Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #2521 of 2535 Old 08-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Current draw

I am thinking about updating my Def Tech BP 7002's with the GE Triton 1's. Does anyone know the current draw from the built in subwoofers on the Triton 1's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2535 Old 08-14-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Theses speakers are kick ass. I use the Triton 1's in a 2 channel no thrills set up, powered by a XPA-2, XSP-1, OPPO 105, and pro-ject turn table. My room is about 18 feet by 25 feet. I had the Triton 2 in the exact same set-up and just swapped out the speakers and took turns listen to each with the same tracks and same volume with a mixture of flacs, cd's, and vinyl. The 1's sounds magnificent, the overall sound is noticeable different, mostly in the bass and mids. At the same volume, the speakers fill the room with music better, I am not sure how much is due to the speaker itself being larger and dispersing the sound in the room better and how much is really due to the better low and mid performance. The bass does it though, although the Triton 2 were no slackers in this department, the 1's for two channel music are something else, you don't miss a sub at all. Given the size of my room, the Triton 1 are more then I need and I am not sure how many would really benefit to getting the 1's over the 2 unless you have a large room or home theater, thinking about it objectively. Don't get me wrong I would buy them again in a heart beat. My only minor issue/complaint is that the bass is too strong depending on what you listen to, and it should be dialed back a little (closer to ten and a half), with the Triton 2 I liked them closer to 12. A lot of you guys will run lapse around me with your technical and practical audio knowledge but these are just my thoughts.
post #2523 of 2535 Old 08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks Freddy

Reggie
Family Room:
70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar: Triton Twos, SuperCenter XLcenter channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2524 of 2535 Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
x or xl center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
Thanks Freddy
I am trying to decide between the x or xl center, since ge recommends setting the center to small, what is the advantage of the xl over the x thannks
post #2525 of 2535 Old 08-15-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post
I am trying to decide between the x or xl center, since ge recommends setting the center to small, what is the advantage of the xl over the x thannks
Slightly better mids and base which helps in vocals

Reggie
Family Room:
70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar: Triton Twos, SuperCenter XLcenter channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2526 of 2535 Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just joined the goldenear club. I wennt to my local dealer in hartford ct and listened to the triton 7 and triton 2 speakers side by side.I have owned many good speakers over the years but these just blew me away. The soundstage was massive and so detailed i knew after 2 minutes i was going to buy one or the other. They did have them running off of some very expensive mcintosh separates. I went with the 7's and am XL center, i could not justify the extra money for the 2's since i have 2 good subs in my theater. Unfortunately they did not have the triton 7's in stock, i did take home the XL center. The tritons should be there tuesday. I replaced my Emotiva 6.3 center with the goldenear center and have been listening to it for 2 days now. Initially i was rather disappointed with it but after just a few hours it really improved. It actually sounds great with my Emotiva 8.3 towers as well as 3 pairs of Emotiva surround speakers for my 9.2 set up. I have watched lots of my favorite parts of movies and the dialogue is incredibly real and accurate. It really does sound like the person is in the room. One scene that demonstrated this was at the end of the 2009 Star Trek movie when Leonard Nimoy does the Narration "Space...the final frontier " ( you know the rest ) I have heard this several times, but never like this. I could actually hear his voice straining on many of the words. To be honest this is one of the times that i think the XL center was a bit too accurate , It is however a great example of what it can do. I cant wait till Tuesday to swap my emotiva towers with my new triton 7's.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #2527 of 2535 Old 08-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Planning to build an addition and add a dedicated home theater room. (seating for 8)

Already own a SuperCenter XL, a pair of AON 2 speakers, a Rythmik D15SE sub, Oppo BDP-103D, and a Denon X4000 receiver.

For $5k, what do you think is the best option? 75% movies / 25% music.

Option 1: Grab the Triton Ones, use the AON 2 as rear channels and call it a day.

Option 2: Grab the Triton Twos, use the AON 2 as rear channels, and pick up a second Rythmik to match. Spend remaining $1500 on a discrete amp?

Option 3: Grab four Triton Sevens - two front, two rear, use the AON 2 as side channels, and pick up a second Rythmik to match. Spend remaining $1200 on a discrete amp?
post #2528 of 2535 Old 08-16-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelly_NV View Post
Planning to build an addition and add a dedicated home theater room. (seating for 8)

Already own a SuperCenter XL, a pair of AON 2 speakers, a Rythmik D15SE sub, Oppo BDP-103D, and a Denon X4000 receiver.

For $5k, what do you think is the best option? 75% movies / 25% music.

Option 1: Grab the Triton Ones, use the AON 2 as rear channels and call it a day.

Option 2: Grab the Triton Twos, use the AON 2 as rear channels, and pick up a second Rythmik to match. Spend remaining $1500 on a discrete amp?

Option 3: Grab four Triton Sevens - two front, two rear, use the AON 2 as side channels, and pick up a second Rythmik to match. Spend remaining $1200 on a discrete amp?
You need to hear the One's to make that decision, and figure out how much bass you need from the subs for your space. I have 4x Seven's in my home theater (fronts and wides), the XL center and two Invisa 650s as surrounds, with a Marantz 7008 AVR. I have the Denon X4000 in a bedroom system with 2x Seven's, an Aon 3 center and 2x SuperSat 3 surrounds. I'm going to audition the One's, but I may not make the leap. The Seven's are incredible speakers. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd listen to the One's with a lot of material I know well, then decide between the Seven's and the One's. I like the Seven's better than the Two's.

Joe Clark

post #2529 of 2535 Old 08-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
You need to hear the One's to make that decision, and figure out how much bass you need from the subs for your space. I have 4x Seven's in my home theater (fronts and wides), the XL center and two Invisa 650s as surrounds, with a Marantz 7008 AVR. I have the Denon X4000 in a bedroom system with 2x Seven's, an Aon 3 center and 2x SuperSat 3 surrounds. I'm going to audition the One's, but I may not make the leap. The Seven's are incredible speakers. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd listen to the One's with a lot of material I know well, then decide between the Seven's and the One's. I like the Seven's better than the Two's.
Sounds like a good plan. Thx for the feedback!
post #2530 of 2535 Old 08-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
I like the Seven's better than the Two's.
Why?
post #2531 of 2535 Old 08-17-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post
Why?
Mainly, it's because I like the midrange a lot more. The crossover between the tweeter/midrange can be set lower because of the new drivers developed for the Sevens/Aons. I have an SVS sub that handles the low end very well (for me). The Sevens provide a sweet blending of the tweeter, midrange and low frequencies above where the sub takes over. My home theater room is relatively small (17x11.5x7.5), and the Sevens fit the sonic space really well. I like the Sevens so much that I'm hesitant to listen to the Ones now. It's my understanding from reviews and articles that the Ones take the best of what all the previous generations have done and refine the driver, crossover and box designs even more. I'm afraid once I listen I might not be able to resist. I'm looking at OLED TVs now and am hesitant to drop $5,000 on speakers to replace the already great-sounding Sevens.
RickAVManiac and Bigham16 like this.

Joe Clark

post #2532 of 2535 Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Sandy,

Not sure if you're aware that Dolby Atmos for the home theater is coming soon. Would Goldenears be providing solutions for Atmos enabled (up-firing) modules that can go with the Triton or Aon series? Or do you think the existing Invisa/SuperSat series are sufficient?

Would Goldenears be attending the upcoming CEDIA meet in September?

Sorry to mention Atmos in the Goldenears thread - just means spending more money on additional Goldenears speakers...

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G

Last edited by steveting99; 08-18-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo
post #2533 of 2535 Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post

They do have booth space reserved at Cedia and usually have a listening room set up. I've always been impressed with the sound of his GE offerings but I'm not in the market presently. They would be on my short list though if I was.
post #2534 of 2535 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Their FB page said they would be at CEDIA demoing Atmos.

"GoldenEar Technology: We'll let you know, we're doing a full Atoms 5.1.4 demo at the upcoming CEDA trade show next month using the HTR 7000 as the Atmos height channels."

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Sandy,

Not sure if you're aware that Dolby Atmos for the home theater is coming soon. Would Goldenears be providing solutions for Atmos enabled (up-firing) modules that can go with the Triton or Aon series? Or do you think the existing Invisa/SuperSat series are sufficient?

Sorry to mention Atmos in the Goldenears thread - just means spending more money on additional Goldenears speakers...
post #2535 of 2535 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
Their FB page said they would be at CEDIA demoing Atmos.

"GoldenEar Technology: We'll let you know, we're doing a full Atoms 5.1.4 demo at the upcoming CEDA trade show next month using the HTR 7000 as the Atmos height channels."
For Atmos, the HTR7000 are going to be in-ceiling speakers. I was hoping that Sandy would have Atmos enabled speaker modules. This is a solution for some of us who have a flat ceiling and can't run wires / drill holes / mount boxes into the ceiling. If your ceiling is not flat (i.e. cathedral type), looks like the HTR7000 solution is the way to Atmos for GE gear.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page