Computer speakers for bedroom, 2.1, specific need - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried doing some searching, but I couldn't find exactly what I want to achieve.

First some background. I recently purchased an Aiport Express to stream music into my bedroom for listening before I fall asleep. 90% of the time, that is all I will do and I keep them at a pretty low volume, so quality isn't a that big of an issue. Occasionally I'd like to turn the speakers up if I'm cleaning or something though, so if they sound decent I'll be happy. I currently have a 2.1 setup with 1 speaker on each night stand and the subwoofer to the side of one night stand.

I recently purchased the Logitech Z313s from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-0.../dp/B002HWRZ2K

These speakers sound good, but there is no volume control for the subwoofer and it is way too loud with the music at a low volume and it isn't exactly soothing me to sleep.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Desktop speakers or similar
- 2.1, the subwoofer must have separate volume control
- Speakers that plug into each other, so that I can use an extension to put one on each night stand (queen sized bed)
- The speakers can't be too tall because of how the night stand is setup
- $50~ price range

In all honesty, I might not even need a subwoofer, but I figured it would be nice to have for the times that I'd like to turn the volume up.

For reference this is what my bed looks like w/ the nightstands:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/...2f504699_m.jpg
(not an exact photo of mine, but you get an idea, I have lamps on each side similar to that picture).

If anyone could point me towards a set of speakers that meet my needs I would greatly appreciate it. I went to Best Buy to see if any of the systems had detachable speakers and the Logtech's above are the only ones that did.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page