Help with finding rears to match my old Infinity Reference 2000 series speakers - AVS Forum
Speakers > Help with finding rears to match my old Infinity Reference 2000 series speakers
rijones's Avatar rijones 07:08 PM 02-23-2010
Hello all - I have an old pair of Infinity Reference Series 2000.6 floor standing speakers in excellent condition. I also have the matching CC-3 Center channel speaker.

Here's my question:

I just bought a new HDTV, blue-ray player, and Denon AV receiver. I want to get set up with surround sound (5.1 will suffice), but I don't have rear speakers. I'm guessing these old Infinity Reference speakers are still considered to be good speakers, so it would probably be more economical for me to just buy a decent pair of rear speakers to complete the surround sound set-up vs. buying all new speakers.

This being said, my first attempt to find matching rears was to search eBay for an old set of 2000 series bookshelf speakers (2000.1, 2000.2, or 2000.3) that were part of this Infinity Reference series. I haven't had much luck, so I would like to consider other options (i.e., buying new).

Can anyone make a recommendation?

Does it matter much if the rears don't match my Infinity fronts and center channel? I would mainly be using them for home theater (movie watching).

advTHANKSance

aboroth00's Avatar aboroth00 07:17 PM 02-23-2010
I've personally owned the 2000.6 and briefly used it as rear surrounds. There are actually two identical lines the 2000.x an the RSx. Being said, the RS5 is equivalent to the 2000.6. You can search for the RS(1-3), the bookshelves of the line on either craigslist or ebay. At any time there is usually a listing for these speakers.

If not, you can take a look into the overture line where they have very similar tweeters and woofers.
BowerR64's Avatar BowerR64 09:48 PM 02-23-2010
I see these on craigs list all the time in my area, check there frequently you will eventualy find some.
rijones's Avatar rijones 10:53 PM 02-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboroth00 View Post

I've personally owned the 2000.6 and briefly used it as rear surrounds. There are actually two identical lines the 2000.x an the RSx. Being said, the RS5 is equivalent to the 2000.6. You can search for the RS(1-3), the bookshelves of the line on either craigslist or ebay. At any time there is usually a listing for these speakers.

If not, you can take a look into the overture line where they have very similar tweeters and woofers.

Thanks for the tip/info on the identical lines. I'll search for the RSx line now as well. Much appreciated!
achhabra's Avatar achhabra 11:13 AM 03-05-2010
Hello,

I found a set of infinity reference speakers at a graage sale which I picked up, however they did not come with a center channel. What center channel are you using, or does someone recommend for someone with infinity reference speakers in the front and back?

Thanks,

Amar
Up
Mobile  Desktop