GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 155 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 562Likes

post #4621 of 4622 Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 244
^^^

Sandy,

Great job on the new point source in walls. Excellent demo at CEDIA.

The Triton Reference was over the top good. The first time I heard it thank you for accommodating me. I've got some of the guys talking about on the $20K forum.

Mike Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 4622 Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, Based on what I am understanding, you are running Pre-Out into the LFE in, rather than LFE out and find the bass more dynamic on music. Basically, this would be the same as using the Bass Plus, Super Bass or Double Bass setting (whatever your processor calls it). This feeds the standard bass thru the speaker wires, and then layers on top of it another shot of bass again thru the LFE in, yielding "Double Bass". This is not really correct in terms of the most natural sound, but if this sounds better to you, so be it. It is all personal, after all. If all your settings are correct, when listening to two channel material, you should be getting no signal thru the LFE out, unless you are using Double Bass or, as you are doing, running Pre-Out into the LFE in. In terms of what you are hearing with movies, it is possible that bass management is sending the LFE into nowhere. I would guess that you have it set to Large Left and Right and Sub Yes. With the way you have the Pre-Out into the LFE-In, the LFE signal would not be outputted, as it would come out of LFE Out, but you are not using it, and would not be present in the speaker level out or Pre-Out, which would be the same, just Left and Right channel, and would not contain LFE. Thanks, Sandy
Wow Sandy thank you for responding.

I did not realize by connecting the left and right pre-outs I would be giving it a double bass signal.
I thought I would be giving it a full range signal, and that was why it was sounding better.
The funny thing is I thought by adding a bass boost in effect would give me terrible sound but find the bass is still very controlled and tight.
Just more to my liking as you said.

I love my Golden Ear speakers and will upgrade again some time in the future and move the older speakers upstairs lol.

Thanks again. Neal.

Fronts- Golden Ear Triton Two's, Def Tech BP2000, Center- Golden Ear Super Center XL, Surrounds- Def Tech BP30's & BPX's & PB 2x's, Subs- Rythmik LV12R, Receiver- Pioneer Elite SC67, CD/DVD- Pioneer Elite DV-79ia, Game- Xbox One.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page