Klipsch Lightspeaker as Rear Surrounds? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a pair of the new wireless Klipsch Lightspeakers in hopes of using them as rear surrounds. Seemed easy enough to plug into my recessed light fixtures and set up. However, the transmitter that you hook the sources up to only takes RCA or mini adaptors. My receiver only has speaker wire outs for the rear surrounds (which seems typical). Do I return the lightspeakers or is there a way to make this work?
Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Below is info and a link to what appears to be a fix that comes from the car audio industry. I've ordered one and am going to test it. Not bad for a $20 fix if it works!

TWO CHANNEL HIGH QUALITY LINE DRIVE ADAPTER
NE-7V $19.95

I can't post the link, but google David Navone and you'll find it.

There are many others out there, some more expensive than others. Noise could be an issue, but we'll see! If this one doesn't work, I'll find one that does!! Will post results after receiving the adapter.

Am also using a single Sonos Zone Player (LightSpeaker transmitter RCA'd to the RCA output on the Sonos) with the Iphone app to control the music from from Iphone.

Apple Remote App can be used on a wifi touch or Iphone as well to control your itunes library on your computer, if the computer is one of the sources. You can view cover art, change songs, mute, volume up/down all from your IPhone or touch!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
I asked Klpisch how to do this, here is what they sent me:

You would want to connect the transmitter to the L/R surround outputs not inputs. There would need to be line level outputs (RCA connectors) instead of speaker wire connectors. Really it should be pretty straightforward, but its probably worth reading through the manual to make sure they fit in your room (it will also give you a good idea on how to use them). You can find it here:

http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/3868.aspx

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

nice arrangement! i ordered one from davidnarvone as well and we'll see if it does the trick. thanks for the direction.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page