GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 517Likes

Old 05-27-2017, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Hello Sandy

Which is "better" for a 50/50 music/movies set up - the 3D Array XL soundbar or three SuperSat 50 speakers for the LCR channels?

I am also looking to use the SuperSat 3 speakers for the rear channels and the SuperSub X for the sub.

Thanks!

Guess not.

Sony A1E or Sony Z9D
Sony X1000 or Oppo 203
Sony HT-ST5000 or GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hello Sandy

Which is "better" for a 50/50 music/movies set up - the 3D Array XL soundbar or three SuperSat 50 speakers for the LCR channels?

I am also looking to use the SuperSat 3 speakers for the rear channels and the SuperSub X for the sub.

Thanks!
I have the 3D Array XL and it's great. However, my space limitations required a soundbar. If I had been able, I would have gone with separates. Even though the 3D XL is very good, separates are going to give a better sound field. If you have the space, go separates.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 126
GoldenEar Vs Klipsch Reference Premiere

Hi everyone, I'm about two weeks out from buying new speakers for my home theater and I'm leaning towards the Triton Fives and the XXL Center. I currently use Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers and while I do like them for music in my living room they are a little to bright/harsh when I turn up the volume during a movie. I was looking at the new KEF Q series but I am really tempted by the GoldenEars. Any opinions on using the GoldenEars vs Klipsch for home theater or just any other comments anyone wants to make about the speakers that I have chosen?

Old 05-31-2017, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm about two weeks out from buying new speakers for my home theater and I'm leaning towards the Triton Fives and the XXL Center. I currently use Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers and while I do like them for music in my living room they are a little to bright/harsh when I turn up the volume during a movie. I was looking at the new KEF Q series but I am really tempted by the GoldenEars. Any opinions on using the GoldenEars vs Klipsch for home theater or just any other comments anyone wants to make about the speakers that I have chosen?

I Demoed a ton of stuff before I bought the speakers in my signature. B&w, klipsch, KEF, pioneer etc. Go with the goldenear's mentioned, you will not regret it. Nothing really even came close in my experience. They have a very neutral sound, and the tweeters are so crisp it's unreal. If you can listen in person I would highly recommend that.

65" LGB6, Denon x3300 (5.1.2), 2x Goldenear triton 7 mains, Goldenear supercenter xl center, 2x fluance xlbp surrounds, 2x micca m-8c for in ceiling top middle Dolby atmos, bic f12 subwoofer, Ps4 pro, UBD-k8500.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Just replaced my flagship Polk LSiM setup with T5's upfront, xxl Center and T7's in the rear...awesome detail for HT!! Also run dual FF5's which makes a big difference...tweeters are hugely detailed and xxl Center is crisp and clean...if you watched Hacksaw Ridge when the seargent is ripping the boys up, he sounds like he is in your living room!!!

Anthem mrx-1120, Anthem MCA-30, Panasonic ub900, jvc x950, 120" 2.35 screen, Goldenear T5's, Goldenear T7's, Goldenear xxl Center, Goldenear FF5 subs (2), atmos 7.2.4
Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
I Demoed a ton of stuff before I bought the speakers in my signature. B&w, klipsch, KEF, pioneer etc. Go with the goldenear's mentioned, you will not regret it. Nothing really even came close in my experience. They have a very neutral sound, and the tweeters are so crisp it's unreal. If you can listen in person I would highly recommend that.

65" LGB6, Denon x3300 (5.1.2), 2x Goldenear triton 7 mains, Goldenear supercenter xl center, 2x fluance xlbp surrounds, 2x micca m-8c for in ceiling top middle Dolby atmos, bic f12 subwoofer, Ps4 pro, UBD-k8500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Just replaced my flagship Polk LSiM setup with T5's upfront, xxl Center and T7's in the rear...awesome detail for HT!! Also run dual FF5's which makes a big difference...tweeters are hugely detailed and xxl Center is crisp and clean...if you watched Hacksaw Ridge when the seargent is ripping the boys up, he sounds like he is in your living room!!!
Thank you for the information. When I make a purchase like this I have to keep them for a while.
asharma likes this.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post

Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up (assuming you had the 707/705 for fronts, etc.) and the Tritons?

Sony A1E or Sony Z9D
Sony X1000 or Oppo 203
Sony HT-ST5000 or GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL
Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up (assuming you had the 707/705 for fronts, etc.) and the Tritons?
I had the 707s up front and 705s in the rear and 706 Center...the 707s are better for 2 channel music but for HT the Triton ribbon tweeter in the 4 towers coupled with the xxl Center seem to be more detailed for HT. I can without a doubt say the xxl Center puts the 706 to shame...my preference has moved away from 2 channel music to 4k HT...

Anthem mrx-1120, Anthem MCA-30, Panasonic ub900, jvc x950, 120" 2.35 screen, Goldenear T5's, Goldenear T7's, Goldenear xxl Center, Goldenear FF5 subs (2), atmos 7.2.4
Old 06-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Is there really that much of a difference between the LSiM set up ... and the Tritons?
They have very different tweeters, so I'd expect them to sound different. Whether that's better is up to the listener. Personally, I don't plan to ever go back to a dome tweeter design in any speaker I purchase.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Had the 707s also in two channel . Now I have the triton 1 for two channel. Sound is much better. High frequencies don't drop off like they did with lsim 707

Sony A1E
Triton one
Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have to chime-in here that my first "religious experience" with loudspeakers was with the Heil AMT-1 back in the 70s. Those speakers are long gone but my fond memories remain thus my new HT is gonna get Tritons, though honestly I have yet to audition them.

The folded-ribbon tweeter in the Heils was the most amazing thing I ever heard.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Hi all,

Longtime Sandy Gross fan here, i adore my DefTech 7002 , CLR 2500 and Trinity and have loved the sound they have produced since owning the 7002/2500 since 2007 and the Trinity since 2010 in my condo.. powered by my Parasound A52 and Yammie A5000 with Monster Speaker Z2 cables and audioquest RCA's/HDMI from my Oppo 105D..(using Infinity bookshelf Entra mini's as rears and entra center as rear center) No atmos/dts-x . However ... i have recently thought of upgrading since i am moving to a new house in the next few months ( we are selling our condo and upgrading) haven't picked out the house just yet but in the process of doing that as well...

I told myself if i ever get tired of these DefTech speakers and decide to finally upgrade , it will be the Goldenear speakers.. have heard the 1st generation Triton 2 and the Triton 1 and based on my limited sessions i belIeve that these are the only true upgrades to my def tech's , in fact i think they sound better..on music (did not get a chance to hear them on movies, but assume they are an improvement as well) I don't know what my new room will look like.. but i have an idea of what i want to do to make the upgrade worthwhile... will probably listen again before making the final purchase...

Thinking of going with --- Triton Two Plus (probably my best bang for the buck. want the highest end i can get for the $$)
Triton SuperCenter XXL (one for front and one for rear or XL for rear center(s)
Aon 2 for rears or supersats 3’s?
Aon 2 for another of rear(s) for ATmos/DTS-X , supersats?
Still going to use my DefTech Trinity Sub (not sure if the SuperSUb XXL is an upgrade )
upgrading to the Parasound A51 (my A52's bigger brother)
upgrading to the Parasound 2250 (my 2125's bigger brother) for rears plus a second 2250 if needed for Atmos/DTS-X
upgrading to YAMMIE CX-a5100 Atmos/DTS-X PRE/PRO
Assuming I am going with a larger living space so I can accommodate the Atmos/DTS X

Will let you know what room size I am going with .. enjoy talking with you guys about it and if you have any suggestions I appreciate it.. I am excited about getting a freestanding house and excited about upgrading my equipment…. 😊

Michael P.

(future goldenear owner 😊 )
Old Today, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sandi,

How do the sub sections of the upcoming Triton Reference towers compare with your SuperSub XXL? As I understand it from reading reviews across the web, the SuperSub XXL is a very capable midsize sub and can dig deep while still being very musical. I am curious how the Reference sub section will stack up to the XXL and whether Reference owners will want to (or feel the need to) add the XXL to their system to get deep visceral bass for movies.

I would also like your thoughts on how you would wire the Reference (or Triton Ones) if you added the SuperSub XXL to your room. Would you run the Triton towers full range with just speaker wire and only run LFE to the SuperSub XXL or would you get a y-splitter and run both the Triton towers and the SuperSub XXL via LFE?

I would also love it if you could share your thoughts on how your SuperSub XXL stacks up to the new sealed SVS SB16 Ultra sub.

Thanks!

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVM 60
Amps: Outlaw Audio 7700 (ear level) & Emotiva Gen 3 (ceiling)
Speakers: GoldenEar Technology T1s, SC XXL, SS 3's, T5's & HTR 7000 x 4
Sources: Oppo 203, PS4 Pro, DirectTV
Display: Epson 5040UB & 110" Screen Innovations 7 Series Zero Edge Black Diamond 1.4 with LED Light Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement