GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Speakers > GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread

Speakers

sonic debauchery's Avatar sonic debauchery
05:37 PM Liked: 36
post #2791 of 2820
12-01-2014 | Posts: 242
Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa247 View Post
Greetings,

I am planning to setup a 5.2 surround system using Aon 2 speakers for the fronts and the surrounds. If I am planning to use an 80 Hz crossover for all speakers, would using the SuperCenter XL be overkill with the Aon 2 speakers or would the Super Center X be a better match for the Aon 2 speakers? If I had the space, I would use another Aon 2 for a Center, but I don't. Any advice would be appreciated.
The SCX was meant to compliment the Aon series.
seantos's Avatar seantos
11:31 PM Liked: 13
post #2792 of 2820
12-05-2014 | Posts: 23
Joined: Jun 2005
So I have been meaning to post an update since I have had my new goldenear setup for a week now. Just as a recap I ended up with the soundbar, 2 x supersat 3's and the forcefield 4.

My intial reaction is that I am totally blown away especially with how music sounds. I would say that my usage going into the setup was probably around 90% hometheater and only 10% music, however since getting them setup up I have been listening to music just because it sounds so good. Also I am not sure if it's speaker break in, getting them setup and configured correctly, me getting used to them or maybe a combination of all three, but they sound much better a week later. I am also shocked by how well the surrounds work at creating an immersive bubble. I would say my only criticism of the whole system would be the sub. Its a good performer, especially for the size, but it doesn't live up to my SVS cylinder sub. I think the svs goes lower and plays more effortlessly. It might be an unfair comparison though because I have never used the SVS upstairs where it is a more open room. I am still happy I went with the forcefield 4 because it was easy to hide in the room, which would not have been the case with the ~3' tall svs.

The soundstage of these speakers is truly awesome and I am completely sold on the folded ribbon technology. I am now looking at doing 3 triton 7's (or 2 and a supercenter xl) and 2 aon3's in my main theater as a result. See the home theater design and construction area for my possible theater redesign: Help decide the direction of my new theater

CRRobert's Avatar CRRobert
03:38 PM Liked: 10
post #2793 of 2820
12-07-2014 | Posts: 41
Joined: Nov 2010
Was wondering if anyone here had GE's behind an Acoustically transparent screen? Working on dedicated theater about 13x20x9. Looking to start with 5.x system, and then up to Atmos.

I have the Htr7000's in a 5.1 system for my living room with FF 4 and really love it.

Making my way through the 94 pages of the thread now.
DrPyro's Avatar DrPyro
10:13 AM Liked: 10
post #2794 of 2820
12-08-2014 | Posts: 238
Joined: Feb 2003
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on a major upgrade to my Family Room & Home Theater / Game Room systems. I am basically moving from a single 3.1 system that was driven by music sound quality to two systems that are more Home theater & family friendly.

Family Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-3313CI, Sony BluRay Player, Cable TV, Chromcast, & Vizio P70 TV
Speakers: None
Subwoofer: SVS SB12-NSD

The Family room is in a HUGE open area, it is open to the second floor and kitchen. The TV is mounted on the wall in a large wall recess. (See Floor plan image) We mostly will watch a few football games, kids shows when we are cooking dinner, random TV stuff, family movies, etc. When I had my main speakers down here hearing dialog was always an issue. I think it had to do with the fact that the speakers were in this deep box wall recess and everything is "hard" (tile floors, big flat walls without wall coverings, big windows, etc). The wife is deocrating the room, so WAF is CRITICAL here! I have settled on a simple 5.1 system. I'm looking at the SuperCinema 3D Array XL for the front array. Where I'm having issues is with the back surround speakers. The speakers must be mounted in the rear wall, but high (approximately 10-12ft high, basically the second floor wall). I have shown two red squares in the floor plan roughly where they will be located. Due to their height, i was thinking the HTR7000s. The local dealer suggested the MPX (without knowing the room layout & dimensions), but I think it was just for "dispersed sound" vs "localized" for surround. I'm not sure i really want to spend 2x on surrounds when I could get the Invista 525. Recommendations?

Home Theater Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-X4000, Oppo BluRay Player, Chromcast, & Pioneer 60" Plasma TV
Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C1s, Dynaudio Confidence Center
Subwoofer: SVS Ultra 12 Cylinder

The Home theater room is where we will do most of our serious movie viewing and is 1/2 home theater, and 1/2 game room for the kids. The main section of the room is 25'x15' with 9' ceilings. We are looking to have a 7.1 system, and I need to purchase the surround speakers. Due to the kids and WAF, we can't use floor standing speakers so we are looking for in-ceiling speakers. I have attached a few layout pictures of the room and locations for the 4 speakers we need to purchase. What recommendations does anyone have? HTR7000s for the rear surrounds an Invista 525 for sides? or what?

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
Attached: Floor Plan1a.jpg (69.1 KB)  HT-BackView1.jpg (144.8 KB)  HT-SideView1.jpg (180.3 KB)  HT-TopView1Mod.jpg (87.9 KB) 
sonic debauchery's Avatar sonic debauchery
08:31 PM Liked: 36
post #2795 of 2820
12-08-2014 | Posts: 242
Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPyro View Post
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on a major upgrade to my Family Room & Home Theater / Game Room systems. I am basically moving from a single 3.1 system that was driven by music sound quality to two systems that are more Home theater & family friendly.

Family Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-3313CI, Sony BluRay Player, Cable TV, Chromcast, & Vizio P70 TV
Speakers: None
Subwoofer: SVS SB12-NSD

The Family room is in a HUGE open area, it is open to the second floor and kitchen. The TV is mounted on the wall in a large wall recess. (See Floor plan image) We mostly will watch a few football games, kids shows when we are cooking dinner, random TV stuff, family movies, etc. When I had my main speakers down here hearing dialog was always an issue. I think it had to do with the fact that the speakers were in this deep box wall recess and everything is "hard" (tile floors, big flat walls without wall coverings, big windows, etc). The wife is deocrating the room, so WAF is CRITICAL here! I have settled on a simple 5.1 system. I'm looking at the SuperCinema 3D Array XL for the front array. Where I'm having issues is with the back surround speakers. The speakers must be mounted in the rear wall, but high (approximately 10-12ft high, basically the second floor wall). I have shown two red squares in the floor plan roughly where they will be located. Due to their height, i was thinking the HTR7000s. The local dealer suggested the MPX (without knowing the room layout & dimensions), but I think it was just for "dispersed sound" vs "localized" for surround. I'm not sure i really want to spend 2x on surrounds when I could get the Invista 525. Recommendations?

Home Theater Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-X4000, Oppo BluRay Player, Chromcast, & Pioneer 60" Plasma TV
Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C1s, Dynaudio Confidence Center
Subwoofer: SVS Ultra 12 Cylinder

The Home theater room is where we will do most of our serious movie viewing and is 1/2 home theater, and 1/2 game room for the kids. The main section of the room is 25'x15' with 9' ceilings. We are looking to have a 7.1 system, and I need to purchase the surround speakers. Due to the kids and WAF, we can't use floor standing speakers so we are looking for in-ceiling speakers. I have attached a few layout pictures of the room and locations for the 4 speakers we need to purchase. What recommendations does anyone have? HTR7000s for the rear surrounds an Invista 525 for sides? or what?

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
The 525's will work, with good dispersion in all 4 settings, being equivalent to an Aon2

The 7000's will be equivalent to an Aon 3 bookshelf speaker.

Either will do the job superbly. The 7000's will have deeper bass extension.
rustolemite's Avatar rustolemite
05:58 PM Liked: 13
post #2796 of 2820
12-09-2014 | Posts: 168
Joined: Dec 2006
Without mentioning Dealer or Price can anybody say if they got their Triton Ones for less than the MSRP on Goldenear's website? Looking to know if can expect that when I place my order.

Thanks
Rustolemite
d_m1010's Avatar d_m1010
06:25 PM Liked: 165
post #2797 of 2820
12-09-2014 | Posts: 1,942
Joined: Aug 2009
I paid the 5k for mine, minus my trade in on the triton 2s.
freddy202022's Avatar freddy202022
06:39 PM Liked: 14
post #2798 of 2820
12-09-2014 | Posts: 152
Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Without mentioning Dealer or Price can anybody say if they got their Triton Ones for less than the MSRP on Goldenear's website? Looking to know if can expect that when I place my order.

Thanks
Rustolemite
MSRP for me
dscottj's Avatar dscottj
06:30 AM Liked: 20
post #2799 of 2820
12-10-2014 | Posts: 162
Joined: May 2010
MSRP for me as well, but I got a nice discount on the receiver I bought at the same time.
rustolemite's Avatar rustolemite
08:53 AM Liked: 13
post #2800 of 2820
12-10-2014 | Posts: 168
Joined: Dec 2006
Thanks for the responses guys just wanted to see if there was any wiggle room on the price before I asked.


Thanks again.
ChicagoChris's Avatar ChicagoChris
01:29 PM Liked: 10
post #2801 of 2820
12-10-2014 | Posts: 114
Joined: Dec 2002
With my dream of in wall speakers crushed, i took a look at the Supersat 3's and was very impressed. I may pull the trigger on them. Anyone have any comments good or bad on these speakers? (aside from what i have read)

Thanks!
dscottj's Avatar dscottj
03:30 PM Liked: 20
post #2802 of 2820
12-10-2014 | Posts: 162
Joined: May 2010
I've got them as rears and have been very impressed. Even though everyone goes on about IN ceiling speakers, I'm seriously mulling over adding a set or two more to my ceiling for Atmos. My current rears are mounted to the ceiling already, so it's not much of a stretch.
goldenear tech's Avatar goldenear tech
01:37 PM Liked: 34
post #2803 of 2820
12-11-2014 | Posts: 153
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPyro View Post
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on a major upgrade to my Family Room & Home Theater / Game Room systems. I am basically moving from a single 3.1 system that was driven by music sound quality to two systems that are more Home theater & family friendly.

Family Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-3313CI, Sony BluRay Player, Cable TV, Chromcast, & Vizio P70 TV
Speakers: None
Subwoofer: SVS SB12-NSD

The Family room is in a HUGE open area, it is open to the second floor and kitchen. The TV is mounted on the wall in a large wall recess. (See Floor plan image) We mostly will watch a few football games, kids shows when we are cooking dinner, random TV stuff, family movies, etc. When I had my main speakers down here hearing dialog was always an issue. I think it had to do with the fact that the speakers were in this deep box wall recess and everything is "hard" (tile floors, big flat walls without wall coverings, big windows, etc). The wife is deocrating the room, so WAF is CRITICAL here! I have settled on a simple 5.1 system. I'm looking at the SuperCinema 3D Array XL for the front array. Where I'm having issues is with the back surround speakers. The speakers must be mounted in the rear wall, but high (approximately 10-12ft high, basically the second floor wall). I have shown two red squares in the floor plan roughly where they will be located. Due to their height, i was thinking the HTR7000s. The local dealer suggested the MPX (without knowing the room layout & dimensions), but I think it was just for "dispersed sound" vs "localized" for surround. I'm not sure i really want to spend 2x on surrounds when I could get the Invista 525. Recommendations?

Home Theater Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-X4000, Oppo BluRay Player, Chromcast, & Pioneer 60" Plasma TV
Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C1s, Dynaudio Confidence Center
Subwoofer: SVS Ultra 12 Cylinder

The Home theater room is where we will do most of our serious movie viewing and is 1/2 home theater, and 1/2 game room for the kids. The main section of the room is 25'x15' with 9' ceilings. We are looking to have a 7.1 system, and I need to purchase the surround speakers. Due to the kids and WAF, we can't use floor standing speakers so we are looking for in-ceiling speakers. I have attached a few layout pictures of the room and locations for the 4 speakers we need to purchase. What recommendations does anyone have? HTR7000s for the rear surrounds an Invista 525 for sides? or what?

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
Hi, The HTR 7000s, which would probably be ideal, as they can be aimed down, however they are deeper than the the other Invisas,and may not fit in your wall. If you choose the MPX, I would mount them horizontally. With any of these speakers, if you can, I would put them further apart. The 525s will certainly work well, but not quite as well as the others, your choice. Thanks, Sandy
goldenear tech's Avatar goldenear tech
01:43 PM Liked: 34
post #2804 of 2820
12-11-2014 | Posts: 153
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa247 View Post
Greetings,

I am planning to setup a 5.2 surround system using Aon 2 speakers for the fronts and the surrounds. If I am planning to use an 80 Hz crossover for all speakers, would using the SuperCenter XL be overkill with the Aon 2 speakers or would the Super Center X be a better match for the Aon 2 speakers? If I had the space, I would use another Aon 2 for a Center, but I don't. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi, I don't think it is really a question of overkill, as it would depend on your specific listening. However, I would say the SuperCenter X would be just fine. Thanks, Sandy
Veda's Avatar Veda
01:49 AM Liked: 46
post #2805 of 2820
12-13-2014 | Posts: 2,366
Joined: Apr 2008
Hi Sandy, I got a technical question regarding the HTR7000 in ceiling setup for Atmos. The manual says minimum 2 meter straight height and 2.5 meter distance from seating for normal + surround application. This 2.5 meter (or more accurately 2.3m) should be the distance from speaker directly to the listener's head if the tweeter angle is 28deg as per trigonometry formula? Or is it referring to the distance from listener to the ground directly under the speaker? Is the tweeter angle really 28deg as it's not listed on the spec?

The HTR7000 manual doesn't show setup for Atmos yet so it isn't every clear. I assume 2.5m "ground distance from seating" is correct if it's set up as front mains but doesn't make sense given the tweeter angle of 28 and Atmos installation (too far away from above the listener). Finally is the dispersion 90 deg? Thanks.
Attached: Screenshot (3).jpg (23.6 KB) 
goldenear tech's Avatar goldenear tech
04:15 PM Liked: 34
post #2806 of 2820
12-16-2014 | Posts: 153
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
Hi Sandy, I got a technical question regarding the HTR7000 in ceiling setup for Atmos. The manual says minimum 2 meter straight height and 2.5 meter distance from seating for normal + surround application. This 2.5 meter (or more accurately 2.3m) should be the distance from speaker directly to the listener's head if the tweeter angle is 28deg as per trigonometry formula? Or is it referring to the distance from listener to the ground directly under the speaker? Is the tweeter angle really 28deg as it's not listed on the spec?

The HTR7000 manual doesn't show setup for Atmos yet so it isn't every clear. I assume 2.5m "ground distance from seating" is correct if it's set up as front mains but doesn't make sense given the tweeter angle of 28 and Atmos installation (too far away from above the listener). Finally is the dispersion 90 deg? Thanks.
Hi, The application of the 7000s in Atmos Systems is a little different than when used as a front main system. As an overhead height speaker, we are trying to get a nice consistent spread through the listening area and minimize hot spots. So my suggestion, is the front two height speakers about 2 feet in front of the listening area, and each about 2 feet to the left and right, and similarly for the rear height channels (2 feet behind). I then suggest rotating them so they poit at the center of the listening area. This is how we had them set up at CEDIA, and it sounded great, as you have probably read. All the Best, Sandy
Veda's Avatar Veda
08:14 AM Liked: 46
post #2807 of 2820
12-17-2014 | Posts: 2,366
Joined: Apr 2008
Thanks Sandy, how high was the ceiling at CEDIA?
goldenear tech's Avatar goldenear tech
05:04 PM Liked: 34
post #2808 of 2820
12-17-2014 | Posts: 153
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
Thanks Sandy, how high was the ceiling at CEDIA?
Hi, Nine feet. Remember, none of this is an exact science. All the Best, Sandy
Audiguy3's Avatar Audiguy3
05:59 PM Liked: 35
post #2809 of 2820
12-17-2014 | Posts: 1,242
Joined: Oct 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Thanks for the responses guys just wanted to see if there was any wiggle room on the price before I asked.


Thanks again.
You might find people trading in their Twos
MrTissues
04:40 PM Liked: 0
post #2810 of 2820
Yesterday | Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 2014
I demoed the Triton 7's today and was very impressed. I think I am going to build a 5.1 setup with them.

But, I had trouble deciding between a super center x and super center xl. Would the XL end up overpowering the towers? In the grand scheme of things the $200 price difference and size difference is not a huge issue. So because of that I am leaning towards the XL model.

For the rears I need to use the SuperSat 3's for space reasons.

The dealer I visited likes to sell the NAD T758 with their speakers. How is this receiver? I have not heard much about NAD as a brand, or if it was a good value. It seems like other brands offer more features at that price, but I don't know if the NAD would end up actually sounding better. Does anyone have input on a good receiver for a Goldenears 5.1 surround setup?
Audiguy3's Avatar Audiguy3
05:09 PM Liked: 35
post #2811 of 2820
Yesterday | Posts: 1,242
Joined: Oct 2002
I use Marantz gear and Sandy does too in many demos. If cost is a issue look at accessories for less
Joseph Clark's Avatar Joseph Clark
05:45 PM Liked: 184
post #2812 of 2820
Yesterday | Posts: 10,504
Joined: Mar 2002
Ditto. I use a Marantz AVR with Sevens in my main home theater and a Denon with Sevens in a bedroom system. My dealer used NAD for demos, but I don't care for the sound.
sunlinger's Avatar sunlinger
05:55 PM Liked: 15
post #2813 of 2820
Yesterday | Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 2014
I'll third the Marantz. I have the same GE setup but with the scx and ff3. I love the sound quality of the Marantz...great combination.
sonic debauchery's Avatar sonic debauchery
06:28 AM Liked: 36
post #2814 of 2820
Today | Posts: 242
Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTissues View Post
I demoed the Triton 7's today and was very impressed. I think I am going to build a 5.1 setup with them.

But, I had trouble deciding between a super center x and super center xl. Would the XL end up overpowering the towers? In the grand scheme of things the $200 price difference and size difference is not a huge issue. So because of that I am leaning towards the XL model.

For the rears I need to use the SuperSat 3's for space reasons.

The dealer I visited likes to sell the NAD T758 with their speakers. How is this receiver? I have not heard much about NAD as a brand, or if it was a good value. It seems like other brands offer more features at that price, but I don't know if the NAD would end up actually sounding better. Does anyone have input on a good receiver for a Goldenears 5.1 surround setup?
NAD has reliability issues with their home theatre gear and thusly are dropping out of home theatre.

I do freelance reviews for NAD and PSB, and have it straight from the source.

NAD 2 channel equipment is excellent.
Home theatre.......Anthem is the way to go with GE. Ample power, arguably the best room correction in the market, and excellent quality with the 5 series.

Your dealer may be trying to get rid of stock.

Maranta is also good.
sunlinger's Avatar sunlinger
08:08 AM Liked: 15
post #2815 of 2820
Today | Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTissues View Post
I demoed the Triton 7's today and was very impressed. I think I am going to build a 5.1 setup with them.

But, I had trouble deciding between a super center x and super center xl. Would the XL end up overpowering the towers? In the grand scheme of things the $200 price difference and size difference is not a huge issue. So because of that I am leaning towards the XL model.

For the rears I need to use the SuperSat 3's for space reasons.

The dealer I visited likes to sell the NAD T758 with their speakers. How is this receiver? I have not heard much about NAD as a brand, or if it was a good value. It seems like other brands offer more features at that price, but I don't know if the NAD would end up actually sounding better. Does anyone have input on a good receiver for a Goldenears 5.1 surround setup?
In reference to your SCX versus SCXL question, I believe there is room size to consider as well. I have a smallish room, 12'x14'x8', so the SCX gives me all I need, clarity, detail and the blending/imaging with the 7's is spot on. In fact I have my center dialed back -0.5db because it can take over my room in dialogue intense movies. The SCXL will give you a little more low end and smoothness because of the added passive and larger enclosure, but in mho it's best suited for larger rooms. I used the extra $200 on speaker stands for my SS3's, but either one you choose will serve you well.

I've had my GE system for nearly a year now and couldn't be happier. The 7's are incredible for 2 channel music, as well as delivering the goods for HT. I highly recommend the GE's and your 5:1 choice being it with the SCX or SCXL.

With my GE surround system, Oppo 103D and recently purchased Samsung PN64F8500, i'm in pure audio/video bliss!
MrTissues
02:35 PM Liked: 0
post #2816 of 2820
Today | Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlinger View Post
In reference to your SCX versus SCXL question, I believe there is room size to consider as well. I have a smallish room, 12'x14'x8', so the SCX gives me all I need, clarity, detail and the blending/imaging with the 7's is spot on. In fact I have my center dialed back -0.5db because it can take over my room in dialogue intense movies. The SCXL will give you a little more low end and smoothness because of the added passive and larger enclosure, but in mho it's best suited for larger rooms. I used the extra $200 on speaker stands for my SS3's, but either one you choose will serve you well.

I've had my GE system for nearly a year now and couldn't be happier. The 7's are incredible for 2 channel music, as well as delivering the goods for HT. I highly recommend the GE's and your 5:1 choice being it with the SCX or SCXL.

With my GE surround system, Oppo 103D and recently purchased Samsung PN64F8500, i'm in pure audio/video bliss!
Thanks man, I actually have the same setup. I recently purchased a Samsung PN60F8500 (ok mine is smaller). The TV looks fantastic but I can hear the buzzing very clearly, though I am 24 and consider myself to have good hearing, and am sensitive to these sorts of noises. I think I'll stick with the TV due to the picture quality it is just unfortunate that there needs to be a downside like this.

An Oppo 103D will come sometime after buying the speakers, I'm sure

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will probably end up with Marantz or do some more research into Anthem AVRs.
dwgncat's Avatar dwgncat
03:25 PM Liked: 10
post #2817 of 2820
Today | Posts: 13
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTissues View Post
Thanks man, I actually have the same setup. I recently purchased a Samsung PN60F8500 (ok mine is smaller). The TV looks fantastic but I can hear the buzzing very clearly, though I am 24 and consider myself to have good hearing, and am sensitive to these sorts of noises. I think I'll stick with the TV due to the picture quality it is just unfortunate that there needs to be a downside like this.

An Oppo 103D will come sometime after buying the speakers, I'm sure

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will probably end up with Marantz or do some more research into Anthem AVRs.
My local GE authorized dealer (KC metro) suggested a 2014 Yamaha AVR (3040 or 2040 for Atmos or the 1040). Anthem AVR's are also sold there and recommended but a little more $$$ and bare bones. If you want AirPlay, etc, then check out the Yamaha AVRs, if not the Anthem models will work well. Enjoy!
dscottj's Avatar dscottj
03:27 PM Liked: 20
post #2818 of 2820
Today | Posts: 162
Joined: May 2010
Gonna put some love out for Pioneer, too. Drove my Triton Ones with an SC-57, then upgraded to this year's SC-89.

Pretty much any good receiver will do just fine with them. Pick one with the features you like and cut loose.
sunlinger's Avatar sunlinger
04:08 PM Liked: 15
post #2819 of 2820
Today | Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 2014
Mr Tissues

That's to bad about your Samsung, but keep it if you can tolerate the buzz because the PQ is just so incredibly good. Some folks are hearing reduced buzz after an extended break-in period. Iv'e been lucky with mine, can't hear the buzzing, suppose it's my age.

Once your GE's are set up though, doubt you will notice because the urge to crank up the volume for both movies and music is overwhelming. The GE's are at their best with a good amplifier and increased volume to really make them breathe. You are going to love them! They are the best sounding speakers I've ever owned!

Good luck and report back when you have them set up.
rustolemite's Avatar rustolemite
05:09 PM Liked: 13
post #2820 of 2820
Today | Posts: 168
Joined: Dec 2006
Okay, Ones vs Sevens
I am still on track to get a pair of Ones after Xmas but the more I have been thinking about it and reading I am wondering if I really need the Ones or can I be happy with the Sevens.

Right now I am using a HSU VTF3-MK4 12' Sub that is AWESOME and handles all my LFE. so my QUESTION is if you Disregard the Bass that the Ones can supply, how do they match up with the Sevens?
Are they that much better overall that they are worth the cost and not just for the added Bass.
I am staring to wonder if I would be just as happy with Sevens + my HSU.

My room is 20x19x8 and powering the system with Yammy CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA5, I know this would be plenty to make either the Ones or the Sevens sing.
Also currently using Paradigm 100s which are great and loud but just not the clarity of the Goldenears.

Please any responses would be great.
Thanks for reading

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3