74Likes

post #2701 of 2702 Old Today, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro28 View Post
Another question I had for you all is whether you see any benefit in using an amp like the Emotiva XMP-2 with the Triton 2s. In my experience having more wattage has always helped the low end be punchier but not a lot elsewhere. Given these have their own amp for the low end, I'm wondering if I could even tell a difference between my 110watt Onkyo and a 300Watt Emotiva??? Any thoughts?

I listen to 50/50 music and theater. Music I tend to play louder than the home theater. My room is a dedicated theater measuring 14x22 sealed up and noise proofed etc.
Well for me this is how I felt when I had my Two's I was stunned at how clear and awesome the sound was, but there just wasnt enough of it, I was only using a Yamaha AVR. So I sold my system and moved on to some other brands, the first one was louder but no where near as good so I then added an Emotiva XPA-5 to my system and moved onto 2 more brands and all were somewhat better and LOUDER but none of them had the clarity of the Triton's. I have been wondering all this time what would the difference have been if I had the XPA-5 when I had my Two's.
Since the release of the One's it has me ready to move back to Goldenear now that I can pair the One's with my Yamaha CX-A5000 Pre/Pro and XPA-5, I can't wait to hear them. Also the Two's just never had the bass I wanted but have since added my HSU sub.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2702 Old Today, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Can someone let me know how to wire the Triton 2's for LFE
I have 4 runs of standard speaker cables wired to the front of the room - one for the center, one for left, one for right and one for the dedicated sub. How, do I get wires for the dedicated LFE on the Tritons w/o running new cable from the AVR (in the equip room)?
thx
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page