official danley sound labs thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #331 of 335 Old 08-14-2015, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Cobrasound is a pro rental company Dailey dealer. Sometimes they sell their rental gear. You could call them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 335 Old Today, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightylight View Post
So sorry I missed them!

Hey y'all - I'm a newbie who's been lurking chatter on Danleys for years. You guys @ AVS are the most vocal about them I've found.

I'm not a multi-channel guy, and don't even own a TV! I'm a 2-channel music guy, and typically love horns powered by low-power SET amps. Love audiophile stuff, but the (lack of) value is ridiculous.

I'm betting that some SM60fs on a 7W triode amp would be super sweet!

Finally have the financial means and ready to jump on a used pair. Seems like I just missed some... If anyone's got another pair to pass-around-the-community, let me know!
I only recently got into multi-channel home theater. My upstairs system is still tubes and higher efficiency speakers. I haven't tried to run my SM60Fs (downstairs in HT) off tubes yet. I'd pay a bit of attention to output impedance though as the complex crossover might play havoc on the response even though the efficiency lends itself well to the pairing. I still find you need subs though with most music, but when you do, the total performance is stunning, better than most all horn systems I have heard to date.

Josh

JoshK on most other audio forums
Quantity only when quality is ensured.
post #333 of 335 Old Today, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey @AudioJosh & @Klips h,

Thx for the comments. Also, thx to those who sent me the PM's! I'm interested!

Unfortunately, I've not yet sent enough messages to the board, so I can't respond to the PM's yet. I've sent a message to the Admins seeing if they can unlock me... hate to just post a bunch of spam! Hope to get it resolved, soon...
-J
post #334 of 335 Old Today, 02:02 PM

Unhappy Site won't allow me to respond to PM's yet

Hey @mikela and @malcom .

Thx for reaching out - I'm interested. Unfortunately, the Admin tells me there's no way to respond to your PM's until I get my post-count up to 15. (I'm not going to spam the forum to do it...)

I'd rather not share my email w/ the forum. ...can you guys just PM me a good way to contact you directly for the time being? I'll reach out to you about the Danleys asap.

thx,
-J
post #335 of 335 Old Today, 02:04 PM

(Oh, @mikela . I'm here in Boulder, CO.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Danley Sound Labs , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , D H Labs