PLEASE HELP. Need help angle mounting JBL L820's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purchased a pair of JBL L820's to use as rear surronds. I wanted to mount them at the top of my wall and angle them down towards the listening area. They come with brackets but they are only made to be mounted straight against the wall. I have looked at all types of different speaker mounts and can't find any that will work to attach to the speaker and allow me to angle it down short of drilling holes in the box. The speakers come with pre drilled mounting holes 8.5" apart and each speaker weighs almost 20lbs. Please any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 291
There are swivel speaker mounts (used some at our church) but I don't recall the brand -- a Google search should turn up some at many places (Best Buy, etc.) Double-check the weight rating. You might also look for a TV swivel wall mount that you can use, or modify to use, with your JBLs.

HTH - Don

p.s. You could also screw some bolts/eye hooks into the speaker and matching hooks on the wall, using them and some cable/rope/ties/bungees/whatever to suspend the speakers. The vibration may mess up the imaging a bit if they are not tied down well, but you'll probably not notice on surrounds.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #3 of 3 Old 04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Reply Speakers