58Likes

post #2581 of 2606 Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, FYI, We will be demo'ing a Dolby Atmos System at CEDIA. I am including our press release here, for those that are interested. All the Best, Sandy

Press Contact: Sandy Gross
410-998-9134
sandy@goldenear.com

GoldenEar CEDIA 2014 Will Feature Our Triton One Home Theater System Plus No-Holds-Barred Dolby Atmos Demo to Deliver the Ultimate Cinematic Sound Experience

(September 11, 2014 – Baltimore, MD) GoldenEar Technology’s new Triton One flagship tower loudspeaker system is shipping in August to dealers, and has already created tremendous impact in the marketplace, both as a high-end two-channel stereo speaker as well as the anchor for a superb home theater system. When GoldenEar debuted the Triton One in January at the CES, we focused on two-channel playback in order to demonstrate the superb musical capabilities of this remarkable groundbreaking and award-winning speaker, which we did to unanimous raves.

At CEDIA, we will be showing off the Triton One’s cinematic superiority in addition to its musical excellence, in an extraordinary home theater system incorporating two Triton Ones for front Left and Right Mains, a SuperCenter XL for the center channel, and two Triton Twos as Left and Right Surrounds. A unique aspect of this system will be running a 4-way split out of the LFE into the subwoofer sections of all four Tritons! The built-in subwoofers in each Triton will be functioning both as a dedicated subwoofer on its own channel, as well as one of four subwoofers on the LFE channel. This is a unique set-up that is easily achieved with Tritons, which is absolutely breathtaking in its ability to completely immerse the listener in the LFE soundfield.

In addition, speaking of truly immersing the listener in the soundfield, we will also be demonstrating Dolby’s new Atmos system, the way it is done in the theaters, and as it was originally conceived of, for ultimate no-holds-barred systems in the home. This will be the real deal Atmos done right, with four discreet in-ceiling mounted height channel speakers located above the listening area. In this incredible high-impact GoldenEar system, the height speakers will be four of our superb Invisa HTR 7000s, which are perfectly matched to the Tritons, for a seamless 3-dimensional cinematic experience that will rival and, in many cases, exceed the performance available in the best specialty theatrical Atmos venues. We are very excited about Dolby’s new Atmos System, especially when executed with great speakers in the ideal format, where it is then able to both add dramatic atmospheric affects as well as to precisely locate specific objects and events in a 360 degree hemisphere around the listeners. Don't miss out on this, CEDIA's biggest and most impressive demo experience! See us at CEDIA 2014, Booth SR-3.

For more information about GoldenEar Technology, visit our website at www.goldenear.com.

That sounds like a great setup, I wish I could be there, but I will be in Canada for work While I would be doing quite the high end as that setup as described above, I am currently working on my home theater room remodel.
I bought a pair of AON 2s for my bedroom a year ago and added a Forcefield 4 Sub. I was so impressed that I sold off my current speakers and am going with GE for my man cave.
  • I have the Triton Ones (Hopefully soon as they are finally starting to move from port to my dealer in IL)
  • Triton 7 Surrounds
  • Aon 3 Rear Surrounds (due to room size)
  • 2 dedicated subs (Haven't determined brand on these)
  • 4x Invisi HTR 7000
While the speaker setup will be there, I am holding off on upgrading my Pre/Pro to a newer model with Atmos until they come out with one that has both Atomos and full HDCP 2.2 4:4:4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2606 Old 09-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Thank you Sandy and can't wait to hear the reports. Can or will you please tell us what AVR you will be using for the Atmos Demo?

Quote:
Hi, FYI, We will be demo'ing a Dolby Atmos System at CEDIA. I am including our press release here, for those that are interested. All the Best, Sandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2583 of 2606 Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quick Question: Will the Triton Ones be hitting dealers this week, that left port in the last week of August? Specifically to the Chicago Land Area
post #2584 of 2606 Old 09-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcos View Post
Quick Question: Will the Triton Ones be hitting dealers this week, that left port in the last week of August? Specifically to the Chicago Land Area
Hi, We will be using an Integra Pre-Pro at CEDIA. In terms of Triton shipments, we have shipped out several hundred Triton Ones in the last few days, including many going to Chicago land, and more are going next week. Thanks, Sandy
Bigham16 likes this.

Last edited by goldenear tech; 09-09-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typo
post #2585 of 2606 Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Been waiting for them for months. First they were delayed by flooding in China from the late spring - then when they started shipping in July there was a west coast slow down by independent truckers on the containers.

I was at the Audio Alternative shop yesterday just to chat and listen to music (nothing beats Vandersteen sevens) and the delivery guy shows up with my pair (as well as Ricks pair for the shop).

Unpacking those guys was a ton of work as they were heavy (for me). I thought I would leave the Triton Twos up so I could do a comparison but when I fired up the Ones I could hear way more detail immediately. Seems the high end is carrying more information but not so bright as to be fatiguing (like B&Ws can be).

Will have to pack up the Triton Twos and then run Audyssey for calibration.

Here are the pictures:

Steve609, rcos and Bigham16 like this.

Reggie
Family Room:
70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar: Triton Twos, SuperCenter XLcenter channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds

Last edited by Audiguy3; 09-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.
post #2586 of 2606 Old 09-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for the pictures love to see the difference between the Ones and the Twos in an actual room.
Can't wait to hear more from you on the sound, really curious if they sound that much better than the Two's, I know the base will be more.
By the way like your wood floors.

Have 2 questions
1. what is on the tv cause he looks scared to death and she looks pissed.
2. Can I have your dog?

Thanks
keikihula likes this.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm Studio 100's v5 + CC-690
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
post #2587 of 2606 Old 09-11-2014, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Looking good !
post #2588 of 2606 Old 09-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Head the demo today at Cedia. Certainly one of the best there. Only a couple I heard that I liked better and those were much much more expensive. I don't own and any Goldenear but I will after today.
post #2589 of 2606 Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Thanks for the pictures love to see the difference between the Ones and the Twos in an actual room.
Can't wait to hear more from you on the sound, really curious if they sound that much better than the Two's, I know the base will be more.
By the way like your wood floors.

Have 2 questions
1. what is on the tv cause he looks scared to death and she looks pissed.
2. Can I have your dog?

Thanks
LOL - wasn't paying attention to what was on tv - I was just trying to focus on getting the speakers unpacked.

Reggie
Family Room:
70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8801/GoldenEar: Triton Twos, SuperCenter XLcenter channel, and SuperSat 60 surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2590 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
Been waiting for them for months. First they were delayed by flooding in China from the late spring - then when they started shipping in July there was a west coast slow down by independent truckers on the containers.

I was at the Audio Alternative shop yesterday just to chat and listen to music (nothing beats Vandersteen sevens) and the delivery guy shows up with my pair (as well as Ricks pair for the shop).

Unpacking those guys was a ton of work as they were heavy (for me). I thought I would leave the Triton Twos up so I could do a comparison but when I fired up the Ones I could hear way more detail immediately. Seems the high end is carrying more information but not so bright as to be fatiguing (like B&Ws can be).

Will have to pack up the Triton Twos and then run Audyssey for calibration.

Here are the pictures:

Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of the 2s versus the 1s.
post #2591 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Head the demo today at Cedia. Certainly one of the best there. Only a couple I heard that I liked better and those were much much more expensive. I don't own and any Goldenear but I will after today.
Would you mind telling us which ones your liked better so we could have something to comaper the Triton Ones against?

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
post #2592 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
LOL - wasn't paying attention to what was on tv - I was just trying to focus on getting the speakers unpacked.
So is that a NO on the dog?

Mitsubishi WD-92840
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
post #2593 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Triton Two Problem

I'm guessing I'm going to have to take one of my Two's in for service, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a suggestion. The green light on the back of one of my Triton Two's blinks continuously and never settles down to a solid green light. When playing music, no sound comes from the bass units. I have tried unplugging the speakers several times and have also checked the fuse. The problem still persists.

The electronics are covered by warranty for 3 years and as these things seem to always happen, that warranty expired last month. My biggest risk is that my dealer will have a pair of One's in stock and I'll walk out with a new pair of speakers.

My dealer is about 2 hours away so if anyone has any suggestions on how got my reluctant speaker going again, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks.

MIKE

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
--H. L. Mencken
post #2594 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraub View Post
I'm guessing I'm going to have to take one of my Two's in for service, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a suggestion. The green light on the back of one of my Triton Two's blinks continuously and never settles down to a solid green light. When playing music, no sound comes from the bass units. I have tried unplugging the speakers several times and have also checked the fuse. The problem still persists.

The electronics are covered by warranty for 3 years and as these things seem to always happen, that warranty expired last month. My biggest risk is that my dealer will have a pair of One's in stock and I'll walk out with a new pair of speakers.

My dealer is about 2 hours away so if anyone has any suggestions on how got my reluctant speaker going again, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks.
Blinking light means the electronics failed self test, I did the repair my self on mine the dealer got the parts in from GE and gave the choice of bringing my speaker in or doing the repair myself. It was an easy job took about 40 minutes to get done.

GoldenEar Triton One's 2
GoldenEar Triton Two's 2
GoldenEar Super Center XL 1
GoldenEar SuperSat 3 2
GoldenEar ForceField 5 1
OPPO 105, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2
post #2595 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

I'm guessing I could do this myself as well, if I had the parts. Did you just replace the entire amp module? There are about 8 screws around the input plate and I'm guessing that the amp module and associated electronics are attached to the plate and would slide right out. Since the amp is only a bit out of warranty, maybe GE would cut me some slack, if I can find the right person to talk to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thduke View Post
Blinking light means the electronics failed self test, I did the repair my self on mine the dealer got the parts in from GE and gave the choice of bringing my speaker in or doing the repair myself. It was an easy job took about 40 minutes to get done.

MIKE

--H. L. Mencken
post #2596 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraub View Post
I'm guessing I could do this myself as well, if I had the parts. Did you just replace the entire amp module? There are about 8 screws around the input plate and I'm guessing that the amp module and associated electronics are attached to the plate and would slide right out. Since the amp is only a bit out of warranty, maybe GE would cut me some slack, if I can find the right person to talk to.
Hi, Don't worry about being a month out of warranty, we will take care of it. BTW, We are busy at CEDIA and I thought folks might be interested in one of the early reports on our Atmos demo. All the Best, Sandy
http://www.hdliving.com/2014/09/12/c...io-experience/
Steve609 likes this.

Last edited by goldenear tech; 09-12-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo
post #2597 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Hi, Don't worry about being a month out of warranty, we will take care of it. BTW, We are busy at CEDIA and I thought folks might be interested in one of the early reports on our Atmos demo. All the Best, Sandy

Sandy,

You're a class act!

BTW/ We have a pair of Triton One's on order, can't wait.

Steve609
post #2598 of 2606 Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 PM

Hi, Here is more on our demo: http://www.soundandvision.com/content/atmos-goldenear Sandy

Last edited by goldenear tech; 09-13-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: I hadn't quoted
post #2599 of 2606 Old 09-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks, Sandy. But how are you going to help me avoid the temptation to upgrade to a Triton One?

I attended a CEDIA show at Indy a few years ago. After wandering around a bit and listening to speakers of all different types, some of which cost in excess of $50K, I did not hear any speaker that sounded more natural than the offerings from GE. By natural I mean it sounded like music, not an electronic representation of music.

Quote:

MIKE

--H. L. Mencken
post #2600 of 2606 Old 09-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hi, Here is more on our demo: http://www.soundandvision.com/content/atmos-goldenear Sandy
Hi Guys I have triton two but I don't like the light on the back. So I was wondering if the 7 would be that much of a down grade 99 percent movies. I have the super center xl as my center and a pb 13 ultra sub thanks
post #2601 of 2606 Old 09-13-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfniner View Post
Hi Guys I have triton two but I don't like the light on the back. So I was wondering if the 7 would be that much of a down grade 99 percent movies. I have the super center xl as my center and a pb 13 ultra sub thanks
Black electrical tape on the light should eliminate the problem. That's not a reason to change speakers. As for the Seven's vs Two's, I prefer the Sevens (for music and home theater). But that's just me. YMMV.

Joe Clark

post #2602 of 2606 Old 09-13-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
Black electrical tape on the light should eliminate the problem. That's not a reason to change speakers. As for the Seven's vs Two's, I prefer the Sevens (for music and home theater). But that's just me. YMMV.
We'll when I bought the 2 I actually liked the 7 the 2 only were better in the lows. But the last time I bought my other speaker I went with the smaller ones and cheaper ones and was not happy so I when with the larger ones. I also don't like that they need to be powered just another cable I was told by my dealer that I had 1 year to trade them in for a full price. So I was thinking that the 7 would not be a step down and I would like to add another svs sub thanks for your response. Do you have the 7?
post #2603 of 2606 Old 09-13-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
We'll when I bought the 2 I actually liked the 7 the 2 only were better in the lows. But the last time I bought my other speaker I went with the smaller ones and cheaper ones and was not happy so I when with the larger ones. I also don't like that they need to be powered just another cable I was told by my dealer that I had 1 year to trade them in for a full price. So I was thinking that the 7 would not be a step down and I would like to add another svs sub thanks for your response. Do you have the 7?
Yes, I own 3 pairs of the Sevens. Two pairs (mains and wides) are in my main home theater and one pair (mains) in my smaller system. I sold the Twos after hearing the Sevens. This was my preference, and I'm sure you could easily find people who would see it the other way around.

Joe Clark

post #2604 of 2606 Old Today, 12:04 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Hi, LFE+, SuperBass, Bass+, Double Bass etc, will run bass frequencies to the main Left and Right speakers as well as through the LFE out to a subwoofer (or the subwoofers in a Triton One, Two or Three) when you are listening to two channel stereo program material. The issue here is that it can result in boomy bass on music, because you are doubling up on the bass. It may be OK when the main speakers don't have much bass, but in those cases, you may want to limit the bass going to the main speakers as they may not be able to handle the deep bass when the system is played loud. With Triton Ones, Twos and Threes, this can be a particular issue because you will be feeding the same bass information to the subwoofer twice, once through the LFE in and once through the speaker wire. I will mention again that with movies we have recently discovered that the Large Left and Right, No Sub setting, which we have been recommending, in many cases rolls off the LFE information because the electronics manufacturers have programmed it this way, and you very well may get more impactful movie performance running a Y out of the LFE into your Tritons, and Large Left and Right, Sub Yes (but we recommend not LFE+ etc). All the Best, Sandy
Hi! I'm a proud new owner of a Triton Three and had a quick set up question.

Here, you mention to set up the Two's to Large with no sub. What is the recommendation if I'd like to add a sub to the system for HT? My Denon 4311 allows me to set different settings for 2 channel music and HT so I can set this up perfectly. Also, does anyone know how to force Audyssey to only run the filtering and EQ on the subs? I'd hate to use an EQ on the higher frequencies!
post #2605 of 2606 Old Today, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Nobody has any experience with comparing GoldenEar to NHT?
I just recently picked up a pair of Triton 3s. I had them set up next to my (ancient) NHT Super Towers.

No surprise; the Triton's are better in nearly every way.

I do find the Triton's a bit dry, if that is the right word. Probably more to do with the mid-range Onkyo receiver driving them and my penchant for crapy recordings.

One odd thing I've noticed is that my FIOS DVR sounds very sibilant through the Tritons. I'm sure that will be easy to explain to Verizon.

Mike
post #2606 of 2606 Old Today, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I've had good luck using a sharpie directly on LEDs to cut the light without totally blocking it.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List