83Likes

post #2491 of 2789 Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelles View Post
What are the dimensions of the shipping box? Trying to see if a pair would fit in my station wagon.
Hey for new speakers you have to be willing to rent a truck whatever it takes!!!

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2789 Old 08-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Hey for new speakers you have to be willing to rent a truck whatever it takes!!!
Oh, I'm more than willing to do what it takes. But if they fit in my vehicle, then I can avoid the rental hassle.
post #2493 of 2789 Old 08-07-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelles View Post
oh, i'm more than willing to do what it takes. But if they fit in my vehicle, then i can avoid the rental hassle.
l = 59.5"
w = 24.5"
h = 16''

GoldenEar Triton One's 2
GoldenEar Triton Two's 2
GoldenEar Super Center XL 1
GoldenEar SuperSat 3 2
GoldenEar ForceField 5 1
OPPO 105, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2
post #2494 of 2789 Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
So Ediddy what's the word man, so far what do you think? How do the one's compare to the two's and seven's so far?
I really wish I could have held on to my triton 2s until the 1s arrived but it wasn't meant to be. I still haven't had time to listen to a lot of things but I put in some music and a couple of movie clips that I have listened to a bunch of times. Based off of that the depth of sound and the clarity are off the charts. The mid bass has even more punch and helps fill out the sound spectrum. I put on a scene from Star Trek with the enterprise takes off into space and my friend looked at me like OMG! This guy has definitive tech speakers and emo amps and he said he'd never heard anything like that.

I had about 2 - 3 months between my 1s and 2s in which I didn't watch any movies. I will spend a big chunk of my time this weekend catching up!

Last edited by Ediddy; 08-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.
post #2495 of 2789 Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
I really wish I could have held on to my triton 2s until the 1s arrived but it wasn't meant to be. I still haven't had time to listen to a lot of things but I put in some music and a couple of movie clips that I have listened to a bunch of times. Based off of that the depth of sound and the clarity are off the charts. The mid bass has punch and helps fill out the sound spectrum. I put on a scene from Star Trek with the enterprise takes off into space and my friend looked at me like OMG! This guy has definitive tech speakers and emo amps and he said he'd never heard anything like that.

I had about 2 - 3 months between my 1s and 2s in which I didn't watch any movies. I will spend a big chunk of my time this weekend catching up!
Hi, Yes Ones are landing, and everyone seems thrilled (me too). We have shipped out the first batch, with the next set to go next week. As you may imagine, the backorder was extraordinary, so, at this point, all speakers on order won't ship in August, some in September, depending on the dealer order date. But the good news is they are flowing, finally. As the adage goes, all good things are worth waiting for. ENJOY!!!!! All the Best, Sandy
post #2496 of 2789 Old 08-08-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, Yes Ones are landing, and everyone seems thrilled (me too). We have shipped out the first batch, with the next set to go next week. As you may imagine, the backorder was extraordinary, so, at this point, all speakers on order won't ship in August, some in September, depending on the dealer order date. But the good news is they are flowing, finally. As the adage goes, all good things are worth waiting for. ENJOY!!!!! All the Best, Sandy
Thanks Sandy. Stereo Plus and Design in Orleans near Ottawa told me that I should have my pair this week or next, which is their best guess. I was hoping they would get them in today for the weekend! Has their shipment left the warehouse or has it been relegated to the September shipment?
post #2497 of 2789 Old 08-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
Thanks Sandy. Stereo Plus and Design in Orleans near Ottawa told me that I should have my pair this week or next, which is their best guess. I was hoping they would get them in today for the weekend! Has their shipment left the warehouse or has it been relegated to the September shipment?
Hi, Your Triton Ones are scheduled for the mid-September shipment. Your dealer has been right on top of it and, in fact, had an email from Jason yesterday trying to speed things up. Sorry for the delay, but I am confident that you will be thrilled and agree that it is worth the wait. All the Best, Sandy
post #2498 of 2789 Old 08-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hi Sandy! It's great to see you on the forums, I guess as close as I will get to talking to you in person

I have two local places that sell your outstanding speakers Stereo East in Frisco, TX and Audio Concepts in Dallas, TX. Both are great places for listening (and buying) Golden Ears.

I just purchased the 2's not to long ago and not sure if I want to move onto the 1's. What is your take or advantage of moving up? Too you, is the price increase worth the jump? I am sure if I was staring over again, I would spring for the 1's.

My habits are 75% movies/video games/TV and 25% music.

Anyway, thanks again for your speakers...and help

post #2499 of 2789 Old 08-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
First Generation Builds

What is everyone's take on purchasing the first batch or first couple batches of the Triton 1's ? I am a stickler for build quality and have a eye for noticing changes made during the life cycle in cars and electronics sometimes only a couple of months in production. Do people here feel there is any benefit to waiting 6 months or a year ?
post #2500 of 2789 Old 08-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post
What is everyone's take on purchasing the first batch or first couple batches of the Triton 1's ? I am a stickler for build quality and have a eye for noticing changes made during the life cycle in cars and electronics sometimes only a couple of months in production. Do people here feel there is any benefit to waiting 6 months or a year ?
The only thing that might go wrong with a first batch of speakers like this is if they sourced a bad amplifier. Assuming all goes well with that, there's not much that can go wrong, many of the drivers are used in other Triton speakers, possibly the crossovers too. Therefore a lot of it is well known.

A speaker isn't anything like a car, or receiver or a certain on-line company's processors, which are guaranteed to have major bugs for the first year or so. Speakers have no firmware that will be updated or anything like that. Presumably the components were stress tested well beyond normal limits in the development process, so they'll likely hold up well from the very first batch.

Go back and look at the posts during the release of the Triton Two, if that went well you can rest assured the Triton One will be a safe purchase.
post #2501 of 2789 Old 08-09-2014, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
Hi Sandy! It's great to see you on the forums, I guess as close as I will get to talking to you in person

I have two local places that sell your outstanding speakers Stereo East in Frisco, TX and Audio Concepts in Dallas, TX. Both are great places for listening (and buying) Golden Ears.

I just purchased the 2's not to long ago and not sure if I want to move onto the 1's. What is your take or advantage of moving up? Too you, is the price increase worth the jump? I am sure if I was staring over again, I would spring for the 1's.

My habits are 75% movies/video games/TV and 25% music.

Anyway, thanks again for your speakers...and help
How big is your room? That will be a major factor...
post #2502 of 2789 Old 08-09-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Some how managed to fit them into the lady's RX350. Once I have them unboxed I will compare them against the Triton 2 I have set up. Spent a hour at the dealer listening the 1's, significant improvement in the low and mid range to my ears.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	76
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	205721  
post #2503 of 2789 Old 08-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thduke View Post
l = 59.5"
w = 24.5"
h = 16''
Thanks!
post #2504 of 2789 Old 08-10-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Sandy - thanks for posting . I just got a email from Rick at Audio Alternative and he said his batch was shipping on Monday so I can expect to get them Friday.

Glad your shipments are finally flowing and all the initial reviews have been great.

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2505 of 2789 Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

13' x 18' with 12' ceilings. Decided I am not going to upgrade. I feel I would benefit more from purchasing ceiling speakers for Atmos than upgrading to the one's. I mean...the two's kick so much @$$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelly_NV View Post
How big is your room? That will be a major factor...

post #2506 of 2789 Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm starting to think about moving from my NHT T5s to a set of GE Titan 1's. Im assuming the jump would be pretty noticeable?

I know the GE website says pretty much any of their speakers will work as surrounds, but is there a series that is better match with the 1s? Id love to do in wall, but its probably too late. Im currently using nht L5s for all 4 surrounds.

Thx.

Last edited by Drew_N; 08-11-2014 at 08:28 PM.
post #2507 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N View Post
I'm starting to think about moving from my NHT T5s to a set of GE Titan 1's. Im assuming the jump would be pretty noticeable?

I know the GE website says pretty much any of their speakers will work as surrounds, but is there a series that is better match with the 1s? Id love to do in wall, but its probably too late. Im currently using nht L5s for all 4 surrounds.

Thx.
The sevens would be great - but if you want wall mount then the Supersat 60s would be a great match:

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2508 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

I use SuperSat 50s for my surrounds sides/backs, wides, and front heights. Which run with my Triton 2's and XL center. They match very very well.

Man, if you could pull off SuperSat 60s for all your surrounds...that would be awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_N View Post

Thx.

post #2509 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I use SuperSat 50s for my surrounds sides/backs, wides, and front heights. Which run with my Triton 2's and XL center. They match very very well.

Man, if you could pull off SuperSat 60s for all your surrounds...that would be awesome!!
I have one SuperSat50c - if I use it for surrounds or rears - should I mount horizontally or vertically?

Also, how would I setup my AVR to use just on SS50C for rear?

Last edited by cgott42; 08-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.
post #2510 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

That's a good question. I have a pair of SuperSat 50c's and they are mounted horizontally for my front height speakers (the 50's would not fit for this application). The rest are all 50's set up vertically (surround side and backs and wides).

Not sure how the 50c's would sound set up vertically. Might not be so crucial as they are for surrounds, put I am no expert. Might just have to test them both ways and see if it works out in your room. That's the fun part about this hobby, experimenting

The other thing I did was buy two pairs of the Def Tech ProMount 80's. On each of my (not the wides or heights) surround side and surround back 50s, I used only one mount for each speaker at hang from the top. This let my surrounds point down at the main listening position only by 2". This effect gave a phantom over-head sound then when I had mounted the surrounds (side and backs) flat up agains the wall. Like when plane, helicopters, missiles, bullets, rain, people walking over head. Adding the two inch tilt did not take anything away from the diffused effect you get from surrounds. In other words the sounds were not localized but diffused as they should be.

What height for each surround speaker you ask? The tweeter is right at my ear level when I am standing next to each speaker and I am 6' 1".

Also with the Def Tech ProMount's I am able to toe in the surround backs to aim at the main listening position.

Hope this is helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
I have the SuperSat50c - if I use it for surrounds or rears - should I mount horizontally or vertically?

Last edited by Bigham16; 08-12-2014 at 12:46 PM.
post #2511 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

What brand of AVR do you have?

Quote:

post #2512 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Denon 2809ci
post #2513 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

I know your manual could tell you more than I can but...I am sure you could just place your speakers in the back of your room and plug them into your AVR as side surrounds.

Then let Audyssey adjust the deals and trims for those speakers. But I would read the owners manual first

Quote:
Denon 2809ci

post #2514 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I know your manual could tell you more than I can but...I am sure you could just place your speakers in the back of your room and plug them into your AVR as side surrounds.

Then let Audyssey adjust the deals and trims for those speakers. But I would read the owners manual first
Sorry, I wasn't clear - I have only 1 SS50C, and want to use it as a single rear speaker.
How would I set that up so it received both Right-Rear and Left-Rear?
post #2515 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like your receiver does Dolby EX (6.1). Not sure which terminals you would use on the back of the AVR and I am sure your owners manual would tell you.

I would suggest setting the 50C up horizontally if you are using it in the application.

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear - I have only 1 SS50C, and want to use it as a single rear speaker.
How would I set that up so it received both Right-Rear and Left-Rear?

post #2516 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Looks like your receiver does Dolby EX (6.1). Not sure which terminals you would use on the back of the AVR and I am sure your owners manual would tell you.

I would suggest setting the 50C up horizontally if you are using it in the application.
thanks- I just checked the manual - there seems to be an option to declare whether the rear is one or two speakers.
Bigham16 likes this.
post #2517 of 2789 Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Liked: 11
New Supercinema 3D XL

Does anyone have info about the new Supercinema 3D XL that I believe is due to ship soon? I heard it at CES this past January and thought the sound was outstanding. I have an application that pretty much dictates a soundbar and looking for the best sound I can get on a reasonable (around $1 - 2k) speaker budget, which includes a small sub and in ceiling rears.
post #2518 of 2789 Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Supercinema 3D with the Force Field 3 and love it. If you want good sound with a limited foot print this is the way to go.
post #2519 of 2789 Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Some how managed to fit them into the lady's RX350. Once I have them unboxed I will compare them against the Triton 2 I have set up. Spent a hour at the dealer listening the 1's, significant improvement in the low and mid range to my ears.
My Ones were due this week but just got word they are hung up in customs

Think I will do the same with my setup - great idea. My dealer does not have the Ones yet you are lucky to get to try them out.

Reggie
post #2520 of 2789 Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Hey freddy202022! Did you get a chance to listen to the 1's next to the 2's? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Quote:
Once I have them unboxed I will compare them against the Triton 2 I have set up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page