Logitech Z-640 Speakers to television - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have Logitech Z-640 speakers. A picture of the plug that comes out of the main speaker and a picture of the back of my television can be seen below. The Z-640 is few years old and the system consists of 4 small speakers for surround sound, a main central speaker with a power button and volume button, and a sub woofer that has a bass control dial on it. Any help with my questions would be greatly appreciated.

1) I have been using the green plug to connect the speakers to my laptop headphone port for sound. This has always worked fine. However I noticed I plugged in the black plug for sound on my laptop by accident and the sound still came out perfectly fine. Between the orange plug, black plug, and green plug is there a difference in sound quality? Which color should I be using?

2) I would also like to know if I can connect the Logitech z-640 system to my television and how to do it. Is there any special plug/ converter I need and where I can buy it online or what store? My TV is a Toshiba Regza 42RV530U 42 inch 1080p LCD. Picture of inputs on back of TV are below. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM

use the digital audio out (optical cable) and connect that to the back of the 'receiver' and it should work without any problems. I currently have my z-5500 connected and I will happily throw them out the Mfin window when i get a real setup. Ok, maybe not the window but you get the point.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold1906 View Post

use the digital audio out (optical cable) and connect that to the back of the 'receiver' and it should work without any problems. I currently have my z-5500 connected and I will happily throw them out the Mfin window when i get a real setup. Ok, maybe not the window but you get the point.

i spoke with logitech they said i need a 5.1 Game console adapter to convert the yellow, green, and black plugs to RCA (white and red). great company to offer support for a 6 year old product.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6135 View Post

i spoke with logitech they said i need a 5.1 Game console adapter to convert the yellow, green, and black plugs to RCA (white and red). great company to offer support for a 6 year old product.

any recommendation on where to get exactly that part but not from a best buy? that's the only place i'm seeing it at short of ebay.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Try radioshack, or yea like you mentioned, ebay will prob be the fallback. My Z-2300 came with a small black converter that has the 3 audio jacks on one side, and the red/white RCA jacks on the other.

Living Room
Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon DBP-1611 | Roku 3
Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12

Computer
Topping TP23 | NHT SuperZero 2.0 | Velodyne DEQ-8R
post #6 of 6 Old 10-31-2010, 12:28 PM

I also have a Logitech Z-640 speaker lying around. I'm thinking about buying a VIZIO XVT553SV television.

This TV does have RCA ports, so I can use the 5.1 Game Console Adapter mentioned above.

However, this may sound like a stupid question, but I noticed XVT553SV also has digital audio output (S/PDIF). Is there an adapter for the Logitech Z-640 to connect it to this S/PDIF port?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page