Best in-ceiling surround speakers for less than $1000?? let the debate begin! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-27-2010, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With newer/better technology, there is a definitely a trend towards hiding surround speakers these days. It's a topic that's still not being discussed much at the forums tho. Side-mounted in-wall speakers are great, but most of us dont have 2 perfectly positions walls on each side; some have windows, others have "open air" (as in the room extends into another room), etc. It seems like the perfect solution is in-ceiling speakers, especially the new type that you can manually point towards the listener's area, and can also be made "virtually invisible".

Anyone using them (budget of about ~$1000 or less per pair)and can share their experiences?

I'm currently thinking of the definitive technology UIW RSS II or UIW RSS III or DI 5.5BPS in-ceiling speakers... Some of the B&W CCM series seem interesting as well, especially the ones that can be pointed at the listener.

Another question: is 7.1 setup useless if the surrounds are in-ceiling and might as well go for a 5.1 setup??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry the debate never got off the ground. I have the older DefTech BP/A in-ceiling surrounds for my rear surrounds in a 5.1 setup. I've considered adding another in-ceiling pair for 7.1.

But I might just replace the BP/A's with these UIW RSS II versions since they have their own cabinet/enclosure now. I hadn't looked at the B&W's, but I'll check then out.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-28-2010, 04:39 AM

Paradigm also makes some good in ceiling speakers.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page