT setup but now I may have to pay $3500 more than I thought!?!?!!!

Agreed! When I purchased my 2s I said it'll be 10 years until I need new speakers. Then came the ones it's like I'm trapped in a loop but seriously I think I can really say that I'll have statement speakers that provide truly remarkable sound

post #4521 of 4653 Old 07-06-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Agreed! When I purchased my 2s I said it'll be 10 years until I need new speakers. Then came the ones it's like I'm trapped in a loop but seriously I think I can really say that I'll have statement speakers that provide truly remarkable sound
I could look-up IL dealers but I wonder if you would please tell yours...?
post #4522 of 4653 Old 07-06-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I could look-up IL dealers but I wonder if you would please tell yours...?
Deluxe Audio video in Naperville. I've bought a lot of products from them. Including AV.
Laserfan likes this.

post #4523 of 4653 Old 07-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Look what got here today!!! I'm going to let them break in for 80 hours before any listening/thoughts/impressions
Ediddy likes this.

Anthem/Theta Digital/MartinLogan Electrostats/Sony ES FPJ/
post #4524 of 4653 Old 07-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
Look what got here today!!! I'm going to let them break in for 80 hours before any listening/thoughts/impressions
^^ Can't see the pic.

Austin A's Dedicated Theater Build

Sony HW40ES | 120" Elite Screen | Marantz SR5007 | Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier | Mac + Audirvana | Oppo BDP-103 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Triton Seven | Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer | Pangea Power Cables | Blue Jeans Cables | GIK Soffit Bass Traps (x8), 244 Bass Traps (x6) & Polyfusers (x3)
post #4525 of 4653 Old 07-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin85 View Post
^^ Can't see the pic.

Oops, here's some more. They're next to MartinLogan 11As for comparison. They look like Triton 1s on steroids. Will listen to them next week and offer my thoughts.

wc_av likes this.

Anthem/Theta Digital/MartinLogan Electrostats/Sony ES FPJ/
post #4526 of 4653 Old 07-12-2017, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Whoo!

Austin A's Dedicated Theater Build

Sony HW40ES | 120" Elite Screen | Marantz SR5007 | Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier | Mac + Audirvana | Oppo BDP-103 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Triton Seven | Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer | Pangea Power Cables | Blue Jeans Cables | GIK Soffit Bass Traps (x8), 244 Bass Traps (x6) & Polyfusers (x3)
post #4527 of 4653 Old 07-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Oops, here's some more. They're next to MartinLogan 11As for comparison. They look like Triton 1s on steroids. Will listen to them next week and offer my thoughts.
Very nice!

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo UDP-203 | ATV3 | Popcorn Hour V-Ten | LG OLED 65E6P | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1 | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2)
GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra
post #4528 of 4653 Old 07-13-2017, 12:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 81
It appears one of my Triton 2's radiator/subwoofer is not working any more. I tried unplugging and replugging the power but doesn't seem the work. The tweeter and mid-range still works and the green LED is solidly lit. Anybody know what else I can try?

My other T2 is working perfectly and has no issues but it had it's board replaced last year when the flashing green LED issue started happening.

My ArgyllCMS/MadVR 3DLUT Creation Workflow
My Sharp Elite Movie THX AV Mode Settings
--Aug 2011 Set, 2.2 gamma [ link ]
--Nov 2012 Set, 2.2 gamma [ link ]
post #4529 of 4653 Old 07-13-2017, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3W813 View Post
It appears one of my Triton 2's radiator/subwoofer is not working any more. I tried unplugging and replugging the power but doesn't seem the work. The tweeter and mid-range still works and the green LED is solidly lit. Anybody know what else I can try?

My other T2 is working perfectly and has no issues but it had it's board replaced last year when the flashing green LED issue started happening.
I would contact GoldenEar..
post #4530 of 4653 Old 07-13-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Really jealous

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page