GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 566Likes

post #4651 of 4654 Old 10-13-2017, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 255
That's quite the audition list. Sandy can be proud of the T-Ref since some on your audition list sell for $10,000 - $20,000.

Where do you live that had a Sonus Fabre, Triangle, Paradigm, B&W, Focal, Spendor, KEF, Revel and Totem dealers with stocked show rooms?

Must be audio heaven.

Mike Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 4654 Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
That's quite the audition list. Sandy can be proud of the T-Ref since some on your audition list sell for $10,000 - $20,000.

Where do you live that had a Sonus Fabre, Triangle, Paradigm, B&W, Focal, Spendor, KEF, Revel and Totem dealers with stocked show rooms?

Must be audio heaven.
I'm in San Francisco Bay Area and the whole audition process took a couple of months! Money no object, the absolute best performers for me were the B&W 802 D3 and T Reference. I considered the Sonus Faber Venere S too for its performance price ratio. The Triangle Signature Delta and Paradigm Persona were good but a bit too bright for my taste. I really wanted to listen to the PSB Image T3, but couldn't find a demo anywhere and its rear big ports probably won't work well in my medium-sized listening area anyway.
post #4653 of 4654 Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Out of those on the list I like the KEF, Focal and Revel.

I'm sure the T-Ref from GE will be give you untold enjoyment for years to come.
Shangri-La likes this.

Mike Miles

post #4654 of 4654 Old 10-20-2017, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello GoldenEar enthusiasts,

I have read through much of this thread, so I figured it was time I posted. A couple of months ago I bought a 5.1.2 system and finally had it installed last month and have been enjoying it so much I've decided to get two more speakers to complete the .4 for Atmos.

The system is currently supersat 60s for L/C/R, two HTR7000s for rear surround, and two Invisa650s for front height presence. I'm adding two more Invisa650s for rear height presence. I also got a supersub XL. A few people had recommended to go with something other than a GoldenEar sub but I have to admit I'm happy with the sub. It completes the sound in the way I was hoping/expecting. This is all being powered by a Yamaha 3060 which I'm pleased with as well. For some time I've been wanting a McIntosh amp and had been considering their MC207 but for now I think I'm content with the Yamaha.

I have the 7000 positioned about 15ft back from MLP on a 10ft ceiling and they work as intended (not sounding like sound is coming from ceiling) but I've bumped up the gains considerably from what the YPAO calibration yields. Perhaps that's not correct, but they seemed faint otherwise.

I chose the 60s because I wanted that extra active driver and also to better match a 75in TV.

It's been fun reading a lot of these posts and I'm sure we al appreciated every one's input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page