post #2821 of 2822 Unread Today, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Okay, Ones vs Sevens
I am still on track to get a pair of Ones after Xmas but the more I have been thinking about it and reading I am wondering if I really need the Ones or can I be happy with the Sevens.

Right now I am using a HSU VTF3-MK4 12' Sub that is AWESOME and handles all my LFE. so my QUESTION is if you Disregard the Bass that the Ones can supply, how do they match up with the Sevens?
Are they that much better overall that they are worth the cost and not just for the added Bass.
I am staring to wonder if I would be just as happy with Sevens + my HSU.

My room is 20x19x8 and powering the system with Yammy CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA5, I know this would be plenty to make either the Ones or the Sevens sing.
Also currently using Paradigm 100s which are great and loud but just not the clarity of the Goldenears.

Please any responses would be great.
Thanks for reading
Your room is 3040 cubic feet. IMO with the excellent gear you have, the sevens would do well. I have a feeling you would be wishing you went with the ones down the road. The Emo XPA5 will make the one's sing oh so well. The ones will give you more head room, especially in that big of a room.

The bass that the one's are capable of will be a far better match to your HSU as well.

Hope this helps. SD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2822 Unread Today, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic debauchery View Post
Your room is 3040 cubic feet. IMO with the excellent gear you have, the sevens would do well. I have a feeling you would be wishing you went with the ones down the road. The Emo XPA5 will make the one's sing oh so well. The ones will give you more head room, especially in that big of a room.

The bass that the one's are capable of will be a far better match to your HSU as well.

Hope this helps. SD
Thanks for your input Sonic, so you think the room is big enough?
Right now my Paradigms are about 90 inches apart and about 3 ft from the wall, this is where the Ones will be as well.
As for the Bass that was my one worry is how well the Ones bass can mix with my HSU. None of the reviews really go into detail about their 5.1 sound or when paired with a separate sub.
I would guess that setup for the ones when used with a Sub is set to Small with about an 80hz setting.

One other thing I see that you have the SCXL what did you have before that and how much better is it?

Thanks

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm 100's v5 + CC-690 + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103 + Sony BDP-CX960
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
Reply Speakers