GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 86 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #2551 of 2567 Old 08-23-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Mark Seaton from Seaton Sound played a DVD at Axpona in Chicago. The DVD was The Art of Flight and the audio and video are simply amazing. I ordered from Amazon during the show! It was sitting in my collection until i picked up my Triton Ones and finally had a chance to watch it last night. Between my Trition Ones and my dual Seatons I witnessed magic.

I highly recommend the Art of Flight!
Steve609 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2567 Old 08-23-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Mark Seaton from Seaton Sound played a DVD at Axpona in Chicago. The DVD was The Art of Flight and the audio and video are simply amazing. I ordered from Amazon during the show! It was sitting in my collection until i picked up my Triton Ones and finally had a chance to watch it last night. Between my Trition Ones and my dual Seatons I witnessed magic.

I highly recommend the Art of Flight!
Did you get the Bluray or the DVD cause the picture and sound on the Bluray are stunning.
Hope you like bass cause it will shake your house off the foundation.
And the scenery where they filmed is unbelievable.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm Studio 100's v5 + CC-690
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
post #2553 of 2567 Old 08-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Did you get the Bluray or the DVD cause the picture and sound on the Bluray are stunning.
Hope you like bass cause it will shake your house off the foundation.
And the scenery where they filmed is unbelievable.
Blu Ray only! I rarely purchase a standard DVD unless it's for my two year old to watch in the truck. The visuals are ridiculous. I am going to lock myself in the basement tomorrow and watch a couple of movies. I have not tweaked my Ones at all. I am going to wait until i break them in some more.
rustolemite likes this.
post #2554 of 2567 Old 08-27-2014, 12:56 PM

Just checking in to see if those that have gotten the Triton One's have any more info to share about their experience so far? And some pictures of the unboxing of them as well.

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
post #2555 of 2567 Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Just checking in to see if those that have gotten the Triton One's have any more info to share about their experience so far? And some pictures of the unboxing of them as well.

Thanks
This was posted a couple of weeks ago: http://www.hdliving.com/2014/08/06/p...e-loudspeaker/

I suspect the reviews will be hitting the magazines in Sept and October.

Reggie
Family Room:
70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar: Triton Twos, SuperCenter XLcenter channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2556 of 2567 Old 08-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
This was posted a couple of weeks ago: http://www.hdliving.com/2014/08/06/p...e-loudspeaker/

I suspect the reviews will be hitting the magazines in Sept and October.
Yeah I read that last week, man I would have never accepted those boxes in that condition. They one nice thing about my Paradigms is they are dropped shipped straight from manufacturer via freight to the dealer, no UPS or Fedex involved.

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
post #2557 of 2567 Old 08-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got done auditioning a pair of Triton 1s. Even though the setting wasn't ideal (what showroom is?), I was extremely impressed. The imaging was, to me, astonishing. With very little tweaking I got an amazing center image, and the soundstage extended well beyond the speakers themselves. I may well be the 2nd person in Northern Virginia to own a pair, due some time in the next two weeks.
post #2558 of 2567 Old 08-30-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Good luck with getting them in the next two weeks. The shipments mine were on have been sitting in Port for over 3 weeks
post #2559 of 2567 Old 08-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hi, Sorry for the delays, but finally, our containers are moving. We expect to be shipping Triton Ones again in about a week. This will not cover all the backorder, as demand is going wild, but will make a good dent. As is normal, we will probably be running a backorder all fall, but our production capability is good so we will be able to meet the demand. As they say, all good things are worth waiting for. BTW, this appeared yesterday: http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/fir...loudspeaker-1/ Onward and Upward, Sandy
post #2560 of 2567 Old 08-30-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, Sorry for the delays, but finally, our containers are moving. We expect to be shipping Triton Ones again in about a week. This will not cover all the backorder, as demand is going wild, but will make a good dent. As is normal, we will probably be running a backorder all fall, but our production capability is good so we will be able to meet the demand. As they say, all good things are worth waiting for. BTW, this appeared yesterday: http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/fir...loudspeaker-1/ Onward and Upward, Sandy
Is the shipment for stereo plus and design in nepean (ottawa) still scheduled to arrive mid September? Thank you sir.
post #2561 of 2567 Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Sandy
dscottj likes this.
post #2562 of 2567 Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Anyone here go from NHT to GE? I currently use NHT VT-2/VS-2 and was considering getting the Classic Threes and an SVS sub. I like towers and would consider the Sevens with a sub. How do they compare to NHT?

My system is 50/50 music/movies. Setup in a living room, mlp is about 11' away. Like to listen LOUD to both music and movies. Music is mostly CD and Vinyl, everything from jazz, classic rock, alternative, and industrial.

Thanks!
Nobody has any experience with comparing GoldenEar to NHT?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #2563 of 2567 Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Yes I have 2 sets of nht speakers. 1 for my cottage ht and 1 set I use for my living room ht. The tritons I use for my 2 channel rig with my benchmark dac and bryston 4bbsst2 amp. The tritons are much better in my opinion.

Last edited by d_m1010; Yesterday at 09:43 AM.
post #2564 of 2567 Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I have owned four 2.5 NHT and an NHT center channel speaker since 1995. I was totally
blown away with the way they sounded. I always used a mid priced receiver so never really got the full potential of what these speakers could deliver. Two years ago I purchased a Marantz av7005 and an Emotiva xpa 5. What a difference. It made those speakers sing. Meanwhile I had been keeping up with the rave reviews for the Triton Two and purchased a pair the last day before their price went up. All I can say is that it has been the best investment in audio that I have ever made. I can't imagine a better set of speakers. But wait, there is more. I purchased a pair of Triton Ones a few weeks ago and they are totally awesome. So, in my opinion the Triton speakers are far and away better than the NHTs.
mnc likes this.
post #2565 of 2567 Old Today, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikihula View Post
I have owned four 2.5 NHT and an NHT center channel speaker since 1995. I was totally
blown away with the way they sounded. I always used a mid priced receiver so never really got the full potential of what these speakers could deliver. Two years ago I purchased a Marantz av7005 and an Emotiva xpa 5. What a difference. It made those speakers sing. Meanwhile I had been keeping up with the rave reviews for the Triton Two and purchased a pair the last day before their price went up. All I can say is that it has been the best investment in audio that I have ever made. I can't imagine a better set of speakers. But wait, there is more. I purchased a pair of Triton Ones a few weeks ago and they are totally awesome. So, in my opinion the Triton speakers are far and away better than the NHTs.
This was the same with me when I had my Triton 2's even though they were the best I had heard I was only using an AVR and no stand alone sub which never gave me the volume that I wanted. Now that I have a Pre/Pro setup plus an HSU sub I can't wait to get back to a pair of Tritons.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
post #2566 of 2567 Old Today, 10:17 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of getting a pair of SVS PC12-Plus subs to place behind of a pair of Triton Sevens. Would that be a good match/setup? Also want to upgrade my old, mid-level Yamaha receiver with something nicer like a Marantz SR7009. I do have a Parasound high bias 200Wx2 amp to power the Sevens with. I think I want to get the subs first, just not sure if I should get the receiver before or after the speakers. My main issue is that my current receiver only has 1 global crossover point.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #2567 of 2567 Old Today, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Might try setting all speakers to large & see if thereceiver lets you run the lfe and the speaker bass to the sub. On my Denon this is called lfe+.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page