Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #2431 of 2452 Old 06-22-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
GoldenEar Triton One, Revisited

A follow up to the orignal review was posted on sound and vision.....I take it he took offense to being called out for the orginal review?

He goes further indepth to explain why and how the performance of the T1 is so good.........

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...80%99s-opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2452 Old 06-22-2014, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post

A follow up to the orignal review was posted on sound and vision.....I take it he took offense to being called out for the orginal review?

He goes further indepth to explain why and how the performance of the T1 is so good.........

Even as someone who pre-ordered the Triton Ones and is a fan of Sandy Gross, the first version was embarrassing journalism. While there was some added substance in the follow up piece, it's still a sad couple of articles.
mnc likes this.
post #2433 of 2452 Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I'm kind of glad he responded but I am also surprised. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but he was trying to get across the fact that these speakers are the culmination of Sandy's career. While it couldn't hurt to add some of the detail provided in the follow up in the original article I got the point.

People on the internet can be hyper critical and have never before access to writers, stars and athletes. We live in interesting times.
post #2434 of 2452 Old 06-24-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Been looking at these...

Been reading all I can on these, the Triton 2's and the 1's...I have been looking for about a year or so to put a system together. The wife and I really liked the Dec Tech bp 8080's but are real curious to hear the Tritons in person. Anyway sure enjoy these forums always full of good info.

Bobby

Last edited by BRob1; 06-24-2014 at 07:34 PM.
post #2435 of 2452 Old 06-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Who was the next publication that was supposed to be reviewing the Triton One? Was it Stereophile?

Anxious to hear more opinions of the actual sound in a variety of different scenarios. (movies, music)

I love reading about Sandy and the company, but when reading a product review I'm 95% focused on learning about that specific product. Save the detailed background for an article on Goldenear.
post #2436 of 2452 Old 06-28-2014, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Id like to hear some opinions from folks who are using T2s/T7s with a 7 channel amp.

Im in the process of building my new HT which will be used for:

gaming 35%
movies 35%
lossless music 30% (mainly classic rock)

room size 20x17x8

After EXHAUSTIVE research ive decided to pass on getting an intergrated system,mainly due to new technology that has yet settle(Atmos,HDMI 2.0,HDCP 2.2) so I want to avoid buying a 2014 unit that will become obsolete by this time next year.

Instead ive decided to do a basic system consisting of

OPPO 105D as my A/V center piece
PS3+PS4 for gaming
GE T2s or T7s+ sub(or T1s if I can hear them and justify the cost) and GE center and surrounds

Now I need to get some thoughts here on a 7 channel amp.My knowledge of separates is limited admittedly,but from what Ive read the amps Im interested in thus far are

NAD M25
Sunfire TGA-7401
Emotiva UPA-700

Can anyone offer advice on what ive mentioned,and/or suggest another amp im possibly over looking?
post #2437 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero2001 View Post
Id like to hear some opinions from folks who are using T2s/T7s with a 7 channel amp.

gaming 35%
movies 35%

room size 20x17x8

After EXHAUSTIVE research ive decided to pass on getting an intergrated system,mainly due to new technology that has yet settle(Atmos,HDMI 2.0,HDCP 2.2) so I want to avoid buying a 2014 unit that will become obsolete by this time next year.

PS3+PS4 for gaming
GE T2s or T7s+ sub(or T1s if I can hear them and justify the cost) and GE center and surrounds

Now I need to get some thoughts here on a 7 channel amp.My knowledge of separates is limited admittedly,but from what Ive read the amps Im interested in thus far are

NAD M25
Sunfire TGA-7401
Emotiva UPA-700

Can anyone offer advice on what ive mentioned,and/or suggest another amp im possibly over looking?
So what will you power the amp with?

Reggie

Family Room:

70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar Triton Twos-center channel and surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/Marantz Turntable

Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds

post #2438 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero2001 View Post

gaming 35%
movies 35%

room size 20x17x8

PS3+PS4 for gaming

NAD M25
Sunfire TGA-7401
Emotiva UPA-700

Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2, I presently use the XPA5 with T2, SCXL, and supersats will be adding XPA2 when I get a set of T1
monsterzero2001 likes this.

post #2439 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 04:27 PM

I can't wait to see (really hear) if these t1's can perform as well as the 800/802 diamonds, my current favorite speakers. At the show ealier this year, alot of people made alot of bold claims about these holding there own with 20-50k speakers and i can't wait to see if that's true or not
post #2440 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
I'm kind of glad he responded but I am also surprised. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but he was trying to get across the fact that these speakers are the culmination of Sandy's career. While it couldn't hurt to add some of the detail provided in the follow up in the original article I got the point.

People on the internet can be hyper critical and have never before access to writers, stars and athletes. We live in interesting times.
True. But you have to remember all of the writer's went to the show earlier this year and reported back that they heard a super speaker that could out perform the big boys, for 5k and we all waited for months with baited breath and this guy get's the first review and instead of making direct comparisons with the big boys and talk sq, he decides to spend 85% of the review talking about sandy. I say the guys had every right to call him out on that review. What if i was the first guy to get the T1's early and all of you asked how did they sound and i respond by talking about sandy for a whole page and then just close and say "they sound amazing, i'm going to go listen to them again"........how would that make you feel? Honestly?
post #2441 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker man View Post
even as someone who pre-ordered the triton ones and is a fan of sandy gross, the first version was embarrassing journalism. While there was some added substance in the follow up piece, it's still a sad couple of articles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelly_nv View Post
who was the next publication that was supposed to be reviewing the triton one? Was it stereophile?

Anxious to hear more opinions of the actual sound in a variety of different scenarios. (movies, music)

i love reading about sandy and the company, but when reading a product review i'm 95% focused on learning about that specific product. Save the detailed background for an article on goldenear. :d
+10000000000000000000000000
post #2442 of 2452 Old 06-29-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am looking for some new bookshelf speakers to anchor a music only system. If I stretch my budget I am considering the Aon-2. How are they for music? Would any of you suggest these over the competition for a small music setup? Other gear is u-turn audio turntable, pioneer vsx-1018ah receiver and a squeezebox. I am coming from a pair of onix x-ls. I have never heard of Golden Ear until today. They seem to get some good reviews. Also any idea what a pair of them really sells for? Do most dealers only sell at list? Thanks.

Mark-
post #2443 of 2452 Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
True. But you have to remember all of the writer's went to the show earlier this year and reported back that they heard a super speaker that could out perform the big boys, for 5k and we all waited for months with baited breath and this guy get's the first review and instead of making direct comparisons with the big boys and talk sq, he decides to spend 85% of the review talking about sandy. I say the guys had every right to call him out on that review. What if i was the first guy to get the T1's early and all of you asked how did they sound and i respond by talking about sandy for a whole page and then just close and say "they sound amazing, i'm going to go listen to them again"........how would that make you feel? Honestly?
That's a fair statement but at some point they'll be 15 reviews and someone shouldn't spend 5k unless they have all the information they need. I do think you have a valid point though but when people say they are going to cancel their subscription because of one article on one pair of speakers I find it hilarious.

I am anxious for a couple more reviews and the speakers to come out lol!

It's been about a month wish we could get another update from Sandy.
post #2444 of 2452 Old 07-01-2014, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I am looking for some new bookshelf speakers to anchor a music only system. If I stretch my budget I am considering the Aon-2. How are they for music? Would any of you suggest these over the competition for a small music setup? Other gear is u-turn audio turntable, pioneer vsx-1018ah receiver and a squeezebox. I am coming from a pair of onix x-ls. I have never heard of Golden Ear until today. They seem to get some good reviews. Also any idea what a pair of them really sells for? Do most dealers only sell at list? Thanks.
Visit the GoldenEar website and find the nearest authorized dealer near you and give em a call,or better yet go down and do a demo
post #2445 of 2452 Old 07-01-2014, 09:54 AM

T-1 Delivery Update

I keep asking but my dealer knows nothing ? any ETA out there ? this month ? next month ?
post #2446 of 2452 Old 07-01-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post
I keep asking but my dealer knows nothing ? any ETA out there ? this month ? next month ?
Mid August my dealer told me and that goes along with what GE has said on facebook

Reggie

Family Room:

70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar Triton Twos-center channel and surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/Marantz Turntable

Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds

post #2447 of 2452 Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 53
^Guys,

I understand your frustration on waiting for the T1, but GE is reputable vendor and I'm sure Sandy is dotting the í's and crossing the t's before shipping to customers. If history is any guide, GE does care about their product quality. Unlike another internet company who have a bad habit of over promising and under delivering their pre/pro line... cough*emotiva xmc-1*cough

Somehow I don't believe Sandy and his team with do an Emo...
Audiguy3 likes this.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #2448 of 2452 Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Liked: 19
Triton One Progress

Hi, We expect to have the first round of Triton Ones in our warehouse around August 10 and will then be shipping out to our dealers. I apologize for the delay, but just wanted to get everything right, which isn't easy on a speaker like the One. Certainly the Triton One has piqued a lot of interest, which is great. I was a little surprised at some of the comments here and elsewhere regarding the first Triton One review. If you read the many comments by the press after the debut at the CES in January, I believe that you will find Darryl's response quite consistent with the rest of the experts. Unless we were reading different reviews, I think Darryl certainly discussed the sound of the speaker in quite some detail, and then followed up in the follow up. Clearly he included several of what we call "Darrylisms", but this is part of his colorful writing style. Regarding some of the comments, without pointing any fingers, I think that we know that sometimes involved parties may post negative comments, which is too bad but I think that they are often obvious. Needles to say, there is only so much allotted space for a review and a reviewer normally focusses on what they feel is important or relevant. The best way for anyone to get all their questions answered is to go listen for themselves. I am confident that you will be quite pleased. All the Best, Sandy
post #2449 of 2452 Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, We expect to have the first round of Triton Ones in our warehouse around August 10 and will then be shipping out to our dealers. I apologize for the delay, but just wanted to get everything right, which isn't easy on a speaker like the One. Certainly the Triton One has piqued a lot of interest, which is great. I was a little surprised at some of the comments here and elsewhere regarding the first Triton One review. If you read the many comments by the press after the debut at the CES in January, I believe that you will find Darryl's response quite consistent with the rest of the experts. Unless we were reading different reviews, I think Darryl certainly discussed the sound of the speaker in quite some detail, and then followed up in the follow up. Clearly he included several of what we call "Darrylisms", but this is part of his colorful writing style. Regarding some of the comments, without pointing any fingers, I think that we know that sometimes involved parties may post negative comments, which is too bad but I think that they are often obvious. Needles to say, there is only so much allotted space for a review and a reviewer normally focusses on what they feel is important or relevant. The best way for anyone to get all their questions answered is to go listen for themselves. I am confident that you will be quite pleased. All the Best, Sandy
Thank you for the response Sandy! Do we have a ballpark ETA for more reviews to hold us over until these ship to dealers?
post #2450 of 2452 Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM

Liked: 19
More Triton One Reviews

Hi, There are more reviews coming, however I think the next one will appear in mid-September. Speakers should certainly be on the floor of all the dealers who currently have them on order before then. I would check with your local dealer to see if they have them on order, and if not, perhaps a little nudge. Can't disclose more detail on the review. Thanks, Sandy
post #2451 of 2452 Old 07-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Liked: 11
Thumbs up Golden Ear Triton Two & Three's

Hello all.

I just wanted to share my listening experience as I was able to demo the Triton Two and Three's this week. I cannot wait until I can go to my favorite new dealer in Vero Beach FL for a listen on the Triton One's!

I have not had any gear for a few years as we sold everything to move from Cali to FL for a better job opportunity. I have been seriously researching AVR's and speakers for the last year here on AVS and other reputable sites and forums. I have listened to every B&W, Martin Logan and Def Tec BP series that my local various Best Buys have to sample. My wife and I both have been leaning towards the Def Tec BP-8060's as they sounded the warmest to us for music and movies.

I had another listen again to the B&W's and Martin Logan's they have to offer at my local Best Buy last week and must say I definitely hear clearer highs with in both of those products but for all around sound I would still choose Def Tec's BP 8060's or 8080's. That is until I was able to demo the Triton Two and Three's this week...Wow, such clarity of every note of every instrument being played and in the vocals of lead and back up singers of every track that was sampled from classic jazz, classic rock, big band, old school jazz, R&B. No matter what was being played when I closed my eyes these speakers made me feel like I was in the front row of a live concert of whomever was on the CD playing...Totally impressed!

I believe the Two's had more depth and imagery in the singling out of instruments, voices, movie sounds than the Three's but again, I have never heard such clarity, Imagery, smoothness, cohesion or truer sound in a speaker in these price points. I now know and understand all of the professional reviews I have read and re-read on Golden Ear Triton Series speakers, simply amazing in my humble opinion.

Mr. Sandy Gross and team, thank you for a truly superior product in an affordable price point that brings out the truest sound for all listening pleasures. Thanks for letting us know when the Triton One's will be ready as I will be demoing these for purchase for my families listening pleasure.

Bobby
Audiguy3 likes this.
post #2452 of 2452 Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
I guess I was in the minority, but I liked Darryl Wilkinson's original review. For me, it reflected not only an appreciation for the sound quality of the Triton One, but also his "gut" reaction to the experience of listening to it. The review was bubbling over with excitement. I felt exactly that way after hearing the Triton Sevens. That is, I was so overjoyed with what I had just heard that all the typical words used to describe the sound felt inadequate to express my feelings about the sound. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought Darryl was trying to express. That's how the review resonated for me.
Audiguy3 likes this.

Joe Clark

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page