B&W 602s3 vs Paradigm Studio 20v5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-30-2010, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking of changing my B&Ws (with the LCR 60 center (the big one, I think)) for three Studio 20 v5 speakers across the front.

I await your thoughts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2010, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksar View Post

Thinking of changing my B&Ws (with the LCR 60 center (the big one, I think)) for three Studio 20 v5 speakers across the front.

what do your ears tell you? I would tell you Paradigms all the way but some members will be on my ass quick.

Regency Park Family Theater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Seems like a lateral move to me, although I think you get real wood finish with the 'digms, if you notice a decent improvement go for it.

I think that if you listen to both B&W and Paradigm back to back you should know immediately what you prefer. I fall in the B&W camp, but barely, they are both great.

I'd add Dali, PSB, and Revel to the mix as speakers to audition.

Ron
post #4 of 7 Old 01-31-2010, 04:38 AM
Advanced Member

"I would tell you Paradigms all the way but some members will be on my ass quick." ;-)

And I would tell you, you really need to listen to them. I'm the proud owner of 602 S2's! For my earz, the difference between Paradigms & my 602's was that the Digms sounded like there was a blanket draped over them. At first I thought they sounded pretty good, but the longer I listened to them something just seemed a little off. It began very subtly but I eventually I realized what I was hearing. That's why you need to listen for yourself, you may prefer them over the 602's.

Dali & PSB are very good options. The dealer where I originally purchased my speakers has recently switched from B&W to these + Monitor Audio. They had an open house featuring their new lines so I went to hear for myself. If you like the B&W sound, you may very well like these.

If you have a dealer where you can audition, ask if you can bring in your 602's to audition side by side. Or, better yet, see if they would let you borrow a pair of the Studio's to try in your room.

Good luck, but mostly have fun!
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2010, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEarz View Post

And I would tell you, you really need to listen to them. I'm the proud owner of 602 S2's! For my earz, the difference between Paradigms & my 602's was that the Digms sounded like there was a blanket draped over them.

need a Q-tip thats a first "blanket draped over them" ok sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksar View Post

the studio 20 are going to shine in the bass department. as for the 602's they are not as full as the 20's so your going to need a good sub.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

"need a Q-tip thats a first "blanket draped over them" ok sure"

Maybe I could use the Q-tip to lift the blanket off of them! Which was exactly my point; you obviously like the sound of Paradigms, me...not so much! And, since neither you or I are buying speakers, Parksar really needs to hear the difference for him/her self. As I said, he/she may, or may not like them.

"as for the 602's they are not as full as the 20's so your going to need a good sub"

Since it sounds like these are for HT, hopefully Parksar's already got a good sub. ...at least good enough to keep up with the 602's!!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page