post #2791 of 2813 Old 12-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa247 View Post
Greetings,

I am planning to setup a 5.2 surround system using Aon 2 speakers for the fronts and the surrounds. If I am planning to use an 80 Hz crossover for all speakers, would using the SuperCenter XL be overkill with the Aon 2 speakers or would the Super Center X be a better match for the Aon 2 speakers? If I had the space, I would use another Aon 2 for a Center, but I don't. Any advice would be appreciated.
The SCX was meant to compliment the Aon series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2813 Old 12-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I have been meaning to post an update since I have had my new goldenear setup for a week now. Just as a recap I ended up with the soundbar, 2 x supersat 3's and the forcefield 4.

My intial reaction is that I am totally blown away especially with how music sounds. I would say that my usage going into the setup was probably around 90% hometheater and only 10% music, however since getting them setup up I have been listening to music just because it sounds so good. Also I am not sure if it's speaker break in, getting them setup and configured correctly, me getting used to them or maybe a combination of all three, but they sound much better a week later. I am also shocked by how well the surrounds work at creating an immersive bubble. I would say my only criticism of the whole system would be the sub. Its a good performer, especially for the size, but it doesn't live up to my SVS cylinder sub. I think the svs goes lower and plays more effortlessly. It might be an unfair comparison though because I have never used the SVS upstairs where it is a more open room. I am still happy I went with the forcefield 4 because it was easy to hide in the room, which would not have been the case with the ~3' tall svs.

The soundstage of these speakers is truly awesome and I am completely sold on the folded ribbon technology. I am now looking at doing 3 triton 7's (or 2 and a supercenter xl) and 2 aon3's in my main theater as a result. See the home theater design and construction area for my possible theater redesign: Help decide the direction of my new theater
post #2793 of 2813 Old 12-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was wondering if anyone here had GE's behind an Acoustically transparent screen? Working on dedicated theater about 13x20x9. Looking to start with 5.x system, and then up to Atmos.

I have the Htr7000's in a 5.1 system for my living room with FF 4 and really love it.

Making my way through the 94 pages of the thread now.
post #2794 of 2813 Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on a major upgrade to my Family Room & Home Theater / Game Room systems. I am basically moving from a single 3.1 system that was driven by music sound quality to two systems that are more Home theater & family friendly.

Family Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-3313CI, Sony BluRay Player, Cable TV, Chromcast, & Vizio P70 TV
Speakers: None
Subwoofer: SVS SB12-NSD

The Family room is in a HUGE open area, it is open to the second floor and kitchen. The TV is mounted on the wall in a large wall recess. (See Floor plan image) We mostly will watch a few football games, kids shows when we are cooking dinner, random TV stuff, family movies, etc. When I had my main speakers down here hearing dialog was always an issue. I think it had to do with the fact that the speakers were in this deep box wall recess and everything is "hard" (tile floors, big flat walls without wall coverings, big windows, etc). The wife is deocrating the room, so WAF is CRITICAL here! I have settled on a simple 5.1 system. I'm looking at the SuperCinema 3D Array XL for the front array. Where I'm having issues is with the back surround speakers. The speakers must be mounted in the rear wall, but high (approximately 10-12ft high, basically the second floor wall). I have shown two red squares in the floor plan roughly where they will be located. Due to their height, i was thinking the HTR7000s. The local dealer suggested the MPX (without knowing the room layout & dimensions), but I think it was just for "dispersed sound" vs "localized" for surround. I'm not sure i really want to spend 2x on surrounds when I could get the Invista 525. Recommendations?

Home Theater Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-X4000, Oppo BluRay Player, Chromcast, & Pioneer 60" Plasma TV
Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C1s, Dynaudio Confidence Center
Subwoofer: SVS Ultra 12 Cylinder

The Home theater room is where we will do most of our serious movie viewing and is 1/2 home theater, and 1/2 game room for the kids. The main section of the room is 25'x15' with 9' ceilings. We are looking to have a 7.1 system, and I need to purchase the surround speakers. Due to the kids and WAF, we can't use floor standing speakers so we are looking for in-ceiling speakers. I have attached a few layout pictures of the room and locations for the 4 speakers we need to purchase. What recommendations does anyone have? HTR7000s for the rear surrounds an Invista 525 for sides? or what?

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Plan1a.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	408265   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT-BackView1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	408273   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT-SideView1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	408281   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT-TopView1Mod.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	408289  

I think IÂm addicted to placebos!!!
post #2795 of 2813 Old 12-08-2014, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPyro View Post
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on a major upgrade to my Family Room & Home Theater / Game Room systems. I am basically moving from a single 3.1 system that was driven by music sound quality to two systems that are more Home theater & family friendly.

Family Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-3313CI, Sony BluRay Player, Cable TV, Chromcast, & Vizio P70 TV

The Family room is in a HUGE open area, it is open to the second floor and kitchen. The TV is mounted on the wall in a large wall recess. (See Floor plan image) We mostly will watch a few football games, kids shows when we are cooking dinner, random TV stuff, family movies, etc. When I had my main speakers down here hearing dialog was always an issue. I think it had to do with the fact that the speakers were in this deep box wall recess and everything is "hard" (tile floors, big flat walls without wall coverings, big windows, etc). The wife is deocrating the room, so WAF is CRITICAL here! I have settled on a simple 5.1 system. I'm looking at the SuperCinema 3D Array XL for the front array. Where I'm having issues is with the back surround speakers. The speakers must be mounted in the rear wall, but high (approximately 10-12ft high, basically the second floor wall). I have shown two red squares in the floor plan roughly where they will be located. Due to their height, i was thinking the HTR7000s. The local dealer suggested the MPX (without knowing the room layout & dimensions), but I think it was just for "dispersed sound" vs "localized" for surround. I'm not sure i really want to spend 2x on surrounds when I could get the Invista 525. Recommendations?

Home Theater Room System
Electronics: Denon AVR-X4000, Oppo BluRay Player, Chromcast, & Pioneer 60" Plasma TV

The Home theater room is where we will do most of our serious movie viewing and is 1/2 home theater, and 1/2 game room for the kids. The main section of the room is 25'x15' with 9' ceilings. We are looking to have a 7.1 system, and I need to purchase the surround speakers. Due to the kids and WAF, we can't use floor standing speakers so we are looking for in-ceiling speakers. I have attached a few layout pictures of the room and locations for the 4 speakers we need to purchase. What recommendations does anyone have? HTR7000s for the rear surrounds an Invista 525 for sides? or what?

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
The 525's will work, with good dispersion in all 4 settings, being equivalent to an Aon2

The 7000's will be equivalent to an Aon 3 bookshelf speaker.

Either will do the job superbly. The 7000's will have deeper bass extension.
post #2796 of 2813 Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Without mentioning Dealer or Price can anybody say if they got their Triton Ones for less than the MSRP on Goldenear's website? Looking to know if can expect that when I place my order.

Thanks
Rustolemite

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #2797 of 2813 Old 12-09-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I paid the 5k for mine, minus my trade in on the triton 2s.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
post #2798 of 2813 Old 12-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Without mentioning Dealer or Price can anybody say if they got their Triton Ones for less than the MSRP on Goldenear's website? Looking to know if can expect that when I place my order.

Thanks
Rustolemite
MSRP for me
post #2799 of 2813 Old 12-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
MSRP for me as well, but I got a nice discount on the receiver I bought at the same time.
post #2800 of 2813 Old 12-10-2014, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses guys just wanted to see if there was any wiggle room on the price before I asked.

Thanks again.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #2801 of 2813 Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my dream of in wall speakers crushed, i took a look at the Supersat 3's and was very impressed. I may pull the trigger on them. Anyone have any comments good or bad on these speakers? (aside from what i have read)

Thanks!
post #2802 of 2813 Old 12-10-2014, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've got them as rears and have been very impressed. Even though everyone goes on about IN ceiling speakers, I'm seriously mulling over adding a set or two more to my ceiling for Atmos. My current rears are mounted to the ceiling already, so it's not much of a stretch.
post #2803 of 2813 Old 12-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Your Rear Surround Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPyro View Post

Family Room System

Home Theater Room System

Thanks for for the help!
-DrPyro
Hi, The HTR 7000s, which would probably be ideal, as they can be aimed down, however they are deeper than the the other Invisas,and may not fit in your wall. If you choose the MPX, I would mount them horizontally. With any of these speakers, if you can, I would put them further apart. The 525s will certainly work well, but not quite as well as the others, your choice. Thanks, Sandy

Last edited by goldenear tech; 12-11-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: left out a word
post #2804 of 2813 Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Your Question About Center Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa247 View Post
Greetings,

I am planning to setup a 5.2 surround system using Aon 2 speakers for the fronts and the surrounds. If I am planning to use an 80 Hz crossover for all speakers, would using the SuperCenter XL be overkill with the Aon 2 speakers or would the Super Center X be a better match for the Aon 2 speakers? If I had the space, I would use another Aon 2 for a Center, but I don't. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi, I don't think it is really a question of overkill, as it would depend on your specific listening. However, I would say the SuperCenter X would be just fine. Thanks, Sandy
post #2805 of 2813 Old 12-13-2014, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hi Sandy, I got a technical question regarding the HTR7000 in ceiling setup for Atmos. The manual says minimum 2 meter straight height and 2.5 meter distance from seating for normal + surround application. This 2.5 meter (or more accurately 2.3m) should be the distance from speaker directly to the listener's head if the tweeter angle is 28deg as per trigonometry formula? Or is it referring to the distance from listener to the ground directly under the speaker? Is the tweeter angle really 28deg as it's not listed on the spec?

The HTR7000 manual doesn't show setup for Atmos yet so it isn't every clear. I assume 2.5m "ground distance from seating" is correct if it's set up as front mains but doesn't make sense given the tweeter angle of 28 and Atmos installation (too far away from above the listener). Finally is the dispersion 90 deg? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	419129  

Last edited by Veda; 12-13-2014 at 02:13 AM.
post #2806 of 2813 Old 12-16-2014, 04:15 PM

HTR 7000s in Atmos Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
Hi Sandy, I got a technical question regarding the HTR7000 in ceiling setup for Atmos. The manual says minimum 2 meter straight height and 2.5 meter distance from seating for normal + surround application. This 2.5 meter (or more accurately 2.3m) should be the distance from speaker directly to the listener's head if the tweeter angle is 28deg as per trigonometry formula? Or is it referring to the distance from listener to the ground directly under the speaker? Is the tweeter angle really 28deg as it's not listed on the spec?

The HTR7000 manual doesn't show setup for Atmos yet so it isn't every clear. I assume 2.5m "ground distance from seating" is correct if it's set up as front mains but doesn't make sense given the tweeter angle of 28 and Atmos installation (too far away from above the listener). Finally is the dispersion 90 deg? Thanks.
Hi, The application of the 7000s in Atmos Systems is a little different than when used as a front main system. As an overhead height speaker, we are trying to get a nice consistent spread through the listening area and minimize hot spots. So my suggestion, is the front two height speakers about 2 feet in front of the listening area, and each about 2 feet to the left and right, and similarly for the rear height channels (2 feet behind). I then suggest rotating them so they poit at the center of the listening area. This is how we had them set up at CEDIA, and it sounded great, as you have probably read. All the Best, Sandy
post #2807 of 2813 Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Thanks Sandy, how high was the ceiling at CEDIA?
post #2808 of 2813 Old 12-17-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
Thanks Sandy, how high was the ceiling at CEDIA?
Hi, Nine feet. Remember, none of this is an exact science. All the Best, Sandy
post #2809 of 2813 Old 12-17-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Thanks for the responses guys just wanted to see if there was any wiggle room on the price before I asked.

Thanks again.
You might find people trading in their Twos

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds
post #2810 of 2813 Unread Today, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I demoed the Triton 7's today and was very impressed. I think I am going to build a 5.1 setup with them.

But, I had trouble deciding between a super center x and super center xl. Would the XL end up overpowering the towers? In the grand scheme of things the $200 price difference and size difference is not a huge issue. So because of that I am leaning towards the XL model.

For the rears I need to use the SuperSat 3's for space reasons.

The dealer I visited likes to sell the NAD T758 with their speakers. How is this receiver? I have not heard much about NAD as a brand, or if it was a good value. It seems like other brands offer more features at that price, but I don't know if the NAD would end up actually sounding better. Does anyone have input on a good receiver for a Goldenears 5.1 surround setup?
post #2811 of 2813 Unread Today, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I use Marantz gear and Sandy does too in many demos. If cost is a issue look at accessories for less
post #2812 of 2813 Unread Today, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Ditto. I use a Marantz AVR with Sevens in my main home theater and a Denon with Sevens in a bedroom system. My dealer used NAD for demos, but I don't care for the sound.
post #2813 of 2813 Unread Today, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'll third the Marantz. I have the same GE setup but with the scx and ff3. I love the sound quality of the Marantz...great combination.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page