PSB T5 or Paradigm Monitor 7? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I decided to return my new PSB B6s and do an upgrade to floor speakers. By the time I added the stands for the B6s, the price was getting closer. Plus, I will be running without a sub. This is for music only, stereo 2ch, in my 14x25' living room.

The only store nearby I could listen at has Paradigm and PSB. I listened to Paradigm Monitor 7s today and tomorrow hope to listen to PSB Image T5s.

I can choose among Paradigm Monitor 7s or 9s and also PSB Image T5s or T6s.

Not sure I can listen to all on the same day, as they are in and out for demos all the time.

Is there a big difference among these? Given I will run with no sub, I am leaning towards either the Monitor 9s or PSB T6s. I don't want to get "monster" towers.

Thanks,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I demoed the Monitor 7s before buying our pair of Monitor 9s (HUGE upgrade from my old Bose 301s). I was not very impressed by the 7s. If you are looking at Paradigm's Monitor series, I would spend the extra money on the 9s. Not that familiar with PSB's stuff so I can't comment on them.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by albireo13 View Post

Well, I decided to return my new PSB B6s and do an upgrade to floor speakers. By the time I added the stands for the B6s, the price was getting closer. Plus, I will be running without a sub. This is for music only, stereo 2ch, in my 14x25' living room.

The only store nearby I could listen at has Paradigm and PSB. I listened to Paradigm Monitor 7s today and tomorrow hope to listen to PSB Image T5s.

Not sure I can listen to all on the same day, as they are in and out for demos all the time.

Is there a big difference among these? Given I will run with no sub, I am leaning towards either the Monitor 9s or PSB T6s. I don't want to get "monster" towers.

Thanks,
Rob

This is quite old, but any update on this?  Which did you, or do you, prefer better between the Paradigm monitor 7s or the PSB T5/T6?  I'd love to know.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL000 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by albireo13 

Thanks,
Rob

This is quite old, but any update on this?  Which did you, or do you, prefer better between the Paradigm monitor 7s or the PSB T5/T6?  I'd love to know.
Reviving an old post, but I was just listening to both Paradigm monitor 7's and Psb T5's, also what choices I came down to after much researching. I listened to the monitor 7's, my first choice, and they sounded good, until I heard the Psb's. Doing A/B listening to both and I was quite surprised that for me the clear winner are the T5's. The monitor 7 have a very full midrange in comparison, which to me were at the point of too full, or a little muddy. And because of the T5's midrange being more laid back, they sounded cleaner and bass and highs seemed more defined. I was surprised of the outcome, and as a bonus the remaining T5's are on sale for $250 less than the paradigms to make way for the new line up.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams2 View Post
Reviving an old post, but I was just listening to both Paradigm monitor 7's and Psb T5's, also what choices I came down to after much researching. I listened to the monitor 7's, my first choice, and they sounded good, until I heard the Psb's. Doing A/B listening to both and I was quite surprised that for me the clear winner are the T5's. The monitor 7 have a very full midrange in comparison, which to me were at the point of too full, or a little muddy. And because of the T5's midrange being more laid back, they sounded cleaner and bass and highs seemed more defined. I was surprised of the outcome, and as a bonus the remaining T5's are on sale for $250 less than the paradigms to make way for the new line up.
Since my post, I myself bought some PSB T5s, along with the matching PSB Image center channel and surrounds. So far I'm happy with my choice as well!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL000 View Post
Since my post, I myself bought some PSB T5s, along with the matching PSB Image center channel and surrounds. So far I'm happy with my choice as well!
I was debating on buying at least a centre channel speaker as well and they're also on sale right now, the C5 is on for $299. Then yesterday I saw one used for much less, not even a year old and new condition. Picked that up today, so now possibly some B4's or B5's for surrounds while i'm at it.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-16-2014, 12:27 AM

Here is a few quick shots of my PSBs...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0747.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	214617   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0746.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	214625   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0755.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	214633  
post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2014, 07:03 AM

The room it's in is a bit of a nightmare, with hardwood floors, a sliding glass door about 4' to the left, and open for about 15' off to the right. Placing a foam mat underneath the subwoofer helped a little. I'll post pics another [IMG]http://*******/OSI1pM[/IMG]time
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page